“Quite the snoozer”

Fort Lauderdale Ghost Tour
Ranked #47 of 126 Tours in Fort Lauderdale
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Our Ghost Walk is a walking tour that is a 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. John Marc Carr, your tour guide and author of the book "Haunted Fort Lauderdale", will show you and your guests to Downtown Fort Lauderdale's most haunted places. John plays EVPs of some of the ghost that haunt within these locations. Tour is about approximately 10 blocks long. Adults $20 Children $15. Available on Friday and Saturday at 8:45 p.m. Our Haunted Fire Station event is a tour inside the historical Fire Station #3. Hear stories about the haunting of Firemen and women who worked for the Fire Station. Hear EVPs and see the areas where the ghost of Robert Leland Knight haunts. Adults $20 Children $15. Available on Sunday at 2:00 p.m.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Quite the snoozer”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Me and my friends thought it would be interesting but we left after the first hour. We met at the Cheesecake Factory then sat outside the iron gates of the Stranahan House for 20mins to hear about the 6 ghosts that live there. We then made our way to the bars of downtown ft lauderdale and that's where we got off. The EVP's have a lot of static and background noise. The picture our guide had of the man in the white suit is the same one on their website (I thought I'd be seeing a better shot). All in all that is $20 of my hard earned money that went right down the drain. I've been to ghost tours in many different states and by far this one is the least impressive. Don't get me wrong, John is very knowledgeable but the tour is a snoozer. Save your money for the tour "inside" the Stranahan house.

Visited March 2013
5 Thank Santita74
GhostTourGuy, Owner at Fort Lauderdale Ghost Tour, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
We are sorry you got bored on our tour. It maybe too long for you and you might be best for our Haunted Fire Station tour where we go inside of the haunted location. We are considered as the top ghost tours of SE Florida my CBS Miami "The Best of Southeast Florida".
Again, we are sorry we didn't live up to your expectation.

Weston, Florida
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Incredible experience!”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My husband, son and I took the tour last night....we were so amazed! The history, stories and spirits that we encountered made for a wonderful night! We highly recommend this tour for anybody interested in the paranormal!
John was very informative, kept us captivated, and answered any questions (even from our 7 year old).

Visited October 2012
3 Thank Stephanie S
Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Could have been better”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We tried this out while vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale. We didn't even stick with the tour and snuck away early because we were yawning within the first hour that we sat peering through the IRON FENCE at the Stranahan House and hearing of its hauntings!? Would have been much better it we could have actually went into the house or on the grounds while the guide was telling us the haunted tales instead of looking through an iron fence to see if curtains were being opened by the ghost's that reside there? Was just not what we expected but for some it is probably a great experience? Just my opinion. :\

Visited October 2012
4 Thank Jane17
GhostTourGuy, Owner at Fort Lauderdale Ghost Tour, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
It's quite obvious that you've never been on a ghost tour before so I could see your confusion.
We do not go into any of the haunted locations on the Ghost Walk. Some locations are closed at night, ie Stranahan House (museum) and the Stranahan House has a gate around it because of break-ins by people who want to "spend the night" or steal from this haunted museum. That locations is now considered the 4th most haunted site in Florida.
If you stayed on the tour you would have been able to sit on a haunted porch or walk around some of the other locations during the tour.
We recommend people to read what the tour is about on our website instead of making assumptions. If you really want to go inside of a haunted locations you can always try our "Haunted Fire Station #3" tour.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“don;t waste your time............”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

yes u do get a little history but u can get that almost anywhere,,,,,,,,,its not worth the time and the money.........suited more for the pre teen or a halloween scare........not for whats up........

Visited October 2011
4 Thank Mitzi S
We are sorry you didn't have fun on our ghost tour.
Our ghost tour is geared for all ages. I do remember you and you dropped out after 2-3 locations.
During that time we had 30 minutes of history of the Stranahan House, so I'm not understanding you stating lack of history. My tour has been approved by the Stranahan House and the Historical Society of Fort Lauderdale and we been rated one of the top ten ghost tour on the "Best List" of CBS Miami Florida.
You might consider going on a shorter tour like our Fire Station tour, which is best for those with limited attention spans or for those who are too old to walk the 5 block distance.
San Francisco, California
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Fascinating and Fun Ghost Tour of Las Olas Blvd area.”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

I agree with the previous review. Be sure to wear comfy shoes and to bring bottled water for rehydration. It's a great way to walk off your dinner. Our guide, the engaging John Carr, took us on a fascinating history tour of the Las Olas Blvd area. Along the way, we may have seen a few paranormal sightings in the form of blinking lights and billowing curtains ... I'll leave it up to you to believe or not. At many of the stops, he shared audio recordings and photos of supposed hauntings. However, I have to admit that some of these recordings and photos weren't very convincing. Still, you don't need to be a believer of the paranormal to have a good time. Worth the 20 bucks.

Visited May 2012