I used to live across the road from this hotel and I watched it being built. Plus I was one of the very first people to stay at it back in the mid-90s when it first opened. Since then I think it's been painted twice and they've replaced the carpets at least once. They've also replaced the TVs with LG flat screens.
I used to stay here a lot, mainly because it was the first hotel I can remember that had broadband. Then for some bizarre reason they got rid of it around 1999 and then around 2000 they put in a wireless connection that runs at 512 kbits/s (half a megabit for those of you too young to remember) - and they've still got it! If you want to pay you can get two megabits, oooooh.
The hotel is starting to show its age now, but it's reasonably priced and it's near the beach and the shops. If you stay nearer the beach you're going to be paying a lot more (except at the Yankee Clipper which is frankly a dump) and if you want to stay in a newer hotel you will be nowhere near the beach (e.g. the Crowne Plaza).
One thing I did notice is that they need to invest in some new linen, the stuff in my room smelled of sweat even though it was clean and being an Extended Stay America they only change it once a week.
It's a better deal than the Holiday Inn Express opposite because it has a kitchen, but don't delude yourself into thinking you'll be in the lap of luxury.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel
- Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale
- Extended Stay Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Extended Stay