“Cheap and cheerful”

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park
Ranked #71 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The hotel is situated at the north end of the city and is not convenient for the beach, Port Everglades, the airport or shops without a car. The room was clean but there were several minor problems, the AC control was a little difficult to adjust, the shower control was stiff and the bathroom door handle didn't always open the door. The room had a fridge and microwave as well as the usual coffee maker. The TV had about 20 channels available. There is a soda vending machine and free ice maker on each floor. The pool was clean and plenty of room around it with both open and shaded areas. There is a pool side bar but as we didn't use it, I don't know how that rates. Breakfast was reasonable, cereal, waffles, fruit, yogurt, egg and sausage with a variety of muffins and bread. Fruit juice, milk, tea and coffee were available. The hotel runs a free shuttle service to and from Port Everglades and the airport from 6am until 11pm. There is a fitness centre and a business centre with computer, fax and printer (card access available from the reception 24/7). We stayed 3 nights and every evening when we got back the room had been cleaned and the beds made.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil I

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is probably the best kept secret in Ft. Lauderdale. The service is amazing, the rooms are fantasitic and the pool/cabana area is out of this world. The bar is a tiki hut out by the pool and is enclosed for the utmost privacy. The staff go way beyond the call of duty to provide you with anything you need. To give you a example of this, I asked for a mat for the tub as I am always concerned about slipping when I shower. The room maid said they didn't have any. She went to the front desk and they sent her out to a store to buy one and it was in my tub before I finished dinner, Now thats service. In conclusion I just can't say enough about this hotel. I know I will stay again.

Room Tip: definately ask for a room pool side, ground floor if possible.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank gregory5220
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed 2 nights for a softball tournament. It was probably built in the 50's. Reminded me of something out of an Annette Funicello movie. Nice rooms, very clean. My only complaint would be the AC was not cold enough. Tiki bar was a plus!

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My family and I stayed at this moldy smell motel. The worst stay ever, staff was rude, rooms were small and just not an enjoyable stay, Will never go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank littlejamaica
BWOPI, Manager at Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

We thank you for choosing BEST WESTERN Plus Oakland Park Inn. I do apologize that we did not meet your expectations and you did not enjoy your stay with us. The basis of your argument does not seem to have merit or fact in it, nevertheless, all of our staff are "I care" certified and very hospitable. If you look at all the other comments before this one, it clearly shows our service is second to none. Hopefully you will change your mind and try us our again!

Reviewed July 13, 2012

This hotel was perfect for my needs and it met all of them. It's a simple inn that nonetheless gives the guest quite excellent value. The room was spacious, clean and had a refrigerator. The pool area was well maintained and pleasant. Breakfast was well presented and copious. The staff was friendly and competent. Best of all was the $5 airport shuttle--quite a bargain--driven by the extremely friendly Maria. The price is certainly reasonable, too. The neighborhood will keep one occupied. There is a Publix, Target, Home Goods and TJ Maxx nearby and the border of trendy Wilton Manors is less than 10 minutes by foot. Good eats are found a few blocks down Oakland Blvd. at Cafe Seville. I was thoroughly satisfied with this adorable little hotel and I recommend it without hesitation.

Room Tip: If you are planning to use the shuttle service you need to call the front desk telephone number when...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank pnyc1969
Reviewed July 8, 2012

I have stayed Here 5 times in 9 yrs,, an Every time It Just Gets Better.
The Staff is All way's Friendly an Helpful,
The Grounds are Clean,The Price is Really Reasonable, The Pool was Great, The Room Was Excellent, The Beds Were Amazing, The Continental Breakfast was More than What I expected,. It's Secure an Quiet,,and Close to Everything,, I Recommend This Hotel To Everyone.

Room Tip: I have stayed in Different room's throughout The Hotel,, and No complaints from Me,, Any Room Ha...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Larry M
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The pictures are very 'what you see is what you get'. My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 days, and the only 'problem' that we joke about is how friendly the staff were (calling to give an initial check up or housekeeping when we'd much rather stay in and sleep/ were 'busy'). We checked in no problem, got vouchers for complimentary drinks at the bar, went to the room and found it to be so nice. Anyone who has a bad experience here, I'm sorry but it's got to be a personal thing. The bed we wanted to take with us--it's very lush, very cozy, and big. A big mirror took up the wall next to my bed, which I thought was a very nice touch. The room had your average necessities, a chair to relax in, a stool to sit things upon, a desk, a TV, fridge, nice closet space, and the bathroom was nice. Detachable shower head. Don't see that in most 'average' places.

We had a great time, plenty of privacy over all, and with us being comfortable walking, finding food wasn't hard. Just down the street was a breakfast joint, a polynesian dance/buffet place called 'Mai Kai', and even an Ale house (bar). There isn't much to 'see' as far as sights go, but we were easily in reach of a plaza to shop for things we needed (Target, TJ Maxx, Mall, etc) and the AMC movie theatre. c:

Workers were nice and we had no problems. Still dreaming about that bed. If you're not uptight about hotels and appreciate decent and clean ones, you'll be very happy with this place. I think it's perfect for Solo or couples mostly, but I saw all types of hotel stayers there.

Can't comment on the breakfast, since we were never up early enough to bother. I'd recommend the original pancake house instead of worrying about a hotel breakfast.
Also weren't at the Spa. Worth the price.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple