Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$94
$141
$128
$167
$140
$129
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$116
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$186
Hotels.com
$169
$179
  • Pool
All reviewsale housefederal highwayfree breakfastyogurtcruise terminalpool areanice poolfree shuttlepre cruiseport evergladescoffee makertikilauderdaleftfllpublixflorida
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 4, 2007

Needed to find a hotel for one night only as the hotel I always stay at had no availability for my first night in FLL. I thought,lets play it safe with the Best Western brand.

I had problems with credit card charges on arrival because of problems arising from an Internet booking. The hotel front desk though not rude, didn't want to address my question and to help. I felt blown off, and I hate wasting time being told come in the morning or speak with someone else. Only after going to my room and calling BW directly did i get answers. The customer service agent was great and actually phoned the front desk while on the line with me from my room. Situation solved... from a duplicate booking and a credit card flag because of the hotel property policy of also authorizing 100 for incidentals. Like I said staff not rude but indifferent.

Property is clean and pool area is well kept, but the hotel is dated. Guest demographic was all ages. Tiki pool bartender in the evening..lady...gave good service. Room was clean and maintained. Check in seemed odd at 4pm arrival 11 am out.

Nothing special....but fine for a night....not a week. Paid $129 for 1 night / Sun.

Stayed: March 2007
4  Thank rayraycanuck
Reviewed February 25, 2007

We have 3 kids ages 8, 9 and 12. When I booked this hotel for 1 night following a cruise, I was told kids "stay and eat free". I also had requested a rollaway cot if avail for my youngest child. When we arrived at the hotel, we were told, they had no non-smoking rooms avail( although that's what we had reserved) and they also had no rollaway cots...BUT they charged us 20.00 nontheless for our 3rd child in the room. No cot, but charged anyway! Our son had to sleep on the floor and management cared less. They were very rude to us and our kids, closing the pool early (6:00) when my kids had just gotten in. The nastiness continued throughout our one night stay and during breakfast the next day(women staffing the breakfast room, would not even answer a question...just walked away..). If we hadn't paid a nonrefundable deposit I would have left. The building is also a old 60's style hotel, with a new coat of paint. Rather dingy and on a very busy noisy street. I think if you like dirty hotels with employees who have bad attitudes you might like this place. All others should stay CLEAR :(

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank coachgrrl
Reviewed December 20, 2006

The location is fine for those with vehicles but a little out of town. It's probably around 15 minutes walk from the beach, but this section of the beach is in a residential rather than resort area. The rooms are adequate. The pool area is small but does the job nicely. There is a small fitness room which is Ok (don't expect a full gym). We found the reception staff helpful which is not always the case according to other reviews. The (free) breakfast was reasonable (cereals, toast, bagels and the option for biscuits or waffles). There isn't much in terms of places in the immediate area, although we loved the Florida Ale House (5 min walk away - good beer and large portions of well cooked food). In addition, we managed to do a lot of Christmas shopping at ToysRus which is only a minute or two by car. Overall, pretty satisfactory - will return next year

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
6  Thank SteveHWokingham
Reviewed November 1, 2006

We stayed here 3 nights in october (5-8). And it's great value for the money. We paid $70/night. And that is a great reat for Ft. Lauderdale with this standard. I doubt that the $150 beach places is this good.

Our room was very clean and nice. And done everyday. The staff in the reception (some) and breakfast are was so and so. They never said good morning etc. But I can live with that. The parking and breakfast is free. And you will get a free drink in the tiki bar. The pool area is nice and clean and so is the property.

There is many restaurants nerby and the beach is very close. The location is perfect, close to all major roads + I-95. The pictures on the homepage don't show the standard room. But there is no big difference. I asked the maid to see a "business" room, so don't waste your money in that.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Pizzakungen
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 1, 2006

The location is pretty nice for weather and fishing in Fort Lauderdale. I am not impressed with the city much beyond that. Fishing for me and my friend was pretty good, but looking for nightlife was scarce. Downtown had maybe two clubs that were not worth going to, and the casino nearby in Hollywood was mediocre at most. Downtown is all Shops and Restaurants. We went the end of April, pretty good for fishing and seeing the local folk. Restaurants range from Mcdonalds and Subway, to a very few mid-range places like Red Lobster and the Lone Star Steakhouse, to the fancier restaurants downtown similar to South Beach. They are on Los Alos blvd, ave, whatever. Find a good route from hwy 1 to the florida turnpike or you may be lost for a good while. Traveling up and down hwy 1 has very few restaurants and many dingy looking motels along the way. That's just from the airport and back from the hotel. That reminds me, the airport has small concourses with little amusement, and no smoking at all inside after the security checkpoint. That's the nice areas, anywhere we took the rental car to the West off Hwy 1, I felt we were in the ghetto. Not to mention the maze of roads besides. The beach illuded us because many times it was a maze of roads to get there. And the city seems pretty run-down overall. Anyway, I don't see why anyone would go to Fort Lauderdale for a vacation or even Spring Break unless they had to. The hotel was pretty good, sometime weak A/C, and the tiki bar closed 9pm weekdays, and the bartender was pretty depressing and scratching off lotto tickets. That's about it. Little Havanna looks pretty nice 'bout now.