“Slow and rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

Old Fort Lauderdale Breakfast House
Ranked #244 of 1,320 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Slow and rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I really do not want to write this. I have been to this restaurant several times and the food is very good. You will see a strange mix of reviews on Trip Advisor because the place is erratic. I have finally decided I have made my last visit. We brought our out of town guests here for breakfast, promising it would be great. It took 10 minutes to get a table, 15 minutes to get our water, coffee never arrived and I finally cancelled the order for it. It took 20 minutes for the waitress to take our food order and 35 minutes for the food to arrive. Another 10 plus minutes to get the bill paid. We arrived here at 9:40 am and left at 11:30 am...nearly 2 hours for breakfast. I finally went inside to ask if there was a problem with our order. The man in charge stared at me and without expression, said "no"... So I said, "we come here frequently and the service is normally not this slow". He said "take your seat...we will be with you". No explanation, nor any apology.. Asked for maple syrup and was told it would be $3.00 extra..said that is fine, but...it never came. Asked for more water..it did show up, after we had eaten most of our meal. I read the newspaper review which was scathing, and I felt like it was unfair, but... Now I understand how bad the service can be. I live here..I am a regular, and I won't eat here again.

2 Thank Natalie P

Los Angeles, California
“Rude thiefs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Me and my BFF were looking for a nice place to go have breakfast not far from FLL airport. So , we waited for 47 minutes for the eggs!!! Besides that, we had our iPad plugged in, stuff tried to take it two times without even asking if it belongs to us. Second time, I said excuse me, that's us ours! And the manager who took is was like what is your f*** attitude? You think I was trying to steal it? Me and my friend were in shock!!! After that he was told us we are not welcome there anymore.. This is something else.. Food is way overpriced, we should just went to ihop or so.. And service is terrible

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank varvara k
Hollywood, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

We stumbled upon this hidden gem looking for a place to eat before a show at the performing arts center. I was a littke skeptical because their specialty is breakfast. We were pleasantly surprised. Dinner was delicious!! The staff was super friendly. I can't wait to go back and try their breakfast.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Lots of really great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

The food at this funky little restaurant is incredibly fresh and incredibly well done. My favorite is the skillet sized corn pancake which I swear I will not finish and always do. Cappuccino is great too.

Visited November 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Little nugget offers good food morning, noon and night”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

As per the title, they make great breakfast. May have to wait on weekends, get there early before the church crowd on Sunday. Omelets are great as is the toast made form the best bread in town.

Recently open for dinner, good Southern American fair with some breakfast favorites still on the menu. Meatloaf was almost as good as mine and that is a high compliment. Loved the corn pancake and the next visit I am having the Chicken Pot Pie which my husband loved.

They use fresh local ingredients and keep things uncomplicated. This is a good restaurant and I certainly plan to become a "regular".

Visited October 2012