“Authentic Italian through and through”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #5 of 1,326 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to La Dolce Vita. Located in the center of Fort Lauderdale's historic shopping and arts district, La Dolce Vita serves up Fort Lauderdale's finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At La Dolce Vita, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, our home made pasta make us unique in every dish we prepare at La Dolce Vita. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our delicious menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
New York City
“Authentic Italian through and through”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

if you are looking for a red sauce joint that smothers store-bought pasta and breaded meats with mozzarella, go somewhere else. La Dolce Vita could well be a neighborhood restaurant in any of the great food regions of northern Italy. The pasta and bread are made fresh on the premises. In fact, everything tasted absolutely freshly prepared, from my salad with arugula and tomatoes bursting with flavor, to the cioppino (fish stew), with day-boat fish and shellfish in a broth that deserves mopping up (scarpetta!) with the delicious bread. Everyone on the staff IS Italian, and many of the guests around me were natives as well. The wine list offers excellent "insider" choices from Italy at reasonable prices. The service is friendly and professional without being overly solicitous. Nestled off of A1A on 33rd street across from Galt Ocean Drive, you will have to search out this intimate gem, and shame on you if you don't. Belissimo!

• Visited August 2013

Fort Lauderdale, FL
“Hands down the best Italian food in South Florida”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This is my new favorite restaurant in Florida! I've eaten here several times over the past year, and it's been consistently good with exceptional service and wonderful food. The atmosphere and menu are authentically Italian with the proprietor Fabio keeping a close watch on everything. It's a quaint small restaurant, perfect for a special occasion, a date, a family dinner or really any reason. I am a true foodie and have never been disappointed, right down the the perfect amount of salad dressing on their simple, yet delicious, salads. Unlike a lot of Italian restaurants, the chef allows the true natural flavors of the food to come through without drenching it in heavy sauces. The dishes are light, fresh and nothing short of wonderful. You'll be glad you tried it, and I'm sure you'll return again!

Switzerland, Fla.
“Visit Italy- no passport required”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

We were in Ft. Lauderdale for a few days last week, staying at the Il Lugano Hotel.(see my review-superb place!) Unfortunatley some tropical storms "hung around" for about 5 days, and even flooded streets in Fl. Lauderdale.
After having some appetizers and wine at our hotel, we decided to just walk to eat somewhere close, so we got our umbrellas and strolled to "La Dolce Vita". Since it was a rainy Monday evening, there were only a few other customers when we got there, everyone laughing and happy. Italian and English echoed around the room..
The interior is charming, rustic, and typical of an Italian bistro down a narrow alleyway in Italy. The walls are covered with posters of the movie "La Dolce Vita", which means "The Sweet Life", and starred Marcello Mastroianni and Anita Ekberg.
Our waiter Zaccaria was a "hoot". He was chatty, friendly, and stedfast that NO changes to the menu could be made. I had reviewed the menu online, and had "my heart set" on the Ravioli Al Funghi, but it was served with a creamy cheese sauce. I'm sure the sauce is delicious, but I try to "watch the calories & fat" somewhat by never getting cream sauce. I asked Zaccaria if I could have the mushroom ravioli with a marinara sauce, and was told vehemently. "No senora", you must have the sauce the chef chose. So, I had to order cheese ravioli to get the red sauce, and it was truly delicious. My husband ordered the pasta with meat sauce and ate every bite. The bread was tasty, and the chocolte cake we had was fantastic!! The Sangiovese wine I had was incredible. I need to get the name of the winery from them. The only thing I didn't care for was the Verdure Ripassate( chef's choice sauteed greens) I do not eat meat, and love all greens. The dish I received was Swiss Chard. It had too many stems and was too bulky. I usually inhale sauteed greens, and was disappointed.
However, besides that, if we lived in Ft. Lauderdale we would eat at "La Dolce Vita" all of the time, and we will definitely eat there again the next time we are in the area.

Pennsylvania
“The ONLY place you should eat in Fort Lauderdale!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2013

In the years since posting to Trip Advisor...this is the first time while dining I felt the need to take a photo of something to post...it was just the perfection of the close of a superb meal. This is a culinary dining experience. This is not dinner out-that would be insulting to the food, the service, the attention to detail of this establishment. I have eaten in Italy and this is the closest place I have found in the US to the whole thought process behind Italian dining...an experience not a meal. People are not mis-representing it when they say this is the BEST Tiramisu...its outrageously good! The veal chop was perfection, the handmade ravioli with fresh spinach stuffing..and their appetizer...crudo & burrata...fresh prosciutto and burratta cheese on a bed of the freshest argula and baby tomatos will make you want to lick the plate! It is so traditional Italian and they do it so amazingly well at this place. We watched them serve the table next to us their traditional Branzino fish and they filleted it tableside with two SPOONS...it was amazing...I felt like I was back in Rome.
Want Italian...do not go anywhere else and if you visit Ft. Lauderdale put this on your "must eat here list". It is THAT GOOD...and the owners do actually come to your table and ask in Italian if you like your dinner...and if you don't know Italian they then ask in Engligh (I happen to know Italian...which makes eating here even more fun because half the patrons are talking in Italian...that's how you know it is THAT GOOD!)
PASTO SENSAZIONALE!!!!!!!

Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Step into Italy for a few hours!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My first experience was so welcoming... I walked in and felt like I was in Italy! The staff was warm and accommodating. The atmosphere was cozy and had a family feel. The food was absolutely delightful!!! It was like eating dinner with Family...This is more than an Italian restaurant...It's an experience you will talking about to all your friends!! Thank you to all the amazing staff for all your service. See you soon.

Visited June 2013