“A Very Relaxing Afternoon”
Review of Gondolas West

Gondolas West
More attraction details
Owner description: Gondolas Wests' M/V eCHO is a nearly silent 22' electric boat that cruises the back canals and rivers of beautiful Ft. Lauderdale. With a commitment to green energy, our tours are focused more on nature over noise. Come with us to see the wildlife that south Florida is famous for... Manatees, Great Blue Herons, Egrets and Osprey are only a few of the characters we will see on this unique cruise through the "Venice of America"
Reviewed June 20, 2014

We were going to take the evening cruise but decided on the 12:30pm since the weather looked clear. Captain Chris took us on an entertaining 2 hour tour. He was very charismatic and knowledgeable. My family and I had never seen the ICW so we were amazed at the beautiful homes and yachts. It's going to be hard to head back to Cleveland after seeing how the other half, (actually 1%), live. We will always remember this afternoon. As it turned out taking the 12:30 was a good call. At 2:30pm the thunder started and it poured for the rest of the day.

1  Thank JuanitaCleveland

Reviewed June 1, 2014

Oh where to begin. We had Captain Chris take us out last night, who is also owner of this awful company. He started by hiding one of the bags of food we gave him in a dockside locker, then tried to tell us to "forget about it" like it shouldn't matter!? Rude doesn't describe this guy. Over the course of the next two hours with this guy, he insulted us several times - he called us uptight, awkward, and made fun of us when we asked him to turn his music down. He was blasting music he picked and rocking out by himself; we couldn't even hear each other. When we asked him to put country on, he refused. He turned the lights off on us while we were eating dinner on the cruise and refused to turn them back on. Then he took two of our beers out of the fridge and drank them while on the cruise!? Cursed the whole time, kept inserting himself into the conversation. Oh yeah, then he peed off the dock when we got back to Bahia Mar. We're pretty sure he was drunk. Go elsewhere.

12  Thank CS33301
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Gondolas West is an amazing experience and the most relaxing tour of the canals you can find. Chris has done two private tours for us now for our visiting guests and we will be bringing more back for his expertise in the future! He is very personable and knowledgeable, and his boat is roomy, immaculate, quiet, and a first class way to take in the Venice of America. You are in for a real treat with Gondolas West!

2  Thank TONY F
Reviewed May 13, 2014

It was not easy to find someone taking tourists (or locals) on a simple boat trip around Ft Lauderdale canals and inter coastal....But I was lucky enough to surf the net until I found these guys. They have set trips 5 times a day, we (party of 6) chose the 2 hour trip (3PM) and indicated we wanted to see a bit of everything, the city, the inter coastal, the big houses...and they responded with a nice (and quiet) two hour boat trip for a very different perspective of the Las Olas Area, New River, Inter Coastal, plus. Dan was a great captain/guide with relevant information of the area, boats, houses, and all the questions my younger daughter decided to ask...Before I forget the boat/gondola is in excellent conditions, new, clean, and very comfortable...I recommend this attraction to anyone who comes into town or whom like us live in the area but don't have a boat.

1  Thank SFBeachgoer
Chris M, Owner at Gondolas West, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hi,
Thank-you for your great review for Captain Dan and Gondolas West. I always appreciate feedback from our guests and am happy to hear that as a local you were able to see a little bit of everything that the inter coastal and the canals of Ft. Lauderdale has to offer. When I designed the trips this was important to me. Thanks again for your kind words and we hope to see you again!
Chris

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My significant other and I thoroughly enjoyed the trip. Chris made the trip highly entertaining and enjoyable. Very reasonably priced and a nice way to spend the afternoon and see Ft. Lauderdale from a different vantage point.

Chris M, Owner at Gondolas West, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hi,
Thank-you for the great review and I am so happy that you both enjoyed the afternoon with us. Part of the reason I designed the trip is to offer a different view of Ft. Lauderdale of the beautiful canals it has to offer. I hope that you come and take another trip with us soon. Thanks again!
Chris