Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd.
Ranked #124 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Miami, Florida
“Disappointing”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

The price was very affordable, which is why I chose this hotel. However, the area wasnt the best ( a little sketchy at best) and the room smelled like cigarettes even though I had reserved a non-smoking room. I was only there for 1 night and would not have stayed a day longer! The staff was nice but the room and the neighborhood, not so much. I was dissapointed to say the least b/c I have stayed at many Extended Stay hotels in the past with no problems, so to have a bad experience was a big let down! I would def never stay here again, there were people hanging out in the parking lot with the security guard, so Im not sure how secure he was really keeping the place. There were also a few cars riding thru the parking lot blaring music, so I wasnt able to go to sleep as early as I would have liked. I def would not stay at this location again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about our staff; however, we apologize that you were unsatisfied with your room and our location. To prevent this from happening again, I am working with our entire staff to improve our offerings moving forward. As well, I will be speaking with our security team about the importance of providing safety and comfort to all of our guests at all times.

Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at fcb@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

The rooms are below my standards . It is very noisy all the time from the workers and guests during the day and from the guests at night. The beds was very uncomfortable , the bathroom sink leaked, the toilet seat was loose and the bed was as hard as a rock and could not sleep very well. My room got robed and I got a little bruised up, they took my computer and my wallet and I am handy capped . Because of what happened I was not able to pay the rent on Saturday because I had to call my wife home from work so we did not have the money for the rent and so we went to the clerk that was behind the desk and he said do not worry we will work it out. Saturday is when I got robed. Sunday when my wife came home from work in the evening she paid for Sunday and 10.00 toward Saturday. Monday afternoon about 3pm the manager knocked on the door yelling, manager, you are behind on your rent. He acted like a bill collecter. The manager told me that the rent has to be paid by 11am or you have to check out and leave, I explained that until my wife gets home from work we do not have the money to pay and when I get my VA check and my disability check next week and I am going to start paying by the week, I am planning on staying til July 1st so I am not running away. He answered me that is not exceptable and that if I do not have the rent paid by 11am from now on I will have to leave or he will call the police. Then he bought up the monjey that is owed from saturday and I asked him if he was awear of what happened saturday and he said what, I told him about me getting robbed and he answered mew yes there was a write up of the event on what happed but he can not get involved with that and the only thing that he is concerned about is the money owed. I ended up calling my mom and asked her for 200.00 so that I can pay the balance from saturday, for Monday, night and for Tuesday because I knewe that I would not be able to pay by 11am. Because of his attitude and lack of concern about me as a guest and acting as if I was just a number in his computer and the mighty $$$$ instead of staying till July 1st I was left know choice but to checkout on Wednesday. Think twice before you stay at this hotel. The rest of the personel is very good but management leaves alot to be desired. The reason I was staying so long wsas because I was inbetween homes and my house in Fort Myers Florida will be closed on aqnd my house here in Fort Lauderdale was closewd on for the new buys of the house 3 weeks ago and that is how long I have been before this happened.
The kitchen is very tiny and the refrigerator is a collage dorm reftrigerator. They equip the kitchen with 1 frying pan, 1pan to boil in, 2 knives, 2 spoons, 2 forks, and 2 cups and as far as cooking utencils they give you 1 spatchular, 1 manual can opener, 1 strainer and a coffee pot that makes the one cup of coffee. This place as far as I am concered this is far from a equiped kitchen and it does not feel like home away from home. Next time IU will spend a few more $$$$ and stay elsewear I will never stay at this place again or reccomend this place to know one. There is alot more I can say about the management but I think you ge3t the idea.Since I have nothing good to say about him I am going to sign off here.

Unhappy guest

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank garfieldandtweety

Travelers are raving about these Fort Lauderdale hotels

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Poor service, below average cleanliness, very rough neighborhood. That's why the price is too good to be true. The pictures of the place looked good, the reviews were not too bad, and the price was right, so I gave it a try against my better judgment. They could film a few episodes of COPS at this place. The police were called one night because a couple had a fight and the guy stormed out with a gun. People banging on guest doors for 15 minutes demanding to be let in. Got hit up in the parking lot for money on two of the five days I stayed there. If you want to experience the under belly of America, this place is ideal.

Room Tip: Bring a gun and ear plugs, you might sleep better. The gun to defend yourself from the crazies that...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I sincerely apologize that that you did have a good experience here at our facility. In response to your feedback, I am taking the time to ensure our security team is always on the alert and making sure our guest feel protected and safe. Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at fcb@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in town.
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Don't be fooled by the photos. That hotel is horrible. Looks great on the outside but inside the carpet are nasty. The room smells like smoke and when I went to the front office they told me they can give me spray to clean to room up. I request to get another room and that room also was nasty. Do not stay here its a waste of money.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tinaruth0323
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Fort Lauderdale - Commercial Blvd., responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Tina - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I was disheartened to read that you were unsatisfied with the condition of your room. Please accept our apologies. To prevent this from happening again, my team is now conducting a more extensive inspection of all guest rooms before guests check-in to them.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at fcb@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Wurtsboro, New York, United States
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Boy the reviews i read on line were all wrong to what i saw. The room was a nice size, Check in was fast .It was clean and there were things that looked new.Like the Shower Sink area .It was real quite at night . It was close to Public Transportion .I went to the hard rock casino by bus,the beach ,bus station ,down town if you plan on public trans ,get a bus pass 7 10 day are $16.00
i will sure be back next march before and after the monster of rock cruise

Tamarac
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Inexpensive for the area. 2 star at best. Old furnishings. Bed and mattress should have been sent to the land fill years ago. Cleanliness was below average. Desk clerk was friendly and helpful, but over burdened. Location was very good and easy to find.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 11, 2013

These might have been nice room in the 1950 which is obviously when the furniture was purchased and the rooms were last maintained. The bed is uncomfortable, the furniture is falling apart. The cleanliness is far from acceptible. The security officer is unconcerned about people sleeping in their cares in the parking lot. No amenities at all

Room Tip: Look elsewhere
1 Thank Mike_South_Florida