and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Adelaide, Australia
“Very helpful.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

We arrived 30 hours late due to hold up in Dallas. I had kept the hotel informed and they had been very helpful.
The shuttle arrived in twenty minutes to the airport and we were checked in within a minute of arriving. We had a room with two queens and a rollaway which was was quite tight but easily manageable. The room is a little dated but linen is lovely and it is all very clean and comfortable. We were very happy with it all.
Breakfast is included in the morning, it is simple but nice.
The shuttle transfers were really well organised and efficient to the port.
We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Hello there TCPP,
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and you also seemed to enjoy the breakfast and the shuttle service. I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Littleton, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fort Lauderdale/airport for my vacation cruise on December 6. It was crazy busy when we arrived but the front desk clerk Cinthya Gonzales was wonderful! she kept her calm and everyone in check. got us our room quickly and efficiently. the hotel is nice, neat and the staff is friendly.they even provide shuttle service to and from the pier - the price was right and we had a hassle-free stay - smooth sailing all the way!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Hello there Nellie V! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy to hear that you found the hotel to be nice and the staff to be friendly! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!

Florence, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed here the night of December 5th,and took our cruise the next day. We parked our car at the hotel for the 10 days. We've stayed in several of the local Hampton Inns on our way to a cruise in the past. All of the hotels have some features that just make the stay a little more convenient. At this hotel we were pleased that two great eateries were within walking distance. A Thai restaurant and a steak and burger bar. We tried the Thai restaurant and were pleasantly pleased. Other conveniences we found were a gas station and a Dollar Tree just across the street. The Dollar Tree was great for items we may have forgotten to pack and the gas station was a good spot to fill up before we started our trip home.
Our hotel room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was up to par with other Hampton Inn fares. All the staff were very helpful.
We did make a couple of negative observations. The lobby could use some brightening up. Although the shuttle to and from the cruise port is complimentary, our experience with the return shuttle was disappointing. We waited a half hour to be picked up. Then, we made stops at two other ships, went to the airport for another pickup and then to the hotel. So it took us an hour to get to the hotel from the time we called. I think we'll consider a taxi the next time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ranger060767
Greetings Ranger 060767! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy to hear that you found the room to be clean and comfortable as well as the hotel staff to be friendly and helpful! My apologies that you had to wait a half an hour to be picked up- we do our very best to get to everyone in a reasonble timeframe ( and honestly....20 to 30 minutes is about average when you have thousands of guests coming off the ships). I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Venice, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our stay was very nice with helpful staff in giving directions to stores and airport. The only thing that we would have liked to have was pay per view in the room. Other than that it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank George T
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hello there George T! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I am happy that your stay was nice and I do apologize about not having pay per view in the hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

San Francisco
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here before going on a cruise and it seemed like 95% of the other guests were also in pre-cruise mode! The free airport and cruise terminal shuttle were the deciding factors in selecting this hotel.

The shuttle from the airport took a long time to arrive and was chaotic & over-stuffed. The shuttle to the cruise terminal was 30 minutes late which wasn't terrible but caused some anxiety (we wanted to start our vacation!).

The rooms are plush, clean, and bright with plenty of light. Not specific to this hotel, but I wish that Hampton beds would have several light blankets instead of a thick duvet; we either froze or were too hot.

Wendy's, McDonald's, and a sports bar are within walking distance.

Breakfast was crowded with all the cruisers and the lobby area was packed with luggage and people. It would have been challenging except that everyone was in a good mood as they were going on holiday.

Two tips:

1) The Hampton has an agreement with a shuttle service to take you from the port to the airport. Be sure to ask about it. We didn't find out until after we'd booked with GOAirport, which turned out to be more expensive than the Hampton's option.

2) There's a dollar store in the mall next to the hotel. They have small, light, inflatable life preservers which would come in handy at many of the beaches and it's only $1! The $1 poufs are very handy at scrubbing suntan lotion off while you're on the boat.

I'd give the hotel a higher rating if they had more frequent and organized shuttle service. It's still an excellent place to stay before a cruise--this property has it down to a science.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Member3
Greetings Member3! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am happy that you felt the room was clean , bright and plush! I am sorry that you felt the Duvey was too thick....it is a Hampton Brand Standard to use in the rooms. My apologies that you felt the van ride over from the airport was chaotic and over stuffed! I do have the good fortune of running a very busy cruise port hotel. We do run shuttles to the Port Everglades Port every 45 minutes starting at 10:15 so there is usually plenty of available spaces to sign up for the shuttle. (the Port doesnt want us out there any earlier than that so that guests can disembark before getting slammed with arrivals- They will let taxi's in earlier than that if you need to be there earlier!) Dont forget our shuttle is COMPLIMENTARY if you are a guest in the hotel. I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I have been checking into this hotel for the last 5 years before "jumping" on a cruise. As always, exceeded expectations. Everyone from the "Flamingo" shuttle driver to the staff at the hotel were great. I still do not understand people that spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and fly in the same day of a cruise. When you factor in the stress, potentially missing your ship etc., small price to pay. The hotel shuttle picks you up at the airport, drops you off at the hotel and then drops you off next day at the port, all for free! (TIP the Driver, please!!)

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Habsexpos
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Greetings Habsexpos!! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that my staff again exceeded your expectations and that the shuttle drivers impressed you! ( and yes..I would think it would be a reasonable expectation that if the driver loads the bags both from the hotel and to the port that a mere dollar or two from everyone should be the minimum as my guys work awfully hard and do work for tips!). Thanks so much for coming back to see us year after year...that is a huge compliment! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times when we are cruising from Fort Lauderdale. They have a shuttle service to and back from airport and use to have a free shuttle to cruise port. They now charge for it. Their breakfast is good and they are next to a shopping center so if you should forget something .you most likely be able to find it there.nwe buy our wine at the grocery store to take aboard.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tanzer
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hello Tanzer! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! Just a quick correction to your review- We do NOT charge for shuttle to and from the airport and TO the Port Everglades Cruise Port- It is complimentary for all guests that are staying in the hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!