“Food so good, I went back a second time on the same trip!”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #4 of 1,335 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to La Dolce Vita. Located in the center of Fort Lauderdale's historic shopping and arts district, La Dolce Vita serves up Fort Lauderdale's finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At La Dolce Vita, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, our home made pasta make us unique in every dish we prepare at La Dolce Vita. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our delicious menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Shreveport, Louisiana
“Food so good, I went back a second time on the same trip!”
Reviewed May 9, 2014

I read good reviews about this restaurant and had to try it for my self. Super friendly staff provide just thre right amount of attention. Their home-made pasta was awesome! Normally, I would order a different entree on a second visit, but their spaghetti was the best I've ever had. My partner dined on the fresh seafood and also ordered it a second time. I cannot wait to return to Ft. Lauderdale and La Dolce Vita.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank lachoirboy

lake mary, fl
“Excellent food, owners on hand & involved”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

Italian's own and operate this restaurant and they know what they are doing. The carbonara was REAL, everything was really lovely. Great simple menu but fresh ingredients. Excellent service, we were certainly well cared for indeed.

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Had heard such great things”
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We tired it, and sadly both of us felt ill and "burpy" that evening. The food tasted fine, not great, but fine.

Visited April 2014
4 Thank Ann L
Boston, Massachusetts
“a little bit of Boston's North End in Fort Lauderdale”
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Fantastic on all fronts. Service was excellent and the place was packed. Beer & wine only for alcohol.

We split the buffalo ricotta appetizer with prosciutto slices & arugala. Different with the ricotta but very tasty. My wife had the gnocchi's and I had the Chitarrina “La Dolce Vita (Homemade square spaghetti w/ sauteed mussels, Mediterranean clams & shrimp in pinot grigio wine & fresh tomato sauce). For desert she had the chocolate lava cake and I had tiramisu. One of the top two I've had, creamy and full of flavor.

Make sure you add this place to your list of restaurants. A short drive from the Marriott beach place tower where we stayed. We went on a Monday and by 6:30 the place was jammed.

2 Thank HappyVacationMan
Atlanta, Georgia
“Like going to Italy”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived on a Saturday night without a reservation assuming that there would be no chance of getting a table. The restaurant generously fit us in, and we ended up being very glad that they did. It seemed like most of the other patrons were regulars, as they were greeted by name, even with hugs from the waitstaff. We felt like we were lucky enough to be eating in a neighborhood restaurant in Italy. My teenage daughter had the mushroom ravioli, which she claimed was the best food that she had ever eaten (in only 17 years, but we have taken her to some nice restaurants!). The fish special was wonderful, and signature dish (La Dolce Vita, a seafood and pasta dish), was all that was advertised. We all wish that we lived nearby, as we would be regulars, too.

2 Thank sanibelrocks