“Hotel and management”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 132 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Mr. Blevins is the nicest man I have every met in any Hotel we have ever stayed. He and his staff go out of their way to help my wife and I. My wife is in a wheelchair, and he sees to it that we have an accessible room for us and handicap transportation. He has done much more than any body has ever done for us and it is greatly appreciated. His staff is always very helpful as well.

Carlos & Joanne Echaniz

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carlos E
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Greetings Carlos! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Carlos, I truly appreciate all your kind words about myself and my staff! It is Always my pleasure to ensure that you and your wife are comfortable while staying in my hotel. All you have to do is let us know ahead of time that you have an accessible need and we will be happy to give you the room and the transportation you need. Carlos, thanks for continuing to stay in my hotel and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family of 5 stayed here pre-cruise. The staff at this hotel are among the best I've ever encountered (and stay in hotels 3 nights per week). There is a McDonalds and other quick service food options in walking distance, as well as a grocery store (which we found helpful for last minute cruise needs). The surrounding area is not very walkable or an area that you would go for a nice, aesthetically pleasing morning run. However, if you are looking for nice hotel with great service, free airport shuttle, and a reliable, $6 transfer to the cruise port - this is a great hotel choice and I highly recommend it. My kids enjoyed the pool area as well (outdoor pool).

3  Thank Juliet R
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Hello there Juliet R!! Thanks so much for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! WOW!! Now thats about as nice of a statement about our service....as we have heard in a long time! (to say that my staff provided you with...... "as good of service as you have ever encountered"?) Thats a WOW statement! Thanks so much for saying that! I will immediately print this one off and show my wonderful staff your comments! I am also happy that you thought both our airport shuttle and our cruise port shuttle were reliable and a good value! As far as the area goes....we are a typical airport /Cruise port area- not a bad area- just industrial! Our location value is being only 2 miles from the cruise port and the airport as well as being close enough to the beach for nice walks or runs (4 or 5 miles to beach). I am Thrilled that you had a good stay with us and happy that you say you would highly recommend my hotel! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Clean, convenient and perfect for a night before or after a cruise. Shuttle from airport is included and have a shuttle you can purchase to cruiseport! Enjoyed the pool and complimentary breakfast. With so many hotels in the area its hard to know whats a good one! This is it! Would do this again next time!

2  Thank PickyT_13
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Greetings PickyT_13! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you thought the hotel was clean, the shuttle to be Convenient and it sounds like you enjoyed the pool and breakfast as well. Thanks so much for saying my hotel is one of the "good ones" and for saying that you would return to the hotel. That being said....I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit back to Paradise!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Hotel was nice, nothing special by itself--but the staff and service was the best!!!
Courteous, helpful, knowledgeable, with good breakfast, freshly baked cookies, and nice sitting area for hanging out. Also near a strip mall with lots of options and food choices.

Room Tip: middle room was small, but on return after cruise we had a corner room that was very spacey!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank bluerev1
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2014

Greetings Troy B! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I really appreciate when Senior Contributors write reviews because you guys travel all over the country and are able to see hotel and service offerings everywhere. Thanks for saying our service is the BEST! I may be partial.....but I agree! I have been very blessed with a staff that truly cares about giving great service and taking care of our guests needs. It also sounds like you enjoyed our breakfast and our convenient location to restaurants and shops. Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Pros: Nice, clean hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly. Would definitely stay here again. Cons: It was expensive for a Hampton but any hotel worth staying in Ft. Lauderdale is expensive.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
1  Thank Michael C

Hello there Michael C! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and an even bigger compliment is that you said you would come back! I am so happy that the room was clean and you found my staff to be friendly! Yes, I agree, this time of year....it is expensive to stay in any cruiseport hotel....we just try and stay with the market. I appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Paradise!

Reviewed April 11, 2014

nice hotel for cruise port.. free breakfast was a plus and at the time we were there not crowded. Shuttle service took a while to arrive at airport, however it also took us to a nice restaurant and picked us back up. Hotel was aging but it was clean and met our needs

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Howdy Joyce A! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I am happy you thought the hotel was nice and good for cruise port business! It also sounds like you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. It is true, we are not the shiny new penny on the block....but if you want EXTRAORDINARY SERVICE, a clean room and easy shuttle service to the cruise port and airport....we are your hotel! Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

The price may seem a bit high, but if you are taking a cruise, this offers a lot of value and convenience. Room had a refrig, microwave and coffee maker. Breakfast had oatmeal, waffles, eggs, bacon, cereal STRONG coffee, and lots of fresh fruit, and more. Right across a narrow road (less than a 5 minute walk) is a strip mall where you can buy anything you forgot for your cruise : ) . Besides Big Lots, Dollar Store, and many more, there are at least 3 restaurants, including a Sports Bar, German restaurant, and Latin cafe. The hotel will also let you keep your car parked in their lot for $50 for up to 10 days while you cruise, while the cruise terminal charges $20 a day. You can take the hotel transportation to and from the cruise terminal for $5 each way. Staff was wonderful. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the 4th floor with handicapped access. This means that the bathroom was lar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

Greetings Two2fortheroad! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel had a lot of conveniences and that you enjoyed the breakfast! I am glad to hear that you found our parking arrangement to be a value as well. Thanks for saying that the staff was wonderful and that you recommend my hotel! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!