Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port
Doubletree.com
$94
$140
$129
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$167
$419
Marriott Hotels
$169
$179
  • Pool
All reviewscruise portinstant oatmealtotal winedollar storeacross the streetshuttle driversmall kitchenwithin walking distancepots and pansfull size fridgefront desk staffstayed here for one nightfree shuttlecoffee makerhotel shuttlestaff was very friendly and helpfulrooms were very clean
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for one night before leaving on a cruise because they offered a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. The shuttle driver was very nice and that service was good and convenient. The hotel is very basic and somewhat run down. The beds were not comfortable and the elevator was so slow I wondered if it would ever move at times. The staff at the front desk were pleasant. The shower was slow and the water was tepid at best, and there was no shampoo. I forgot to ask the front desk if they had any, and was in the shower, so I just used some that I had surprisingly remembered to pack. No major complaints but not sure I would stay here again. It was very close to eating and shopping and that was a plus.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

Given how hard we work to provide our guests with outstanding accommodations, I was troubled to read your remarks about the bed in your suite. Please know how important your comfort is to us. We have chosen bedding that we think best fits our customers' needs, and we continue to look for new ways to satisfy everyone's sleeping preferences. We will use your comments and continue to look at ways to improve our bedding in the future.

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I arrived on a weekday mid-morning and took the complimentary shuttle to the hotel. The front desk staff was very professional and pleasant! I have requested early check-in in advance and was told it will not be guaranteed. When the room is ready, I was a very happy person!!

This is a 2-star rating hotel so don't expect any 'luxury' amenities. I have a Deluxe Queen Room. The room is clean and the bed is a little soft for me. The room area comes with a queen bed, TV, wireless interent, chests, 2 desk tables, 2 end tables, sitting chair, open closet, iron, and ironing board. The kitchen is just about the right size. It comes with 2 pots and pans, bowls/plates/utensils for 2 people, small cutting board, dish towels, and a coffee maker (1 bag of coffee and couple tea bags stored in the refrigerator with sugars). The bathroom could use some update on the fixtures. It comes with towels (thin), 2 bar soaps (hard), and wall-mounted hair dryer. I asked and got some shampoo and dish washing liquid from the front desk.

The hallway does smell a little.

The “grab and go” breakfast includes packaged muffins, fruits, granola bars, and coffee.

Location: Walking distance to the Convention Center, restaurants, and grocery store.

The shuttle only runs to the cruise port on Sunday until 2 PM. This does not affect my shuttle time request.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed one night, leaving for a cruise the next morning. We checked in late and check in was good. The room itself was dirty- the bedspread had no less than 11 cigarette burns- some were 4 and 5 inches long. The smoke smell of the room just about knocked you over when you walked in. The shuttle to the cruise port was good and the driver was very nice. I guess to sum it up the staff was good but did not make up for the rooms. The smell from the sewage treatment plant behind the hotel is not great while waiting outside. I have stayed at at least 10 different hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area and this would be second from the bottom on my list- there are much better hotels in the area, guess thats what we get for booking last minute when nothing else was available.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

I decided to book this hotel because it offered shuttle service between the airport and the hotel, and the hotel to the cruise port. I also chose it because they offered a free breakfast.

Well, the service does not accommodate incoming travelers for shuttle service from the airport from 10am-4pm because it shuttles people elsewhere. Nice. We had to take a $20 cab to get to the hotel. Our room smelled funny, but was clean, for the most part. Breakfast was a joke. They had 2 packaged muffins, a couple of apples and some coffee. I wouldn't even eat that if I was alone, let alone with my whole family.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Find a hotel somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Tim H
Kevin A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

From the time we got out off the shuttle we felt as if we were an imposition on the staff. We were fumbling with the door and our luggage. Lady from the front desk had just been looking though the door and left us there without offering to help. She could have held the door open. Then there were two ladies behind the desk and they seemed put out at having to deal with us. Night shift clerk was nice enough. The room was dirty. The windows had not been cleaned seemed like years. There was a kitchen with very little utensils and dishes. One pot. Terrible. We have stayed at many hotels and this was the worse kitchen I have ever seen. There was no table to eat at. The door kept getting stuck and you had to make a very loud noise to close it. We didn't get our room cleaned as we didn't trust any of the rude staff that we encountered.
Grab and go breakfast was a piece of fruit and a power bar (which they ran out of). Coffee was only available during breakfast time.
I would never ever stay here again. Looks good from the outside but beware.
Yes, it has a shuttle to the airport and cruise port but there are others that do as well. I would recommend Hampton Inn which I stayed at during same trip. See my review of that one.

Room Tip: Can't bring myself to be able to answer this one.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melba13
Aristides M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2012

"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."