“good for price”

Ranked #108 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Buenos aires, Argentina
“good for price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

The Hotel is good for business and short time leisure, good parking, wifi and clean and confortable rooms, but need a best coffe like that Keiffer or Nespresso and more variety on foods like that eggs,bacon,ham or sausages. In general is very good.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Columbia, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We were very tired and stopped there before reaching Miami. For a last minute search during Miami spring break we got an honest deal. The breakfast room is very small for the size of this hotel but we got lucky that at the time that we got our breakfast it was not crowded.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

We stayed one night at this hotel in a King room. The bed was nice enough. The room was clean enough. I was disappointed in the lack of towels and how stained they were. Once they reach a certain amount of "stained", I think it's probably time to retire them, La Quinta. The neighborhood is ok, compared to many of the areas we drove through in the Ft. Lauderdale and Tamarac area. It works for a one night stay, in a relatively clean and safe place, on the lower end (still over 100!) of the price range for that area. We didn't have any breakfast or use the pool, but I can confirm that the pool is very small.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

While older, my room was clean and comfortable. Good service. Horribly slow Internet. The kicker were the roaches running all over the seats and walls in the breakfast room. None in my actual room. And the breakfast is not good. Hard boiled eggs you have to peel yourself? The only other option are bagels or waffles. Yuck!

• Stayed March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

It's a simple hotel. We only needed a place to rest and for that it was just fine. Rooms were clean and beds were comfy. If basic is all you need, it fits the bill without getting into budget hotels. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2014
Iowa City, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here in February 2014 for a business trip. I would not stay here again.

The pros? The hotel is in a busy area, and there are a ton of restaurants and stores within feet of the hotel. Within 10 minutes of the hotel is a Super Target, Chick-Fil-A, Krispy Kreme, Marshall's,
Sonic, Publix, Walgreens, CVS, and a lot more. The staff was more than welcoming. The pool was clean but tucked in a corner of the parking lot where none of the staff could see (and no cameras)...this wouldn't be such a big deal if...

Cons--On my way to my job interview one morning, there was several police in cars and running in the parking lot and in the woods behind the hotel, including near the pool. They had dogs and guns drawn and they sniffed me as if I were a criminal. The sheriff's helicopter was also flying overhead.

As others noted, the third flood stunk! I ended up getting air fresheners from Target for my room but my clothes still picked up the smell. The TV hardly worked; it froze a TON on the channels that worked. Several channels did not work; I stayed during the Sochi Olympics but missed several days and the closing ceremonies because NBC didn't work at all. There were bugs on the downstairs counter where they were serving the lackluster free breakfast. Soda machine charged $1.75.

I had an executive suite, which was roomy but only because there was very little in it. There was a nasty stain on my sheet upon check in, and no blankets for the pull out.

Overall, the experience wasn't terrible, but I would not waste my money on this location again.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Kissimmee, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2014

We have been staying in La Quinta Hotels for years and our perception of this hotel chain is that it is affordable and a very nice and clean place to stay, but our opinion for this one is very different. The personell is friendly, courteous and professional, but the facilities I would say it needs a big TLC. Some paint, carpet cleaning and floor maintenance will be needed for the whole building. The elevator is in poor condition. I was very dissapointed. In the other hand I would like to say thank you to Rene the maintance man, he was very helpful. The breakfast was not what we expected. We love to stay in La Quinta, but not in this one.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#68 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale Cypress Creek
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft Lauder...
#94 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Nor...
#71 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Extended Stay America - Fort Lauderdale - Tamarac
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#74 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Been to La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East? Share your experiences!