“Been going here for years...”

GG's of New York Italian Restaurant & Pizza
Ranked #233 of 1,340 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I've been going to GG's for years. While I've never been a fan of the spaghetti, I love their meat ravioli parm dish. The iced tea is delicious, and the salad really good. The bread however is one of the main things that draws me back. It is the best bread and butter I've had anywhere. A-mazing.

The service is good, but there can be a wait for seating during peak times.

There are newer reviews for GG's of New York Italian Restaurant & Pizza

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Wow, we were so surprised with this little place. You walk into a quaint restaurant with the checkered plastic table cloths and to be honest you don't expect much. The staff are so quick and helpful and work very well as a team; if your waitress is busy and another sees your out of water she is there in no time. The food was fresh and delicious. If they try to sell you their dinner buns and you like garlic (you must like garlic), then you have to get these as they are awesome. We had 3 excellent meals, wine, beer, and chocolate milk and our bill with tip was under $60. Keep up the good work G G's you made part of our stay in Ft. Lauderdale something we won't forget.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

It had been some years since I ate here, and I don't think I will go back.
GG's has truly gone downhill. It could use a facelift, really very tired looking.

I recall that the food used to be good but now it is very mediocre. Iceberg lettuce , onions, cucumber salad. Lasagne that tasted no better than Golden Corral.

Clientel seems to be very "senior", and the food reflects that in it's blandness.
Maybe this would be considered "good" in a Nursing home?

The service was friendly and the waitress did a good job. We did use a coupon
and they accepted it, so they do get points for that. I notice they have a LOT of coupons,
in local magazines, flyers, restaurant.com. My guess is that anyone paying full price would really complain, but the "deals" make the bland food easier to accept

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We tried this restaurant by purchasing a Restaurant.Com discount coupon. seemed like a bargain at $4 for $25 worth of food, but you had to spend $50 minimum. I gave it to my mother to use for lunch (with her friends) and they told her it was only good for dinner (a little embarrassing-very small print). I decided to take my wife & kids tonight and my daughter and her kids for a total of 8. When we got there the A/C was not really working (had a unit shut down)..maybe saving money? When we told the server it was quite warm the A/C was turned on. We realized after looking around that this restaurant was a senior haven. No families..just a lot of walkers and then a lady sat down at the next table with an oxygen tank..wow. We were quite surprised by the extremely high prices on the menu..then we were given the early bird copy..still pretty high. I gave the server "Lisa" our printout as instructed & she said to "hold it until later". We do give her 5 stars for her service...bus boys were quite attentive to drinks and clearing the table. My son's Chicken Francais was sent back as it was like rubber (could hardly cut it), child's pasta was suppose to come with a meatball, but it came out as Alfredo with no meatball (upgraded the price), charged my wife for salad that never made it to the table, server said the entrees came with soup or salad..bill reflected an upgrade on all of the salads, Chicken Parm was just average..too much breading, the finale was when we questioned the up charges..."Jeremiah" not a manager according to our server Lisa told my wife that the bill was wrong and he was going to have to look at it again..more small print as some of the entrees were excluded from the discount coupon (we thought he was going to raise the price of the check)..he returned and handed the bill to my wife and said.."just pay this amount!"..No apologies..just walked away and began talking about us with the other servers all of them were looking at our table from behind the register..(WE WERE ONLY 6 FT AWAY!)..Lisa (our server) was totally embarrassed and apologized for his behavior. Very unprofessional way to treat customers...probably why he's not a manager. Stay away from this old and tired overpriced restaurant.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

A coworker and I were travelling on business, and G & G was recommended to us. I was a little hesitant, but it was delicious! They serve very classic Italian dishes. We both enjoyed our meals tremendously, so much that we came back the very next night! The selection is wonderful, the food very tasty, and the service welcoming and friendly. Service was also prompt, and you can do carry out if you prefer. The prices are good, there were no negatives to our visits!