“Perfect for a Family Relocation...With a Dog!”

Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way
Ranked #74 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband was recently transferred to Fort Lauderdale, and I was skeptical about choosing a place to live and schools for our kids. We decided to give ourselves a month to get settled, and chose this Extended Stay Deluxe as a "home base." GREAT choice for a great price!

It is very quiet and the staff is extremely friendly. The pool is nice and clean. The laundry room has three washers and four dryers, which is very convenient for our situation. Wifi is FREE in the rooms, and it's a very good and fast connection. The kitchen is sufficient...the fridge is full-size, and the oven/stove is apartment size. Our room only had dishware and silverware for two, but a quick trip to the Dollar Tree remedied that. I also picked up a broom and dustpan, because the wood and tile floors in the entry, kitchen, and bathroom get dirty quickly with a dog and kids. :) Housekeeping comes once in the middle of a week-long stay, but don't expect a thorough, fresh-as-new, room. Our toilet and tub did not get cleaned, so I bought Clorox wipes and did it myself.

There do seem to be some "sketchy" characters that stay here for less-than-family-friendly reasons, but the layout of the hotel allows us to turn a blind eye and keep our kids in sight at all times. It's not scary, just odd.

We only booked eight days here to start, just in case I didn't find it up to par, but will be booking fourteen more days until our apartment is available. Overall, a very good experience!

Room Tip: If traveling with a pet, request an end room. Easy access to the stairs and right out the door. As...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank danilay
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

First I would like to welcome you and your family to Fort Lauderdale! We are glad that you decided to stay with us while you are waiting to find the right permanent home for you and your family. I know how stressful a relocation can be and I hope that we made the transfer to the area a little less hectic. While you stay with us, or even after you leave us, if you ever need anything or have questions about the new surroundings, please reach out to us. We are always here to help! Congratulations and good luck in your future home!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel is awesome, great clean rooms and awesome staff. Great location and 2nd stay for business within 2 weeks. Would recommend to anyone. Full kitchen, work space and comfortable bed. Close proximity to good restuarants, quiet, free wifi and parking.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Thank you taking the time to write such positive comments regarding your past two stays with us at ESD Cypress Creek 6th way! I am glad that the value of our full kitchens and FREE WI-FI made your stay more enjoyable. We hope to see you again anytime that you are in the Fort Lauderdale area whether it be for business or pleasure.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed here for a week and a half with a friend who was recovering from surgery, and we felt like we really lucked out in choosing this hotel! Having a kitchen gave us the freedom of being able to make whatever we wanted whenever we wanted, and the recliner was a great help to my friend who was bedridden for a few days. The decor was pleasant, and the layout of the room meant we never felt crowded, even though we spent a whole week inside.

The free internet was very slow sometimes, though you could upgrade to a faster one, but the manager mentioned that they are in the process of upgrading the whole system, so hopefully that won't be an issue soon. Everyone who worked there was very helpful, and Jeans at the front desk especially seemed to genuinely care that we were having a good stay. The experience was excellent, especially for the price!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

I am glad to hear that your stay with us was such a great experience. I will be sure to share your comments to our entire team including Jeans and let her know that we appreciate them for making you feel like our hotel is the "home away from home." We hope to see you soon in the Fort Lauderdale area!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

this is a very nice hotel ,. it has flat panel big tv's, nice chairs that roll ,bar type tales ,. full apartment style living ,. it has nice staff ,.. full kitchens , and can you believe it ? dishwashers ,. full laundrry there ,. trade towels in when you like or pool towels ,. oh man nice pool,. next door is place for cigs for 550 with tax included ,. mile from walmart and soo much ,. its just great living ,.,. gotta give it a chance and get great deal in the off season., not bad in season but it comes with everything ,., if i had to complain any it would be no jacuzzi ,., but use huge stainless steel gas grill any time you like and i never saw it out of gas ,. ,. thats my report and i would call it like it is all the time ,., i travel alot for business and ill tell ya whats right ,. this one is what you want for comfort ,.

Room Tip: they are all good,., they all just got big flat panel tvs that rotate ,. dishwashers all that ,. i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay here at Extended Stay Deluxe Cypress Creek 6th Way. I will be sure to share you great comments with all of our team members. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2012

IEverytime I stay in fortlauderdale this is where I stay.This is a home away from home for me.

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

"I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek .

Reviewed April 3, 2012

I stayed here a few times in 2007, 2008 & 2009 while attending training at a nearby ITSM Academy.

The main reason for my stay here was that it was a 5 minute walk to my training, which I paid for myself.

Don't expect a full service hotel with a concierge etc., please be realistic.

You get a clean apartment style room, kitchenette and small couch/table dining area. Room is cleaned daily.

Gym - small but never crowded

Complimentary fruits, bagels, cereal, pastries at breakfast time.

Vending machine on site for quick snacks and some microwavable soups etc..

Across the road, there are is a small strip mall with lots of fast food options. Pizza, McDonalds, Chinese, TGIs and a Benningon which I think may now be closed.

Pizza and a few other restaurants deliver to the hotel.

Front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful, they have toothpaste, shaver and other toiletries in case you forget to bring.

I don't know what other people are complaining about. For $35-$50 a night what do you expect?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank WestIndian4ever

"It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

I went to this hotel for the first time and I fell in love, Honestly I felt as if I was home away from home.It was clean and everything that you need was there.The suite is where I stayed in room 311 was clean and awesome.I would recommend this hotel to everyone and the staff was warm and friendly, As you know I"ve stayed another hotel twice in that area but this one tops it and you get what your money is paying for.I will return.The room had bedroom with king bed and a kitchen if you need to cook.also a let out bed from the couch and 2 televisons in each area.

Room Tip: well the suite 311 is near elevator but It did not bother me because overall the building was quiet...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Andrews Ave.
Extended Stay America - Fort Lau...
#94 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - Park North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#96 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95 Inn
Best Western Ft. Lauderdale I-95...
#64 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Extended Stay America - Ft. Laud...
#75 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
1 mi away
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#104 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way

Address: 6001 NW 6th Way, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309-6153 (Formerly Extended Stay Deluxe)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Ranked #74 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range: $104 - $211 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Cypress Creek - NW 6th Way reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stay Deluxe Fort Lauderdale-Cypress Creek Hotel Fort Lauderdale