“Real people, running a class act business!”
Review of Aloha Watersports

Aloha Watersports
Fredericksburg, Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Real people, running a class act business!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I went here with my 11 year old daughter back in May to parasail. We walked down the beach from the Ritz Carlton. It was quite a hike, further than I expected but mainly because we couldn't walk the normal path. There was a concert playing that along with the massives crowds and roped off areas, took up a lot of real estate along the boardwalk/beach area. When we got their we were greeted by Wayne (owner) and a few of his employees. They were incredibly friendly. Wayne really made sure my daughter felt comfortable and got her even more excited for the ride. He even gave her a strap for her prescription glasses so she wouldn't lose them and could see to really enjoy the views from up there. We went out on the boat with to gentleman who were very friendly and talkative too. They also, went out of their way to make my daughter comfortable and make sure she was excited. They checked and double checked all the lines, so I felt very safe. We really enjoyed the experience. It was nice to take it the water, beach and even the concert crowd from up so high. When we got back to the booth Wayne asked where we were staying. He asked how we were getting back. When I told him we planned to walk he insisted to drive us back down. He and his son, just a few years younger than my daughter, drove us back which
was so incredibly kind.
I had also purchased the photo disc and their were tons of images! I really felt like I got my money's worth.
I'm very surprised by the negative reviewers here. My experience at Aloha was a class act. If ever in Ft. Lauderdale again, I will definitely seek out this company.

Visited May 2013

“Would Never Ever buy this again with this place.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I get the weather issues in summer but, I've been trying to use this groupon with this place for over a month easily. They keep saying its weather and on 2 tries I give them the weather card but on at least 2 other attempts Ive made they said the water was too choppy or called the weather card when it was a small grey cloud. I'm a lifeguard and know about calling it unsafe for weather but this is rediculous. The one time they called it for a grey cloud I went to Hollywood beach and they had their parasail up and running. I can go on with at least a months worth of garbage from them but I'm not wasting my time. They are not worth it.

Visited August 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor customer service.”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to go parasailing because we got a great deal. However, when I got on the boat, I got extremely sea sick and couldn't stop throwing up. We asked them to take us back to shore and so they did. As I laid on the beach trying to recover, my boyfriend went to talk to the manger for a refund and he refused. The manger stated that we "wasted their fuel and time." I'm very disappointed with their customer service and we will never return to Aloha Water Sports again. We paid over $130 for a "boat-coaster ride."

Visited July 2013
Margate, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Parasailing”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Very dishonest business. They don't tell you until the day you arrive to let you know they are going to up charge you and force you to pay a ridiculous gratuity. If you buy a 7-10 minute flight, they will be sure to take you out of the sky at 6:59. If you can tolerate the above, you should still have an enjoyable experience with the actual parasailing as i did.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank FloridaNative36
Westerly,RI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“jet skiing was great!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

wayne/owner/safety first/no bs/very prof operation/had a blast with my 16 yr old!
sea's were rough but my daughter had the time of her life! can't say enough how safety conscience they are
my 16 yr old had to take her safety/boating course,done right there!

Visited May 2013