Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“Poor Service”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

Check in on Thursday( Valentine's Day) Check out on Sunday and NOBODY came to the room not even once to clean it. no clean towels, no clean sheets during all those days. I saw a maid on the hallway and ask her if she was gling to come over to my room to clean it, and she said"give me a minute" I'm still waiting....

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank PMTravel13
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. I sincerely apologize our housekeeping services were not completely explained during your check in process. Our standard housekeeping service is completed on a weekly basis, and additional services are available for a nominal fee. In response to your feedback, I am coaching my staff to communicate these services better upon check in. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fls@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2013

We were re-accomodated to this hotel after Expedia messed up our first reservation, and we were sorely disappointed. I know it's a 2.5 star property, we were only staying overnight before we got on a cruise ship, and we paid less than the list price but even so, we were disappointed.

The location is ideal if you're going on a cruise, but in terms of hanging around locally, there's not much. There are a few restaurants (a Carraba's, an Outback Steakhouse, a Chipotle, a local irish pub) and a bit of shopping, but nothing special.

Upon arrival, we waited in the drab lobby for almost five minutes before someone appeared to check us in. After that, check in was super easy. The staff person wasn't unfriendly, but she wasn't particularly pleasant either. We then walked down the dreary looking hallway to the elevator and knew already that this place was the pits.

The room itself was spacious but again- drab and dreary. The beds were ROCK HARD, and the bedding didn't exactly instill great confidence in its cleanliness. There is a small kitchen with a sink, fridge, electric stove, and microwave. The bathroom was spacious, water pressure "eh".

There was no pool or jacuzzi which I thought would be pretty standard in a Florida hotel.

We would not stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Donna C
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am so disappointed our hotel did not meet your standards. Please accept my apology. In response to your feedback, I want to let you know that in the near future we will be adding improvements to our brand and hotel (including new beds). Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at fls@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, and when you do you will find that we meet and exceed your expectations.
Sparta, Tennessee
Reviewed February 18, 2013

There were six of us, 4 adults and 2 children (under 12), and we arrived on a Friday. Our Cruise was the next day on RCL. We booked via hotels.com, and were able to secure two rooms next to each other. Don't expect a 5-star experience. We chose this hotel since it was close to the cruise port and offered shuttle service to and from the port. This hotel is very close (next door and across the street) to shops, restaurants, etc. There us a Carrabbas restaurant next door where we had dinner. I would stay there again and would recommend it for cruisers. I gave a bad restaurant for the hotel itself since it didn't have one.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the street side since it is located on a main thoroughfare.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank William L
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you found our hotel to be in a great location and that you thought we were a good fit for your cruise experience. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a solid two star hotel--like Motel 6,but a bit fancier with a lot more amenities. We, too, were looking for the one nite stay so that we would not miss our cruise departure. We paid $165 and tho I wanted to pay about $120, I used TA to evaluate the lower cost hotels and we had no choice--this was definitely the better value hotel. When one is going on a luxury cruise, we wanted to have a good nite's sleep and ESA fit the bill.

We totally lucked out on the shuttle usage. The airport has one of the most inefficient mandatory pick up circles that forces all shuttles to queue in one line and wait to drive to the head of the line to pick up passengers. There were eight ships in FLL that weekend and I suggested to Princess that the cruise lines fund an industrial engineering study to rework the traffic pattern. Really if they just coped LAX, they would be way ahead.

For ESA, I would like to suggest that they buy a second van to take care of the heavy traffic days. Rough observations tell me that Friday noon to sat noon is simply beyond the capacity of one van.

We could not get on their cruise shuttle Rez list until 0230 pm. The ship left at 0400 pm. Is that cutting it close and kind of stressful. On chek in, we decided to call a taxi on Sat AM when we got our feet on the floor. But when we got to the front desk and checked out, the cruise van was in front of the door. It was full or almost full. The woman driver was a strong mover shaker, I asked her if there was someway we could squeeze in and her eye calculated our one each carryon bag and she said, "If you will ride shotgun, I will take you." Just to deliver our van passengers to each of the eight ships took 45 minutes.

Yes, I would stay at this hotel again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Eileen R, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. It's great to hear that you found our hotel perfect for your cruise experience. I wanted to let know that we have recently added a second shuttle to our hotel in order to give better service to our guests. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.
Guelph
Reviewed February 2, 2013

quick trip via taxi from the airport. There is a mall close by and shopping all around. Resturants, wine store, food stores etc.Great location. Nice room. Then they had a shuttle to the cruise port. It was just wonderful service. Will stay there again. It was a good experience.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelclub007
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for such a wonderful review. I'm glad that you loved our location and found our rooms great. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Good pre-cruise hotel. Free shuttle that you have to book when checking-in. Restaurants close by. Our shuttle driver was funny and informative. Rooms are clean but a little on the small side. Free coffee in the lobby.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank RichChichLet
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you found our staff friendly and our rooms fresh. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Horsham, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 30, 2013

For the price of a standard hotel room you get access to washer/dryers, full kitchen with full size fridge, dishes,silverware,glasses, pots&pans, not to mention grab N Go breakfast and free shuttle service. Ample selection of eatery and shopping choices all within walking distance . Simple, clean, and ample parking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you loved the amenities the hotel offered. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.