La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Tamarac East
$141
$118
$105
  • Breakfast included
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$89
$140
$129
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$239
$145
$128
  • Pool
Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$140
$128
$118
HIExpress.com
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)
$199
$169
Courtyard
  • Pool
Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$169
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2005

Just stayed at the Baymont, Ft Lauderdale for one night last week. It's not as horrible as some of the reviews make it out to be, though it's not the best place I've been at either. If you're getting a really cheap deal, then I think it's worth it. I think I overpaid a bit on my stay ($78 through Expedia). For that price, it wasn't worth it at all. Room was average, it didn't seem terribly dirty but it wasn't the cleanest either (I wouldn't be comfortable staying there more than one night). Missed the continental breakfast but it was nice that it was offered. Overall it was an ok stay.

7  Thank Lark47
Reviewed February 9, 2005

Baymont Inns & Suites in Sunrise offers discounted room rates with Sawgrass Mills Shop & Stay package (see Sawgrass Mills website). For about $30 less per night than advertised rates, we enjoyed the easy access to I-595 and the Sawgrass Expressway (toll), and Sawgrass Mills. Baymont offers a breakfast with cereals, fruit, waffles, muffins, and toaster items. (And there was a bowl of hard-cooked eggs for Atkins followers :-) We were on the go most of our stay but there is also an outdoor, heated pool. A supply of daily papers was available at the front counter on a first-come basis. Room was clean and housekeeping was attentive to our needs. When we checked in, clerk (Melissa) was very helpful with directions and suggestions for activities in the area, even writing down directions and correcting some Mapquest directions.
Yes, there were some scuffs along the hallways and the elevator door could use some cosmetic attention, but overall it was clean enough for my high standards!

• Stayed: February 2005
13  Thank ExplorerAP
Reviewed January 25, 2005

There was nothing particularly good or bad about my stay. It was reasonable through priceline, and everyone there was friendly. The continental breakfast was average, but better than some. I saw none of the problems that the person above saw. My room was reasonably clean, I appreciated the newspaper at the door. For the right price, I would stay there again, however if you are paying rack rates, you could do better . To me it was comparable to a middle of the road Holiday Inn. It is not in a bad area as indicated above, although there is an adult store across the street.

• Stayed: January 2005
6  Thank JimSAtlanta
Reviewed April 18, 2004

This place was nasty and scary!!! Unable to accommodate non smoking even though I requested it before arrival. Needs complete overhaul like tear down and start over Urgh!!! There was an awful mold smell like and rust along walls, cigarette burns all over carpet and on tub and sinks.
The screen had been pried out several times and I felt very unsafe on 1st floor traveling alone with 2 kids. There were bugs coming out of the cracks in the walls. I had to spray my room for the bugs. Several drunk guests cut me in line and desk clerk said nothing. There was no manager on duty to fix problems. Also no manager on Monday morning. I paid $36 a night and that was $36 too much. Tried to get a refund so I could switch hotels. Booked through hotwire and hotwire refused.

5  Thank orlandomom
Reviewed April 8, 2004

My wife and I booked this motel (with reservations, no pun intended) based on the less-than-eloquent recommendation above. We didn't go so much on the "Babemont" recommendation as we did the absence of negative comments. Anyway, the place is all right for a cheap overnight, but that's about all. A little musty when you open the door to your room, but it goes away after you run the A/C awhile. I felt like a cold Coke and got some free ice, but none of the pop machines on any of the floors was operational. Found a place to park out back, right in front of the "not responsible for thefts and break-ins" sign. Adult video store across the street. We just had the impression the room we were in hadn't been occupied recently, or hadn't been cleaned very well...one or the other, or both. But, to be clear, it wasn't atrocious by any means, and the rate (50 bucks) made it acceptable. I wouldn't recommend it, but I wouldn't be afraid to stay there again either.

7  Thank daler_7