“Dirty,drug infested,bug infested ,noisy ,ill managed,and the room smelled like urine and cigarettes,I would not let my dog stay ”

Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #113 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Stayed one night,I was kept. Up by the people in the room above me speeding on meth and bouncing on floore room was dirty,the desk was rotting at the base,the shower had long strands of someones hair in it.plaster rotting at bathroom wall base. Earwig bugs crawling up bathroom walls. Room smelled of urine ,old shoe and cigarette smells.when exiting hotel I was approached by man who wanted to sell me drugs. Also tweeker looking people with what looked like prostitutes cruising in,around and in front of hotel. I arrive a bit early before check in and really had to go to bathroom and manager would not let me use bathroom,I expected bed bugs after all this but saw none.this is really true I want to prevent other people from having sam bad experience

• Stayed January 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Minocqua, Wi
Reviewed December 8, 2011

The place was awful. Probably the nastiest place I've ever stayed in. Sleep in your car, or in a dumpster, you'll sleep better.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank snowmobilly
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed October 20, 2011

If this is your only choice, sleep in your car. I wouldn't let a dog walk on that carpet. Had money refunded.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank 2020Reviewer
Reviewed May 5, 2011

I liked this place. The beds were very comfortable. There are smoking rooms. I think the only bad thing about this place is that there are no elevators. Everything else is great.

Room Tip: good for a short stay.
Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Utah
Reviewed January 28, 2010

This was the most horrible hotel (motel) room I've ever been in. My husband and I took a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and we needed a room for one night because we flew home the day after the cruise. The "lobby" felt gross but the lady who checked us in was nice. We got our room keys and headed to our room. The entire motel smelled horrible. I tried to hold my breath as we headed to the room. We walked into the room and I literally started to cry. It was so gross. It smelled old and dirty, the bed spread was clearly from 20 years ago (which makes you wonder how many people have slept on it....eww), the phone was broken, the bathroom seemed updated but dirty and we found 1 dead cockroach and I killed a live one in the bathroom. There wasn't even a picture on the wall. It felt like prison. We decided to get out of the room for awhile so we wouldn't be tempted to kill ourselves so we took a cab to the beach. The beach is within 10 miles, but the cab ride will cost you 20 bucks each way. There is a grocery store, Wendy's and a McDonalds within half a mile of the motel, but there is no way that I would walk there after dark. The area seemed really sketchy. I paid a fee to change our flight so that we could leave earlier because we couldn't stand the motel. We felt like prisoners, trapped, having to take a cab everywhere. Also, we were on the every end of the hallway and I don't know if there was some drug deals or hookin' going on, but people went throught that outside door every 3 minutes for HOURS on end. In the morning when we got up to leave, the toilet clogged, so we were lucky that we didn't have to sit there all day to wait for our flight. I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. By the time you pay for a roundtrip taxi, you could probably spend another 50 bucks and get a nice/safe hotel right by the beach.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank neon645
Virginia
Reviewed January 24, 2010

We killed 3 in our room between 9pm and 1am. Needless to say I did not sleep at all.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank onvacation2010
melbedewy
Reviewed December 31, 2009

Only fools who expect Four Seasons pampering for $34 a night will not love this place. Clean, secure rooms. Safe, lighted parking. Better than usual vending selections. Ice machine. Wake-up calls. 24 hour laundry room. Great pool open to late night. Great barbecue place right next door. Seconds to highway.Really for $34 a night I can put my own mint on the pillow.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank melbedewy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#28 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#38 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades Cruise Port
Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauder...
#61 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Ramada Fort Lauderdale Airport/C...
#69 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Super 8 Dania Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades

Been to Motel 6 Fort Lauderdale? Share your experiences!