Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 127 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This hotel is perfect for a pre or post cruise stay! With Hampton Inn, you know what to expect and this Hampton delivers. The standout would have to be David Blevins, General Manager. Friendly, ultra helpful and caring. Definitely left a positive lasting impression. This was our first visit to the area and David was most helpful with restaurant recommendations AND transportation to and from restaurants. Transportation to and from ports was very well organized. Highly recommend this hotel !!!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Monica M
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Greetings Monica M! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! And Thanks for the kind words about the Old GM! ( I'll pay ya later!....:)
I am humbled that I made a lasting impression on you...... I am so happy that you also found out new shuttle offering to be very well organized! We try very hard to make sure that everyones cruise starts off on a GREAT foot! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hampton Inn North Fort Lauderdale

We stayed at this fine hotel on Feb 22 2014 before a cruise for the first time. I usually do not write reviews but I felt I had to this time to tell everyone that reads this to go ahead and book this place as they will not be disappointed. I always read reviews on my hotels before booking. This is a honest review.
This place is Excellent. Not only does this hotel have a excellent manager
( David) his staff was all very friendly and professional from the time we checked in until we were on the shuttle to our cruise. The shuttle was very organized as well. The breakfast was good and plentiful.
This manager has gone out of his way answering my questions prior to our arrival. Although he was not working when we arrived he left me a nice video to say hello and happy birthday. Thank you David!!
Our room was wonderfully decorated, clean and quiet. There are many places to eat at within walking distance. Leaving our car at the hotel was easy with lots of spaces to park and we felt comfortable leaving our vehicle at this hotel parking lot while we were on our cruise. Our car was just fine parked there all week. Make sure to choose the stay and go parking package. Very close to the port.
A special thank you to his front desk girls. They knew I was celebrating a birthday and sent a special surprise up to my room.
We recommend this hotel to all and we will be back when we go out on another cruise.
As for the price as stated earlier in other reviews it is supply and demand. This hotel was fully booked when we were there so people like me are willing to pay the price to stay at a safe place close to the port. For the ones that thinks it's too much to pay ... others will be more then happy to take your room.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank merrim

Dear Merrim!! THANK YOU SO MUCH....for writing such a nice review about my hotel! Thanks for all your kind words about me and my staff! I was very disappointed that I was not going to be at the hotel when you checked in- I felt like I got to know you well from our phone calls before you got to the hotel! (My Girlfriend bought me a last minute weekend trip to Mardi Gras so I knew I wasnt going to see you- but I am so happy you were able to see the video I made for you wishing you a happy birthday!) I am also happy that you enjoyed the staff and the shuttle to the port! I am still chuckling about your last line in the review! Thanks for having my back on the supply and demand issue!....:) Merrim, I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed March 3, 2014

My Mom and I stayed here before and after our cruise mid-February.

While the staff at this hotel are really fantastic and very helpful, the hotel itself needs some TLC.

The rooms, in our case the bathroom, needs some upgrades etc. You can see the rust stains and scratches and regular wear and tear. The room/bathroom were well cleaned, however, the age is showing.

The pool deck area is what it is-neat and tidy but nothing over the top. Although I did get a bit of a scare when a lovely large raccoon tried to quietly creep along the fence and into the garbage can and back out again. LOL

The breakfast was fine, your typical Hampton Inn fare, it was hot and tasty and lots of it.

The shuttle to/from the airport was quick to arrive after a phone call, not a long wait, and the driver was always friendly.

The shuttle for the cruise port was a 3rd party. Going to the port is all arranged via the front desk and it was fine. Those mornings are always chaotic, no matter where you are. But the staff were organized and efficient. Going from the cruise port to the Hampton you need to call/arrange yourself. I just called the front desk and they transferred me, it was $5.00 pp. And you find them in the area with the rest of the shuttles.

The strip mall across the road is very convenient.

I did end up having to stay a 3rd night because my flight home was cancelled due to weather, I was lucky they had a room for me, so it worked out fine.

