“Family stay before morning departure from Fort Lauderdale airport”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed February 28, 2014

My family of four stayed here before an early departure from Ft. Lauderdale airport. The staff behind the counter were very nice. Offered my twin boys free ice cream after dinner and gave a great recommendation for a mexican restaurant. I thought the price was a little high for the accommodations. The hotel was dated and beds were just ok. There was a knocking noise the entire night. We think it might have been the air-conditioning but not completely sure. We will not stay here again because we stayed at another hotel in the area that we really liked for the same price. Granted that hotel was gotten from a hotwire deal. See other hotel reviews for name of that hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank JeninAkron
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Hello JeninAkron! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the staff was very nice and that you enjoyed our recommendation for dinner! I do apologize that you felt the price was too high- High Season in Florida is always a tough time to find attractive rates! Please feel free to contact me directly about the Knocking noise so that we can identify the problem and try and make it right with you. Thanks for letting us know and I would love to welcome youb back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Chose to stay at this hotel because it is a Hampton Inn and was convenient to an early morning flight out from FLL. Upon booking the cost seemed outrageous for a Hampton Inn but we knew it was about being close to the airport and using the shuttle services and other hotels in the region were expensive. In these situations usually the Hampton Inn is the best choice. Unfortunately, the hotel is not up to the Hampton Inn standards. Room was very basic and although appeared clean was outdated and not very appealing. Again, did I tell you that it cost a lot of money! Not sure what the solution is but will probably look for someplace else next time.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2014

Hello Mpm01824! Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We do appreciate your business! I am happy that you thought the hotel and the room was clean! I am sorry that you felt the price was outrageous! If I were to be honestly....I would probably agree! All hotels in South Florida during HIGH SEASON are priced much higher than they normally would be (it is kind of like going to New Orleans....during Mardi Gras....you will find regular Hampton Inns just like my hotel... priced at $400+). It is just simply supply and demand. When there are one star hotels in our area that are priced at $250.....it would be foolish to price ourselves any less! Unfortunately the only answer is to try and book REALLY EARLY....or stay away from cruising during the Highest Season in South Florida which is January through March- Come see me in June....I will give you all the $99 rates you will buy from me!....:)
Again, my apologies on the rate....but I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I want to start off, to be fair, complimenting the general manager of the hotel for his responsiveness when we contacted him to complain, and he helped us receive a 50% credit back for our room charge. We stayed here because we had an early morning flight out of the Fort Lauderdale airport -- we arrived fairly late in the evening and had to get up extremely early, so our stay was very brief. It took a while for the shuttle to come for us. We were courteously greeted at the front desk, but when we entered our room (booked at $320 a night), it really didn't meet the standards of other hampton inns where we have stayed. The carpet seemed musty and kind of icky to walk on. There was a cigarette smell in the room (for which the management compensated us by reducing the room rate). The bathroom was clean but with chipped grout and some peeling paint, very spartan feel. Overall it had the feeling of what would be a decent $99 roadside motor inn -- not a $320 Hampton Inn room. We had to leave at 5:30 a.m., so we couldn't take advantage of breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Hello Wjs! Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay with us. I do apologize, I assumed we had the issues fixed to your satisfaction when we spoke earlier and I apologized for your stay and gave you everything you asked for. I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. When we chatted, I pointed out that all you have to do is let someone know...and we will be MORE than happy to get you another room if we happen to miss something..... or be happy to fix the problem anyway that makes you happy. My sincere apologies that you were not happy with your room. We want all of our guests to be happy guests! The rate you pay is simply a function of supply and demand- if you make your reservations late during what is considered to be "High Season" in South Florida for cruise season.....that is what you pay to stay in this area. There are many one and two star hotels that are getting close to $300 a night on busy cruise nights. We are merely pricing ourselves competitively with the market. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed here last Jan (2013) and after a really bad expereience with another hotel (Feb.2014) I went back to find this one for a future booking. Now realize I never rated it.

This hotel is Very Good and Very Convenient. Just a 3 minute walk across the street and you will find a Shopping Strip where you can go into a Dollar-Type store for forgotten needs, a Big Davy's Liqour Store and a Foodmart to keep you belly feed inexpensively. Nice breakfast at the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Good Value !!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Sakamato
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Greetings Sakamato! I really appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! Thanks for remembering us! I am so happy that you thought our hotel was very good and you liked it enough to come back again with us! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

We stayed at the Hampton Inn the night before a cruise leaving from Fort Lauderdale. When we arrived at the airport we called the hotel from baggage pickup. The shuttle van was there in less than 5 minutes. Everything ran smoothly. The rooms were neat and clean. I was impressed with the hospitality of the hotel staff and manager. Lovely pool on the premises. A full complimentary breakfast was served in the morning. The shuttle to the ship also ran smoothly. I would definitely recommend this hotel. We had a lovely stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
5  Thank CruiserNyc

Hello there CruiserNYC! I wanted to personally THANK YOU for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrillled that you found the hotel to be clean and neat and thanks for saying that you were impressed by our hospitality! I have been blessed with a great staff! Thanks also for saying that you would recommend my hotel and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here before boarding for our cruise. The free shuttle from the airport to the hotel and from the hotel to cruise terminal as convenient. Be prepared to wait up to 30 min for an airport pickup due to the volume of folks they are picking up. Hotel was fairly standard for a Hampton Inn.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dean_Amy-2004
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Hello Dean_Amy-2004! Thanks for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I am happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the shuttle services we offered to be convenient! Yes on some very busy cruise weekends the wait can be up to 30 minutes....but most of the time we can get you within 10 to 15 minutes....it all depends on if we get 20 calls at the same time or if they are spread out- we do our very best to minimize your wait time. Thanks again and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

DONT STAY HERE!! We stayed here while on a cruise. They assured us they had "never lost a vehicle" but failed to mention how many had been robbed! We parked right out front and when we came back our vehicle was empty. We were traveling and had lots of stuff, all hidden under a blanket, nothing at all out. When the cops came, the manager knew him by first name! When we left we saw a very nice Charger in the lot - on return, it had no wheels, someone had stolen them!! We saw a vehicle that had a taped up window, too!! Yeah, the staff was friendly - a bit too friendly! They know exactly when you are leaving and how long you will be gone! And Hilton was not supportive at all. They wouldn't refund our points, they insist each hotel is independently owned, and up to each location whether they will refund.

Room Tip: DONT STAY HERE if you value anything in your vehicle!!!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Idahobeachbunny- My sincere apologies that you had your car broken into while you were a guest in our hotel. It is never a fun experience to have things like this happen to you and we truly hate that you had to experience this. The general rule of thumb should always be that we NEVER leave anything in our cars for the "Bad Guy" to want to steal. As far as me knowing the officers name.....Of Course I do.....we have a great relationship with our local police department and they proactively patrol our lot, come in to our lobby for coffee, and say hello to the staff so that we know they are always there for us. Again, My humble apologies about your experience and I wish you luck in the future.