“A Nice Surprise in Fort Lauderdale”
Review of Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge - CLOSED

Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Dapur is the most recent and highly anticipated creation by renowned designer, chef and restaurateur Edi Mulyanto, who conceived Fort Lauderdale's most popular Asian and Thai restaurant. With his big dreams and cutting edge concepts, Mulyanto is always one step ahead. Alongside Mulyanto is one of South Florida's most sought-after chef. Almunir, has been known for innovative Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine. His artful dishes receive praise from critics around the world. Simply put, Dapur will be a cool, trendy spot with great food and drinks that will keep you coming back for more.
Nassau, New Providence Island
“A Nice Surprise in Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I never expect much of Asian Food in Florida but this restaurant was surprisingly good.
It is located next to a shopping strip mall but once inside the decor was contemporary the lighting was pleasing for an evening meal. The service is very professional and attentive. The menu offers a large range of small plates for sharing as well as significant mains. Would highly recommend the scallops, shrimp tempura and the dumplings. Pad Thai was also good as a main course. Decent wine list and a nice cocktail menu make this a great dining option.

• Visited November 2013

Aventura
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious lunch (new) at Dapur”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

DUMPLINGS...the best ever! You actually taste the delicious filling. The outside is not all doughy but delicate and light allowing each bite to MELT in your mouth. Describing this has me thinking about the next time I taste them!
For those of you who never tried or liked BRUSSEL SPROUTS - THIS is the time!!!! Dapur's chef preforms his magic on them. OMG they were sooo good we put in an order for 2 more portions.
Each forkful was a piece of heaven. COCONUT SHRIMP and PAD THAI with LOBSTER (usually not a choice offered in other restaurants) are also on my list of foods to live by! The servers were watchful and attentive to our needs, the restaurant is beautifully appointed, the food delicious and last but not least you can have a party in one of the rooms off the main dining room or in the bar/
lounge area. There were going to be a couple of events later that day and evening. One was an office gathering and one a personal party. Something to think about! These are some of the reasons to go to DAPUR. The ride for us was 40 minutes and worth every minute. I have never written to Tripadvisor before. Until the next visit (soon) my memories of lunch yesterday will keep me smiling.

1 Thank loVes117food
Aventura, Florida
“The BEST LUNCH EVER!!!!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Today I tried the newly initiated LUNCH, at Dapur. I took a "foodie" friend along to share this experience. She tasted the Dumplings and exclaimed, "These are the BEST Dumplings I have EVER Had,-- ANYWHERES in the World." I then introduced her to their Brussel Sprouts. She was OVERWHELMED by their FABULOUS taste. After "wolfing" those down, we ordered two more portions. Their portions are PLENTIFUL. However, the Brussel Sprouts are SO EXCEPTIONAL, that we could not get ENOUGH of them. We also ordered the very UNIQUE and excellent Chicken, with an Orange Sauce,-- that had a subtle and delicious flavor. Their EXQUISITE Pad Thai had CHUNKS of Lobster-- and was the EXCEPTIONAL ending to this OUTSTANDING lunch. Dapur has a beautiful and serene ambiance, WHICH, when coupled with the CONSISTENTLY friendly and accommodating service, made our lunch MEMORABLE! We left there feeling that "all is good in the world" and that we were PRIVILEGED to DINE at such a FINE restaurant. Based on today's lunch,-- my friend is planning on making a Birthday party for her husband at Dapur. After feasting on their wide array of lunch choices, and relaxing in the elegant and serene ambiance , she has decided that one of the tastefully decorated PRIVATE rooms at Dapur, will be an excellent setting for his SPECIAL Birthday party. Eddie, the owner, will be helping her to plan a LAVISH and EXTRAORDINARY event,-- that will be remembered for many years to come. Dapur is a TREASURE!!!

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“The best Asian restaurant anywhere.”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

My 5th time there and the food food and atmosphere is always the best. For some reason, our server last night,Ashley, was not good. Soeaks way too loudly and could be heard on the other side of the room. Not very attentive either but her colleagues still covered for her. Still a great experience. Often take out-of-town guests there and they always rave about it. I will be back.

Port of Spain, Trinidad
“Fantastic food in a wonderful space!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I'd heard about this restaurant on Facebook, from a friend who lives in the Miami area. When my Mum and I travelled there we were taken to dinner at Dapur. What an experience! The food is just FANTASTIC!! So are the drinks, the service, the atmosphere. We were there pretty late and we got to meet Edi, the owner, and his Master Chef. It was truly an honor! Edi even allowed us to sample his hot pepper sauces made with peppers from all over the world...HOT!!! I can't wait to come back to the US to eat at Dapur! Thanks Edi and staff for making us feel so welcome and for such a wonderful experience!