I will say the overall experience here was nice. However, I feel the rate you pay here is high, even if it is during high season for cruises. It would be nice to see some upgrades overall to off set the sting of the price.

Having said that-given how great the staff were and it's location etc. I would go back again. Those couple of small things didn't damper the stay for us and I would suggest it to others.

5  Thank Susie H
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Greetings Susie H! WOW! Now thats a thorough review! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you found my staff to be helpful and FANTASTIC! It also sounds like you had a nice experience with our breakfast and our shuttle service! I will pass along your comments about the upgrades needed to the powers that be....(of course the ole GM would LOVE to see that as well!) Thanks again for saying that you would not only stay here again....but would recommend my hotel to others! I would like to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

The front office is especially friendly and very accommodating when we arrive.
They give transportation to restaurant and other location for free.
The rooms are very clean and spacious.
My wife and I continuous talk about to oir friends and travel agent we come in contact with during our tavel.
Highly recommended this hotel

• Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank richard b
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello there Richardb! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you found the staff to be very friendly and accomodating as well as the hotel to be clean and spacious! Thanks for your review and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed at this hotel Feb. 19 pre-cruise and Feb. 24 post-cruise. This has been one of my best experiences with a hotel associated with a cruise EVER!! Airport shuttle was there but our one piece of luggage took longer so we missed it. However, standing in the nice warmth waiting was not an issue and shuttle driver came 15-20 minutes later and was very nice. All the staff has been trained very well to go above and beyond customer service wise. Shuttle service to the port (which i guess they now charge $5 each way) is seamless and driver is also very professional and quick. Post cruise pick up is also excellent. We were renting a car and so he took us right to the airport vs. back to hotel (wasn't sure how that would work but not an issue). Breakfast is excellent and they even gave us a bottle of wine for our anniversary post-cruise!!! Not sure where all the "bad" rooms are, but our room both times was perfectly fine. Nice pool area and shopping center for wine/liquor/food is right next door. Several fast food restaurants nearby as well. PERFECT!!

Room Tip: We always try high floor away from elevate. Ice machines at this hotel are on 2 and 4.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julietravelut

Greetings Julietravellut!! WOWOWOW!! Now THATS a super review! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about my hotel and my staff! I am so happy to hear you say that this is one of the Best Experiences that you have ever had with a cruise port hotel. My staff does there very best to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay! (Happy Anniversary again by the way!) I also appreciate you saying that the new transportation to the cruise port was seemless.....we have had some guests have concern over the changes....but the feedback I have received so far has been SUPER! ps....there are no "Bad" rooms! ....:)
Thanks again for your fantastic review and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed March 1, 2014

This hotel caters to cruisers and I would highly recommend it. The desk staff was outstanding and helped provide any of our requests. One of the staff was very helpful in assisting my wife in downloading some books for her Kindle. The also assisted in getting us a shuttle to travel to some of the local restaurants and were also very helpful and friendly. We used the shuttle for both the cruise and the airport and they were always very courteous and friendly. The hotel itself is very modern and clean with good employees, we would definitely stay there again.

3  Thank 1945Russ911

Greetings 1945Russ911! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you thought our front desk staff was Outstanding!! I also appreciate you saying that the hotel was clean! I really appreciate your busines and would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

My family of four stayed here before an early departure from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The staff behind the counter were very nice. Offered my twin boys free ice cream after dinner and gave a great recommendation for a mexican restaurant. I thought the price was a little high for the accommodations. The hotel was dated and beds were just ok. There was a knocking noise the entire night. We think it might have been the air-conditioning but not completely sure. We will not stay here again because we stayed at another hotel in the area that we really liked for the same price. Granted that hotel was gotten from a hotwire deal. See other hotel reviews for name of that hotel.

2  Thank JeninAkron

Hello JeninAkron! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the staff was very nice and that you enjoyed our recommendation for dinner! I do apologize that you felt the price was too high- High Season in Florida is always a tough time to find attractive rates! Please feel free to contact me directly about the Knocking noise so that we can identify the problem and try and make it right with you. Thanks for letting us know and I would love to welcome youb back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!