“Beautiful hotel”

The Pillars Hotel Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #2 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night and I really liked it. The location was very good, it's not situated on a busy street and yet it's not far from the big boulevard.
The clerk was very friendly, while waiting for check-in he offered us to beverages.
After the check-in someone took us for a small tour showing us the pool and our room.
We left our luggages behind at the reception.
The tour took five minutes. Our room was on the first floor (room 107, if I recall correctly) which had a nice view of the pool.
Our room was spacious, it did had a small bathroom. But that didn’t really bother us.

The guy then left the room and brought us our luggage. That’s really a nice service and I did appreciate that.
I slept in three hotels during my Miami trip and The Pillars Hotel was the only one who brought me my luggage.

I often forget to bring my own shower gel to the hotels, but I dislike using those from the hotels , so I was pleasantly surprised
when spotting the Molton Brown toiletries.

We did not stay for dinner nor did we had breakfast. I might do that the next time.
Although I must say, as the price of the room is not really cheap, I would appreciate a complimentary breakfast.
The other two hotels were a little cheaper and a very nice breakfast was included.

We did appreciate the free WIFI and that we were able to park our car.
My general impression is very ok, as I said, it would be nice if breakfast was included.
I’d like to come back next time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,064)

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Wonderful one night stay for our 25th anniversary prior to a cruise. We had the most amazing suite along the intercoastal...everything looked brand new living room area had a sofa chairs and coffee table and flat screen tv this corner unit had views of pool and intercoastal..beautiful plantation shutters expresso coffee/minibar luxury linens whirlpool bathtub with great bath essentials the whole room smelled of vanilla n lavender morning newspaper comfy lounge chairs by pool with complimentary chilled water with fruit slices..breakfast was excellent in the restaurant..truly a 10 wish we stayed longer..peaceful relaxing stay

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Leopards00
Reviewed April 21, 2013

A block off the beach, but right on the bay. We would suggest a room on the second floor that surrounds the pool. Turn down service nightly and a newspaper daily was a nice addition. We loved the pool and the private water taxi stop that was at the hotel. The staff was extremely helpful and professional. It was nice that it is a small hotel and your needs are catered to. The patio with a table was a nice place to have a snack. The only downside was neighbors who were smoking at their table. We didn't eat at the restaurant, but it had a varied menu. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: A second floor room with a patio facing the pool.
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Really liked the hotel, a mix between a business hotel and something more boutique, with business standard bedrooms, morning newspapers, comfortable sun loungers and a help-your-self lemon water during the day. There's a restaurant on the small hotel dock, which was good and with great service, but I can imagine that the experience for hotel guests would be much improved if they moved it off to the side to allow for evening dock access. The restaurant was rather empty and we asked if they would consider setting up a lounge area in the quiet bit but it was a no go. I guess it's two different companies. Still a very nice place.

2  Thank SituationNormal
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We spent one night here while waiting for a connecting flight, and were very impressed by the service, comfort and elegance of this small hotel. Our room was on the main floor, directly off the street, but with a beautiful private patio which really enhanced our stay. Rooms are small, and our bathroom was tiny, but the decor and comfort manage to still make you feel pampered. A member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World group, you can get a free room upgrade if you book online. We ate in the restaurant and the food was fabulous. Book early for a table by the water to watch the sunset.

1  Thank CalgaryGoose
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Very good hotel but unfortunatly we got a room located close to the reception. Not good as we could hear the concierge during the night and the room was close to kitchen door. The room was nice but we got disturb by noice from reception

Room Tip: Book a balcony or poolside
1  Thank LMA_11
Reviewed April 10, 2013

excellent stay at this hotel with kind and efficient welcome from the staff over there, excellent room ( we were upgraded to a suite upon arrival to our surprise) with superb view on swimming pool and river , the meals served were excellent ( and we are french so !!! ) ) we had a great time overthere and we 'll visit again , for sure.

Room Tip: they are all great