“Great Stay, Convenient Location”

Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Ranked #71 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 9, 2009

This hotel provides comfort and a central location whether you're traveling for business (as I did) or are in town for fun or layover.

Front desk staff was very hospitable during check-in and at other times when I needed assistance with directions and a cab during checkout. I arrived at 10:00 am, and although I could have been turned away until afternoon check-in, a room was ready, and I could escape the outdoor heat.

I've become spoiled and accustomed to accessing an in-room refrigerator and microwave, which Extended Stay always makes available.

At first I thought that other reviews about the bed (queen sized in my room) were correct regarding extra firmness, but I think my discomfort came from all the walking I did the first day. On the second night, I was much more comfortable.

The hotel is surrounded by shops selling bagels, pizza, and sandwiches as well as a Publix market and other eat-in and take-out eateries in a strip mall that's in walking distance (put on your walking shoes, because it will take about 10 minutes to get there). This is another reason why the room's kitchen is convenient.

Speaking of Publix, bring their prepared food of lemon chicken with side orders of mac & cheese and collard greens back to your room. Fantastic.

I found no bugs or in-room problems that could have been addressed during my four-day stay. One thing that may jar you is loud talking by other guests in the hallways and door closures from other rooms that seem overly loud. Both made me jump at times, and being from NYC, not much bothers me.

The #40 bus stops on the hotel's block ($1.25 per ride or a $3.00 all-day pass at this writing) and also across the street. Banks are very close, and so is Ross for Less, Office Depot, and Walgreens. Also, make sure you bring an umbrella if you're walking; that Fort Lauderdale sun is torture, and rain showers occur without warning.

The group that booked me at this hotel had a choice of putting me in Embassy Suites or the Renaissance, which are both in walking distance from Extended Stay. I'm glad they choose this facility.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
4  Thank Pepper1028
There are newer reviews for Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Reviewed January 27, 2009

We stay 2 nights pre cruise. Rooms very clean and staff was friendly. Booked online with a special and the rates were almost 1/2 of neighboring hotels. With that said it is a "no frills" hotel. Great location close to Pt. Everglades. A couple of restaurants close by. The water taxi and a publix grocery store were within walking distance.
Would stay there again.

Stayed: January 2009
3  Thank snowtosea
Reviewed March 5, 2008

My husband and I along with another couple were looking for a reasonable priced hotel that was close to restaurants, stores, etc. for a one night stay prior to our cruise. We were very happy with the location and condition of this property. Coffee and bagels were right across the street and a grocery and wine store were just a short walk away. Coffe was provided in the lobby in the mornings but they were a bit stingy on the cream and sugar.

Front desk staff was very friendly and even provided a free dessert coupon fro the Italian restaurant next door. (which was very good). Beds were a little hard and appeared smaller than stated as we were in a king room but the bed was much closer to a queen. Overall the room was very basic but most importantly it was very clean. We would certainly stay here again for a pre-cruise night.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lesilek48
Reviewed January 27, 2008

Several neighboring hotels were already booked, and we wanted a location close to Pt. Everglades.

This hotel provided a decent night's stay as our pre-cruise stopover before boarding our cruise ship the next day.

We booked directly at the hotel website for the lowest rate we could find compared to other travel sites.

While the beds are small, and it's a pretty standard hotel, it is very, very close to the Port. You could walk there, but they don't allow it--you must be driven in, so get a taxi and pay $5 or so for the ride of a few minutes.

Convenient location: a popular bagel store is across the street, a Walgreens is down the block (heading toward the Port), while the Publix supermarket and shopping complex is within a ten minute a walk going the other direction toward the Embassy Suites hotel.
Overall a great value for the same type of lodging you'd find elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bikinghiking123
Reviewed December 27, 2007

We stayed at the hotel for one night both before and one night after after our cruise on the Carnival Miracle in December. Excellent shopping within walking distance - the nearby Total Wine store was awesome! The rooms were not fancy, but overall the hotel offered excellent value. We used a $10 off coupon on the hotel's site, bringing the cost of a one night stay to under $100, including taxes. At this price, the othel is definately worth considering.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Dave0764
Reviewed April 10, 2007

The hotel was a pleasant surprise. We were staying for one night pre cruise. The rooms were clean, spacious and had new carpet and bedding. The cost was much less then any of the hotels in the area. The only drawback was there were no amenities. No ice, breakfast, etc. The hotel is located conveniently to shopping, grocery stores, drug stores and restaurants. All within short walking distance. The air conditioning worked well and we had lots of hot water for showers. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
11  Thank phaze06
Reviewed April 7, 2007

We stayed for 1 night precruise at this hotel. I was a little apprehensive because of lack of reviews for this hotel. But I did not have anything to worry about. We were greeted by a very friendly woman who checked us in very quickly. The hotel was going through some renovations/redecorating, but that did not interfere with our stay. Room was large and comfortable, with small kitchen facilities. Bathroom was good size. We were within walking distance to Publix where we bought some last minute items and water for our cruise. Lots of restaurants in area to choose from. We ate at a Thai restaurant that served wonderful food.

After a good nights sleep, we walked to a little diner nearby and had a great breakfast. We asked the desk clerk when we returned if she could get a cab for us. We came down at agreed time, checked out, and cab was waiting outside to take us to the Port. I would recommend staying here...it is no frills, but for one night, I cannot complain. Clean, comfortable stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank mtinga
Travelers also viewed these Fort Lauderdale hotels
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Crui...
#32 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#31 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise Port Inn
Fort Lauderdale Airport / Cruise...
#53 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina
#55 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort Lauderdale 17th Street
Embassy Suites by Hilton Fort La...
#39 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port

Address: 1450 SE 17th Street Cswy, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316-1710 (Formerly Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina)
Location: United States > Florida > Broward County > Fort Lauderdale
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #71 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Price Range: $95 - $294 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port 2.5*
Welcome to Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Airport-Cruiseport, conveniently located within walking distance to the Convention Center, Port Everglades and the Art Institute. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring fully-equipped kitchens and plenty of work space… amenities you won't find in a typical hotel room. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Extended Stay, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extended Stayamerica Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina Hotel