The first thing to know about this hotel is that it is a good few miles from the beach and amenities of Fort Lauderdale; at the junction of two 6 lane highways. The rooms are quite large and comfortable. Rooms safe is accessed by key; we heard complaints of pilfering from the safes but did not experience any of this ourselves.
On registering Best Western takes $100 on your credit card. Given the number of rooms they own it makes you wonder how much they make on this charge per annum.
Small swimming pool available; we did not use it.
Very good laundry facilities.
The hotel boasts of a complimentary breakfast which was reasonably edible; however if there is no such thing as a free lunch there is certainly no such thing as a complimentary breakfast.
Very little to do at night; there is a small bar at the hotel but the beers are expensive and not very good. Only one diner close by; good if you like sport blaring out from 10 screens but excellent value for money.
Shopping centre close by but you take your life in your hands if you cross the highways.
Maybe ok if you are overnighting for business or the airport or a cruise. Not really suitable for a holiday.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick and TripOnline SA so you can book your Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Oakland Park Hotel Fort Lauderdale
- Best Western Oakland Park
- Best Western Fort Lauderdale
- Oakland Park Best Western