“Good Solid Pre Cruise Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Good Solid Pre Cruise Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Four of us stayed at Hampton Inn in two rooms before our cruise. Shuttle transfer from airport to hotel at 1:30 am was fast, efficient and free. Van was clean, air-conditioned and driver pleasant and conversational. Rooms were clean and beds were comfortable. Air conditioning did not work in one room. Went to front desk and was immediately moved to another room with no fuss and with apologies. The breakfast was excellent with a hot buffet that included eggs and bacon, make your own waffles, choices of cereal, fruits, cottage cheese, juices, coffee, tee etc. Considering the cost savings compared to going to restaurant - well worth it! A tip, the breakfast goes to 10, be there before 9 to ensure the food and coffee is being replenished, a huge crowd showed up at about 9:15.

Shuttle to cruise was $5 a head. I asked why they charged to the cruise and it is because from the airport to the hotel is one location pick up and one location destination, but the destinations from the hotel to various places is multi-faceted so they charter it out. Van was clean, air-conditioned and driver pleasant and conversational.

Wished I had booked here post cruise instead of Hilton Marina which was a disaster.

Room Tip: Get a room on top floor, less noise.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Anthony W
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Greeting Anthony W! I really appreciate your taking a moment to write a nice review about your most recent stay in my hotel. We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that you thought the room was clean and the bed was comfy! It also sounds like you enjoyed the hot breakfast as well. My apologies about the A/C not working properly....but I am happy we were able to get you a new room and take care of the issue. Yes, we started charging for the cruise shuttle in January of 2014.... not as a profit margin....the hotel pays the $6 a person to an outside shuttle service so that we could make the cruise port offering a much easier and quicker benefit to the guests! (Last year we were so popular with the cruisers and we simply could not keep up with the service offering that I wanted to provide to our guests in our vans- so that is why I decided to change.) So far so good.....95% of feedback has been positive about the new shuttles! Even at $6 per person we are still on the low end of most of the hotel that provide cruise shuttle! Thank so much for your business and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This Hampton has a shuttle which will pick you up and drop you off at the airport and will take you to the ship for your embarkation. The front office staff are efficient and pleasant and helpful. Treats are at the front desk for those who have the Hilton mileage card and the choices are very good, even healthy. The rooms are clean and of the typical Hampton arrangement. The room on the higher floor was quiet. The complimentary breakfast in the morning had a good variety of foods, hot and cold.

Room Tip: If you wish and ask for a quiet room, your request will be honored.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank wolverine5862
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hello there Wolverine5862! Thanks for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am happy that you found the room to be clean and the front office staff to be pleasant and helpful! I am thrilled we were able to honor your high floor, quiet room request. (we always do our very best to honor any special request you have). Thanks so much and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

La Crosse, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Another wonderful stay. We are always welcomed as we enter and treated very well. It is a great pre/post cruise hotel. We love the location. The general manager boarded our shuttle to the pier to thank us for staying with them. I thought it was great that he made the effort to come out and greet us and wish us all a great cruise.

2 Thank Diana J
Hello Diane J! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you thought my staff was friendly and that your stay overall was wonderful! I am glad you also found our location to be very convenient as well. I always try and send off our wonderful guests with a sincere thank you for your business and wish them a happy cruise, I am happy you appreciated the effort! Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Great location close to the airport and cruise port. Hotel is very well organized for shutteling to the cruise port. The staff has been wonderful and friendly. David is a wonderful Gm and runs a great hotel. Shops and restaurants are within walking distance.

1 Thank Turtlepuch
Greetings Dancingfever_kek!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you had a good stay with us. It sounds like you enjoyed the organized shuttle to the cruise port as well as enjoying the restaurants and shops right next door! Thanks for your kind words about myself and my hotel.....I have been blessed to have a GREAT staff and they make it easy on me! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Santa Ana,Cal., United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

Unpacked 3 suitcases……..removed shoes to walk in 1/2 inch of water soaking ENTIRE CARPET. Desk moved us to another room AT THE FARTHEST ROOM OF THE HALL (after I booked with warning to hotel I had trouble walking). Had to re-pack ALL to move to new room. I asked clerk to check commode. He said A.O.K. I was skeptical. Used after dinner………..FLOODED!!!!!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank Mallard S
Dear Mallard S! Thanks for giving us you feedback on your most recent stay with us. It sounds like we did not get the room right! My humble apologies that you were given 2 rooms that both had "flooding" issues! I dont know that I have ever seen 2 rooms the same night with that same issue.....so for that i again apologize! We do our very best to ensure that all of our rooms are properly maintenanced and are ready for our guests. I understand that we did try and make it right by adjusting the bill and I would love to welcome you to contact me directly if i can be of any additional service to you!

Thanks again for letting us know!

Oceanside, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed here for business, rooms are neat, clean and comfortable, This is a very quiet area at night so little to no noise while sleeping. Paige and Melissa were great at the bar. very friendly and helpful with dinner ideas, places to go!!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello Kristin S! Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on trip advisor. We sincerely appreciate your business! I am happy that the room was quiet and that our staff helped make your stay better! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Stayed overnight prior to our Cruise. Free Shuttle to hotel right after walking out of baggage
claim. What a pleasant surprise. The Hotel was immaculate….beautiful room and very
comfortable bed. Front desk called for a shuttle to take us to the Water Taxi stop. Just
$10 each way. If this is your first time in Fort Lauderdale, put the Water Taxi on your must do
list. Also there is a nice strip mall next to the hotel to pick up last minute items you may need
for the Cruise. Nice Breakfast Buffet ! If you are taking a Cruise, book a month or more in
advance to get the best rate. My hotel was just $119 ( Senior Discount) If you wait until the
week before the Cruise, all the hotel prices increase significantly. I have stayed in five star
hotels in Las Vegas ….the only difference between them and this Hampton Inn is the size
of the room. The kudos must go to the Manager. Not all Hampton Inns are alike. Oh yes,
$6 shuttle to cruise in the morning.

Room Tip: Stayed on Ground Floor. room 105. Very quiet close to front entrance.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jan1942woodland
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello there Jan1942Woodland!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor! I am Thrilled that you thought our hotel was 5 star and that the hotel and your room were immaculate! Sounds like you also enjoyed our breakfast, the shuttle and found our location to be very helpful for cruisers! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!!