“Thrown out when bartender "Jake" found out I was gay!”
Review of Elbo Room

Elbo Room
Ranked #178 of 1,407 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 16, 2013

The bartender "Jake" humiliated me and a friend in front of a full crowd when he found out we were gay. I couldn't believe that was happening to us in Fort Lauderdale of all places

2  Thank mojto2

Reviewed October 18, 2012

How do you rate an institution? Yes, it's a dive...but it's THE dive on Ft. Lauderdale beach. Beer is cheap, the music is good and it's always crowded.

Everyone who we know that's been to Ft. Lauderdale said we should go here. We'll now being doing the same.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

whenever we passed it by. Although I didn't really think that it was my scene, however, my husband (an old rocker) insisted that it was a must. The music was loud & so were the girls! The barman served us immediately & we paid $9 for a Magners & Bud Light which was OK. I got the impression that almost everyone was local at Elbo Room, no one seemed to pay for their drinks they seemed to have a tab. Yeah go on pop in & have a quick one!

2  Thank DeuceWooo
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I was there on a Saturday afternoon in January with some friends. The bartender was really friendly and personably, the drinks were relatively well priced, especially compared to the rest of the area. Its a perfect little open air spot right across from the beach. I heard that they had pretty below par bathrooms but, talking to the bartender, we found out that right before we were there they upgraded them, which really showed.
Overall I had a great time here and was very comfortable the whole time. The crowd here was very diverse- all ages, tourists, locals, bikers, couples, big groups, regulars... this bar seemed to have, and welcome everyone.
I will definitely make sure I go back every time i visit Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed November 17, 2011

The Elbo Room has been around since back when Ft. Lauderdale Beach was cool. It's one of the last great dive bars with the nastiest men's room ever, but that is part of the mystique. On the corner of A1A and Los Olas Blvd. this is the heart of Ft. L beach. Come have your favorite beverage and watch the world go by. Fair warning, my wife won't go here with me (although she should because there are many very aggressive "cougars" here looking for a friend). I recommend going on a Friday or Saturday from 5:00 - 8:00 because then you get the beach people and also the parade of automobiles from classics, to low riers to the latest Ferraris and Lamborghinis. After 8pm it can get a little freaky and fights start about 10. Check out their web cams: http://www.elboroom.com/page/roof-cam

3  Thank NHTraveler03885