“Great place to stay”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Excellent Service. The hotel is in a safe location and conveniently located to shopping for last minute items, airport and cruise lines. They provide shuttle service and are helpful with luggage. Rooms are quiet and clean. The complimentary breakfast is the best I've had from any hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Barbara C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Howdy there Barbara C! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am so happy that you found the service at the hotel to be Excellent and the room to be clean and quiet! We truly appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed March 17, 2014

I chose this hotel to stay at before my family cruise due to their offerings of a complimentary airport shuttle and their shuttle service to the cruise terminal. We were quickly picked up from the airport (great idea to have pink flamingos to help your vans stand out from the rest!) and check-in was a breeze. I was able to easily sign up for the shuttle service to the cruise terminal for $5/pp. The front desk agents also assisted us with transportation to 15th Street Fisheries for dinner as well. The next morning the breakfast was nice and then after check-out the process to get everyone on the shuttle to the cruise terminal was as smooth as could be! Great job organizing such an easy process! All of the staff members were very friendly! I also greatly appreciated David the General Manager personally greeting and thanking each of the guests for staying and inviting them back again. As a person in the hotel industry myself I was very impressed with the hospitality I received at this property! Would definitely recommend to others and would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Elizabeth C
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Greetings Elizabeth, I wanted to personally thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the Front Desk to be helpful and friendly as well as the shuttle transportation to and from the airport as well as to the cruise port to be fast and efficient!(Yes the Flamingo's help us be seen in a sea of plain white vans!) Thanks also for giving the ole GM a shout out! I Truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back on your next visit to PARADISE!

Reviewed March 12, 2014

We stayed here the night before leaving for a Disney Cruise and it was a wonderful experience! From check in with Kim Cognet to Jean driving me to Walgreens to pick up a prescription that I left at home, our kids and grand kids really enjoyed everything. Raquel was a perfect hostess at breakfast and Kim was able to arrange transportation to our cruise port. And, while it cost. $85 for our group of 6 to get into Miami port, it was much less expensive than paying a premium price in Miami! Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Robin A
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Greetings Robin A! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that your most recent stay with us was a "Wonderful Experience"! I am thrilled that 3 members of my staff made such a strong impression on you.....Raquel, Kim and Jean....They all are great employees that do their best to take care of our guests! Thanks so much for saying that you would stay here again, that is the biggest compliment you can give us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

Our party of eight stayed here for one night prior to a cruise. This hotel is very conveniently located near the airport and cruise port.
We found the transportation offerings to be excellent! The hotel shuttle from the airport was prompt to arrive and clean. Shuttle service to the port was well organized and easy.
The hotel is within walking distance of a strip mall with restaurant choices, a grocery store and a liquor store. What more could be needed? Since we used shuttle transportation and had no car, this was a wonderful convenience.
The hotel was clean, rooms were ready when we arrived and the breakfast was quite good.
We will be staying here again next year!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Laurie L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Greetings Laurie L! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought the rooms were clean and the breakfast was good! Thanks also for mentioning that you found the transportation to the port to be Excellent! We are hearing really good feedback about our new shuttle offering and we are very happy they worked well for you. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

6 of us stayed here one night prior to leaving on a cruise. We arrived early (before Noon) and were told we would be called when our rooms were ready, which was expected to be around 1:30 p.m. The shuttle drove us to a restaurant that was recommended for lunch. We took our time and then decided to do some shopping. Never received a call so at 3:00 we called and were told the rooms were still not ready and that we would be called when they were! We decided to go see a movie at a nearby theatre and afterwards walked back to the hotel. By this time is was almost 6:00 p.m. and our rooms were finally ready, but no phone call! Other than that, the front desk staff were very nice, but someone dropped the ball by not calling us. The hotel itself was fine, but could really use some updating. The bedding needs some updating too. My mattress definitely needed to be replaced! I've stayed at other Hamptons which were much nicer so this one definitely would benefit from a facelift. Breakfast was very good and the shuttle to the port was quick and easy. Even arranged for the shuttle to pick us up upon return from the cruise and take us to the airport. We are planning another cruise leaving out of Ft. Lauderdale next year and are not sure we will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Maricarmp

Hello there Maricarmp! Thanks for taking the time to write a review about my hotel on Trip Advisor (Although, I am wondering if the review is for my hotel? You mentioned that you walked back from the theater.....We have NO theater that can be walked to and our check ins at my hotel are always available by 3 ish-The nearest theater to us is easily 3 to 4 miles. The Hampton on Stirling has a Theater a few blocks away) I am happy that overall you had a good stay and the staff was nice. It also sounds like the transportation worked out for you as well! I would love to welcome you back ( or welcome you here if review is not for my hotel) on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our family stayed here 2/28/2014 for the night before a cruise. Shuttle from airport was there in 10 minutes after we called then 10 minutes to hotel. Check in very quick and easy. Any "settling in" requests taken care of very fast. Comfortable beds and quiet clean rooms. Breakfast was good, but with all the cruisers eating, space was at a premium. Shuttle service to Port Everglades ($5 per person) was very efficient and organized. This staff has a do it the right way approach and they all try very hard to make guests feel at home. Shopping center across the street for last minute items. McDonald's adjacent to hotel and a few other restaurants within close walking distance. Was a great start to a great vacation!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Joseph K
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Hello there Joseph K! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business!! I am so happy that you found the room to be clean and the bed comfortable! I am also glad to hear that you thought my staff had a "do it the right way approach"! Thanks also for complimenting the new shuttle service- we have heard great feedback on it! We are honored to help you start your vacation off right! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to PARADISE!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Hotel was clean and the service was great!! No fault of the hotel, but breakfast was very busy, so we ate at a local diner! We enjoyed sitting by the pool and catdching up before we left the area for our cruise. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Chris S
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Greeting Chris S! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you thought the hotel was clean and the service was GREAT! Sorry to hear that you didnt get to enjoy our fabulous breakfast- I know it gets busy in that area (Especially on cruise weekends from 9am to 10am).
Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!