“Mighty Tasty Authentic Italian Food”
Review of La Dolce Vita

La Dolce Vita
Ranked #5 of 1,331 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to La Dolce Vita. Located in the center of Fort Lauderdale's historic shopping and arts district, La Dolce Vita serves up Fort Lauderdale's finest Italian fare with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At La Dolce Vita, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use frozen ingredients, our home made pasta make us unique in every dish we prepare at La Dolce Vita. We serve only the finest meats and seafood, freshest vegetables, and breads that are baked fresh daily. Our delicious menu and attention to detail create a truly enjoyable dining experience.
Palm Beach, FL
“Mighty Tasty Authentic Italian Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This family owned restaurant hails from the Abruzzi Region of Italy where they also have another restaurant. Be prepared for a warm friendly welcome and a pleasant atmosphere. The restaurant is small (seats about 40-45) be sure to make reservations during Florida’s tourist season. They import wine from near their grandfathers farm in Abruzzi be sure to try a bottle of ‘Gran Sasso Montepulciano d Abruzzo’. For appetizers my friend and I shared the Polenta al tartufo grilled polenta with black truffle cream sauce, wild mushrooms, and parmesan cheese. It was rich velvety and sumptuous. I would come back just for a glass of wine and the polenta appetizer. We followed with fresh homemade pasta with seafood – the sauce was light, and tasted of the sea with the seafood cooked to perfection. We tried the chocolate soufflé which was not heated through and a little disappointing but we’d come back again and again if we lived nearby. The restaurant is quite noisy so if you want a quite evening - try a table outside.

• Visited July 2012

South Salem, NY
“Dissapointing Experience”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This restaurant came very highly recommended to my husband and I, and we were thrilled to go to another great find in Lauderdale by the Sea. As you will read, we were quite disappointed. The restaurant is found on a lovely oasis of a street right off of A1A, and the atmosphere in the restaurant is sophisticated yet cozy and welcoming. Service is extremely attentive, and quite frankly by the end of the evening, became downright cloying and annoying. We were constantly asked by almost everyone who worked in the place how everything was. Enough already. The menu is small and not very varied. We started with the polenta and mushroom appetizer. It came swimming in cream, with truffle oil, and suffered from a severe lack of seasoning. To be honest, I wanted to use salt, but the staff was staring at our table, and I thought I might be handcuffed, so I didn't.... big mistake. My husband ordered one of the three veal chop entrees, served with a parmeason crust, the meat was delicious, but the crust was oily and extremely heavy. My dish was a fish special for the evening, a corvina stuffed with sun dried tomatoes on a bed of very uninspired roast potatoes. Totally and completely forgettable. Both dishes suffered from a lack of presentation, and color in namely some sort of vegetable. Veggies, were ala carte, and I totally hate that at any restaurant, BIG RIPOFF. They should be on the plate for a complete flavor profile. At the end of the meal, they presented us with a lovely on the house dessert. I hate to complain about a freebe, but it was also not very good. A vanilla mousse with very little if any vanilla flavor, with a berry compote. A note to the chef.... there is a kitchen tool called a chinois. Serving a berry compote full of seeds does not make it in my book. Take out the chinois and use it. The seeds in the berries further ruined the vanilla-less mousse. Well, at least we tried a new place. I would not go back, nor recommend it, but at least I didnt walk out starving needing a Kilwins fix.

• Visited June 2012
Nanaimo, Canada
“Must return to FL just to eat there again!”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

It was quite by chance that we found the Italian restaurant - La Dolce Vita and even happier that we stopped for dinner. My husband and I enjoyed every dish we ordered and have every intention of returning with bigger appetites next time. Truly authentic Italian food, hard to find these days! And the service was impeccable! Thank you guys!

Visited April 2012
Oslo, Norway
“Almost perfect”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I had the salmon, which was a bit more than the medium done i ordered. The steak also suffered the same. However, the service, the vegetables, the seasoning was very good. Especially the service from our friendly, and very accommodating italian waiter.

Menu varied between 20 - 30$ with both fish and meat.

Yet, have to comment the neighbor table where they wanted to make their own dish not on menu, and left when the chef not was able to accommodate they`re wish. This was after they had sat down, had the water served and taken time to browse the menu. The waiter was polite and gave them time, and still they tried to escape without even speaking to the waiter. If there was a way to rate costumers, these three would not have been able do dine the coming few years. Rude! (sounds like I`m in the business, but - trust me, I`m a Norwegian on vacation).

Would give this place a chance, and looked as many locals did that march evening. Recommended!!

• Visited March 2012
Fort Lauderdale
“Magnificent! Even caters to private parties”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I have been to this restaurant ever since it opened its doors....AMAZING food each and every time....that is why this time I wanted to have my bridal shower there! They have out-done themselves again!! The service and smiling faces were welcoming. The food MAGNIFICENT! Appetizers and 4 course meal....Vegetable lasagne...Chicken Marsala....real authentic Italian cuisine! If you are looking for an evening of great food and atmosphere, this is your place! As a local, I will continue to dine at La Dolce Vita!! Great job guys...and thank you for making my bridal shower extra special :)

• Visited March 2012