WINNER WONDERLAND
Ranked #69 of 134 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Davisburg, Michigan
“Would not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

We stayed one night, leaving for a cruise the next morning. We checked in late and check in was good. The room itself was dirty- the bedspread had no less than 11 cigarette burns- some were 4 and 5 inches long. The smoke smell of the room just about knocked you over when you walked in. The shuttle to the cruise port was good and the driver was very nice. I guess to sum it up the staff was good but did not make up for the rooms. The smell from the sewage treatment plant behind the hotel is not great while waiting outside. I have stayed at at least 10 different hotels in the Fort Lauderdale area and this would be second from the bottom on my list- there are much better hotels in the area, guess thats what we get for booking last minute when nothing else was available.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2012

I decided to book this hotel because it offered shuttle service between the airport and the hotel, and the hotel to the cruise port. I also chose it because they offered a free breakfast.

Well, the service does not accommodate incoming travelers for shuttle service from the airport from 10am-4pm because it shuttles people elsewhere. Nice. We had to take a $20 cab to get to the hotel. Our room smelled funny, but was clean, for the most part. Breakfast was a joke. They had 2 packaged muffins, a couple of apples and some coffee. I wouldn't even eat that if I was alone, let alone with my whole family.

I would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Find a hotel somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tim H
Kevin A, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

We know that you have several lodging options, which is why it is so important to us that we provide you with a great room at a great rate, while still giving you something extra, like our expanded coffee bar. I do certainly recognize, however, that if you are looking for a full breakfast, our coffee bar won't satisfy you. I sincerely wish we had been better able to communicate exactly what our morning service includes so that you would not have been disappointed.

Fredericton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2012

From the time we got out off the shuttle we felt as if we were an imposition on the staff. We were fumbling with the door and our luggage. Lady from the front desk had just been looking though the door and left us there without offering to help. She could have held the door open. Then there were two ladies behind the desk and they seemed put out at having to deal with us. Night shift clerk was nice enough. The room was dirty. The windows had not been cleaned seemed like years. There was a kitchen with very little utensils and dishes. One pot. Terrible. We have stayed at many hotels and this was the worse kitchen I have ever seen. There was no table to eat at. The door kept getting stuck and you had to make a very loud noise to close it. We didn't get our room cleaned as we didn't trust any of the rude staff that we encountered.
Grab and go breakfast was a piece of fruit and a power bar (which they ran out of). Coffee was only available during breakfast time.
I would never ever stay here again. Looks good from the outside but beware.
Yes, it has a shuttle to the airport and cruise port but there are others that do as well. I would recommend Hampton Inn which I stayed at during same trip. See my review of that one.

Room Tip: Can't bring myself to be able to answer this one.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melba13
Aristides M, Manager at Extended Stay America - Ft. Lauderdale - Convention Center - Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
"Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Providing for your total satisfaction, from the moment you arrive to the moment you depart, is my staff's primary duty. Hearing that we failed in your case is truly disheartening, and for that, I offer you my sincerest apology.

Our hotel prides itself on exceptional customer service. We know that you have many lodging choices in our area, so we see it as our duty to go the extra mile however we can. Not only is this my personal belief, but it is a guiding principle at our hotel. I have, therefore, reviewed with each staff member the importance of being professional and courteous to every one of our guests, no matter the circumstances.

Let me assure you that your experience is certainly not typical, and that we have put in place measures to ensure that the type of stay you had won't be repeated. Again, I apologize and promise you that we are committed to your total satisfaction. If there is anything you would like to discuss further with me or our guest relations team, please don't hesitate to contact us by visiting our website and clicking on the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope you will give us the honor of having you as a guest again if future travels will bring you into our area."
South Yorkshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed here 1 night prior to a cruise. The location was good as it is very close to Port Everglades and surrounded by shops and restaurants. A Walgreens was very close by.
The room we had was clean and basic but very dark and the bathroom was ready for renovation. Free wifi in rooms. Free grab n go breakfast items incl muffins, granola bars, and coffee. Free shuttle to the cruise port.
Would stay again if the price was good but we felt we paid far too much .

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank racingqueen
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Fort Lauderdale - Convention Center - Marina. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

This place is good to stay at for a few days. I liked the option of smoking or non. The tvs are big and beds are firm. Housecleaning is very attentive here. I liked the option of being able to smoke in the room. There is good security here in fact you have to enter a code to enter the building. Plenty of good restaurants around. Overall, recommend.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Hackettstown, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here for one night prior to a cruise the following day. There were eight of us and we had 2 rooms. Each room had 2 double beds. This hotel is not bad. I think it just needs a lot of up-dating. Very drab and the comforters were very old and stained.
I do have to say however.....the staff is INCREDIBLE. The two ladies at the front desk were remarkable and the shuttle bus driver.......MISS EDITH...OMG....she is amazing. What a hard working lady. I hope they pay her well.
This hotel is also in a great location. Just wish they would invest a few dollars and update. THEN it would be perfect.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Extended Stay is a basic hotel without the amenities. Rooms are clean and staff is very friendly and helpful. We were picked up at the airport in a timely manner and booked the shuttle to the cruise ship.
Hotel is well located on SE 17th, a short walk to restaurants, shops, Publix and Total Wine.
The breakfast is disappointing, only coffee, packaged muffins, energy bars and fruit. We went to the Harbor restaurant next door for breakfast.
Shuttle to the cruise ship was on time and very convenient.
We booked the hotel online and got a discount for CAA membership. If you exit the site before booking you get a coupon code for an additional $10 off.
Lack of a pool resulted in us booking a different hotel post cruise.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family