“Edi Rocks!”

Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dapur is the most recent and highly anticipated creation by renowned designer, chef and restaurateur Edi Mulyanto, who conceived Fort Lauderdale's most popular Asian and Thai restaurant. With his big dreams and cutting edge concepts, Mulyanto is always one step ahead. Alongside Mulyanto is one of South Florida's most sought-after chef. Almunir, has been known for innovative Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine. His artful dishes receive praise from critics around the world. Simply put, Dapur will be a cool, trendy spot with great food and drinks that will keep you coming back for more.
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Atmosphere is great!! The food is even better.

They have wonderful lunch and dinner specials daily, and service is impeccable.

Their edamame to start with is delicious, they have a wonderful garden in the back where they get a lot of their own veggies and herbs to cook with. Really makes a difference!

It looks small on the outside, but it's very spacious and roomy inside. Guess it's a grower and not a shower.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Having a $100 gift certificate in hand, I headed to Dapur with my partner with high hopes for an enjoyable evening and scrumptious food. The service was average. The ambience was nice. Everything else was just plain the worse! I had Korean Short Ribs and Miso Cod. I could not eat either. Being there on a gift certificate, I felt bad sending the food back.
After dinner, my partner went home and ACTUALLY COOKED DINNER for ourselves as we were starving!
Suffice it to say I will NEVER go back. Just a complete joke and travesty of a restaurant!

2  Thank John R
Reviewed July 22, 2014

My 1st time @ Dapur was only memorable because we had a great, attentive, amazing waiter (Alfredo). Unfortunately, the sushi/sashimi portion plates were meager for the price. We tried their 'Happy Hour' @ the bar & the sushi was mostly rice and 2 wrong orders. I waited for my 3rd time to do my review & I was extremely disappointed. A split of Moet et Chandon came in a small glass w/o the bottle & the price was $15..!? Also, our sushi/sashimi order was smaller and our waiter was out in left field. I had to keep reminding him of what I had ordered. The whole experience was shameful. I did tip the waiter but mentioned that the business wouldn't survive w/the inconsistency in food portions & understaffed service. (I'm learning a valuable lesson about rushing to do any review; wait before reviewing.)
FYI: Our 1st time waiter, Alfredo, who gave such great service, also works @ Il Mulino on Sunrise Blvd; amazing, outstanding service from Alfredo) I'm not recommending Dapur to anyone unless they want to be insulted.

10  Thank tresjolie1000
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Bring your appetite and prepare yourselves for delightful tastes and aroma's.
Dapur offers many choices starting with Small Plates. Some of my favorites are SHRIMP DUMPLINGS. They are amply filled but not heavy. New to the menu is WOK EDAMAME
made with soy bean, spices and sesame seeds. You may also choose regular edamame. CRISPY BRUSSEL SPROUTS…like nothing you have ever tasted. They are so delicious
that I personally am guilty of eating 1 order in the restaurant and taking another home!
Recently I tried CRISPY CALAMARI. Tender, not overly breaded and served with a light, flavorful dipping sauce.
TIGER SHRIMP wrapped in rice paper and served with pineapple-peach chutney and BEEF SEMUR are 2 of my regular choices. Each time I go to DAPUR I add selections I have not had before. SHRIMP PAD THAI and CHICKEN SATAY were the the latest two. Delicious!!! Of course the more people at your table…the more options to choose from.
The bar is a happening area, the dining room spacious and tastefully appointed, private parties or business functions have their own location. Edy Mulyanto, the owner and his staff are there to see to our needs.
Whether you are there for small plates drinks, LUNCH or dinner, you are in for a treat.
HAPPY DINING!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have to say I have been back 3 more times. I absolutely love everything on the menu. The BRUSSEL sprouts reeled me in. :)
The owner EDI is such a great host to all that walk into his sanctuary. We enjoyed his hospitality and smiles. The drinks, the exquisite flavors in all of dapur's dishes and the deserts are all an experience I hope everyone gets to experience. Thank you EDI me and my gang will be back for more soon.