New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Not a bad little place! I can see why they have left the lights on all these years” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale

Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #104 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

My dad used to stay in Motel 6
Economy, no breakfast, bad coffee, uppity staff
But cheap
It does the job !
I had a good room placement
Right out the back door to my truck
I do disagree about 2.99+tax ($3.17) for WiFi separately charged
Noisy and thuggish at night

Room Tip: No room service but next to many restaurants No gym
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank jhussher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Economy stay, great people at the front desk, best price for that area, a little more than other ones, room was very clean, a little outdated but in talking to them they are going to renovate next month. They have nightly security for this interior corridor property so nothing really happened the week I was there.

• Stayed June 2013
Denmark, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

After getting there by cab late at night (around 11:00 PM) without reservations I hoped there was a room available at a reasonable rate. I only needed one night. I wanted smoking. The desk clerk offered me a room for smokers with two beds. I told him I didn’t need two beds. So he then offered me a room with a double bed, handicap access, and smoking. This was a good idea and a good deal. Check-in was quick. I started asking questions about available food. He told me there are a few restaurants close by that unfortunately would be closed at this hour. Also, he mentioned that Winn Dixie and a Publix grocery stores were within walking distance. However, they too would be closed this late. He suggested a pizza place that I could call that would deliver to my motel room this late. He handed me their menu. I skipped the suggestion, but couldn’t wait until the next morning when Lil Reds BBQ restaurant right next door was open for breakfast. The room had plenty of space and was on the ground floor. It was comfortable and looked like it had recently been refurbished. The $55 plus tax I paid was well worth staying in a clean, quiet, brightly decorated room with a comfortable double bed. It is a well staffed hotel with friendly and helpful personnel. It is convenient lodging for persons going to or having arrived at Fort Lauderdale Hollywood International Airport which is only 3.7 miles away. Another upside of my stay was the short wait for a cab to get me back to the closest Tri-rail station.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank BigBoyWorldDada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Considering many travelers have a pre-set budget for each aspect of their vacation, this hotel will not break the bank. Most hotels that are convenient to Port Everglades (this particular hotel is approximately 5 miles straight down SR 84 to the port!) average $125 to over $500 per night. We paid $79 plus tax for a clean, quiet & well staffed hotel. It was also close to I-95 which makes finding the location very simple. It's not the Waldorf-Astoria, but you get what you pay for. I personally would rather save my money to spend during my cruise!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank CruisePlannerJax
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A great choice for budget-minded travelers! Clean, convenient to the cruise port (a straight shot down SR 84!), friendly & helpful staff & easy to get to from I-95. It's not a 5-star property, but if you would rather save your money to spend on your cruise, this is a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank SuzanneAndTom
Stamford, CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed one night, pre-cruise, March 15, 2013. I was a bit leery based on other reviews and actually tried to find another hotel. We arrived late - after 11:00 pm; Laurie at the front desk was quite friendly and had our rooms ready in just minutes. The room had a slight odor to it - not sure what it was; we turned on the A/C and it took care of it. The next morning, we went next door to Lil Reds BBQ and had an awesome breakfast. Nice pool area on one side; my husband and I enjoyed the morning sunshine while waiting for my son and his friend to get ready. Downside of our stay was the 45 minute wait for a cab to get us to Port Everglades despite several phone calls.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank robinm918
Chesapeake, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was quite, bed comfortable, check-in quick. Shower stall was clean, water hot, towels better than normal for a 6. TV still the old CRTV and channels limited. Room had slight odor especially when the heat was turned on.
$69. senior seemed a little high.
Good BBQ joint next door.
Would stay again.

Room Tip: Recommend second floor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank dave s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#57 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.5 of 5 stars 595 reviews
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#77 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
3.0 of 5 stars 1,740 reviews
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#36 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 359 reviews
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#34 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 957 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#16 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 809 reviews
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!