“Hampton Hotel review”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Our stay was very nice with helpful staff in giving directions to stores and airport. The only thing that we would have liked to have was pay per view in the room. Other than that it was a very nice stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank George T
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2013

Hello there George T! Thanks so much for taking a moment to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I am happy that your stay was nice and I do apologize about not having pay per view in the hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Write a ReviewReviews (1,891)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

We stayed here before going on a cruise and it seemed like 95% of the other guests were also in pre-cruise mode! The free airport and cruise terminal shuttle were the deciding factors in selecting this hotel.

The shuttle from the airport took a long time to arrive and was chaotic & over-stuffed. The shuttle to the cruise terminal was 30 minutes late which wasn't terrible but caused some anxiety (we wanted to start our vacation!).

The rooms are plush, clean, and bright with plenty of light. Not specific to this hotel, but I wish that Hampton beds would have several light blankets instead of a thick duvet; we either froze or were too hot.

Wendy's, McDonald's, and a sports bar are within walking distance.

Breakfast was crowded with all the cruisers and the lobby area was packed with luggage and people. It would have been challenging except that everyone was in a good mood as they were going on holiday.

Two tips:

1) The Hampton has an agreement with a shuttle service to take you from the port to the airport. Be sure to ask about it. We didn't find out until after we'd booked with GOAirport, which turned out to be more expensive than the Hampton's option.

2) There's a dollar store in the mall next to the hotel. They have small, light, inflatable life preservers which would come in handy at many of the beaches and it's only $1! The $1 poufs are very handy at scrubbing suntan lotion off while you're on the boat.

I'd give the hotel a higher rating if they had more frequent and organized shuttle service. It's still an excellent place to stay before a cruise--this property has it down to a science.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Member3

Greetings Member3! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am happy that you felt the room was clean , bright and plush! I am sorry that you felt the Duvey was too thick....it is a Hampton Brand Standard to use in the rooms. My apologies that you felt the van ride over from the airport was chaotic and over stuffed! I do have the good fortune of running a very busy cruise port hotel. We do run shuttles to the Port Everglades Port every 45 minutes starting at 10:15 so there is usually plenty of available spaces to sign up for the shuttle. (the Port doesnt want us out there any earlier than that so that guests can disembark before getting slammed with arrivals- They will let taxi's in earlier than that if you need to be there earlier!) Dont forget our shuttle is COMPLIMENTARY if you are a guest in the hotel. I appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed December 11, 2013

My wife and I have been checking into this hotel for the last 5 years before "jumping" on a cruise. As always, exceeded expectations. Everyone from the "Flamingo" shuttle driver to the staff at the hotel were great. I still do not understand people that spend thousands of dollars on a cruise and fly in the same day of a cruise. When you factor in the stress, potentially missing your ship etc., small price to pay. The hotel shuttle picks you up at the airport, drops you off at the hotel and then drops you off next day at the port, all for free! (TIP the Driver, please!!)

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
1  Thank Habsexpos
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Greetings Habsexpos!! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am thrilled that my staff again exceeded your expectations and that the shuttle drivers impressed you! ( and yes..I would think it would be a reasonable expectation that if the driver loads the bags both from the hotel and to the port that a mere dollar or two from everyone should be the minimum as my guys work awfully hard and do work for tips!). Thanks so much for coming back to see us year after year...that is a huge compliment! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel at least 6 times when we are cruising from Fort Lauderdale. They have a shuttle service to and back from airport and use to have a free shuttle to cruise port. They now charge for it. Their breakfast is good and they are next to a shopping center so if you should forget something .you most likely be able to find it there.nwe buy our wine at the grocery store to take aboard.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tanzer
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Hello Tanzer! Thanks for writing a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! Just a quick correction to your review- We do NOT charge for shuttle to and from the airport and TO the Port Everglades Cruise Port- It is complimentary for all guests that are staying in the hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great hotel All Around. Best transfers in the area airport dropoff was so easy and picked up at the cruise port when . Hotel staff friendly and helpful. Clean rooms easy and to get around. Would HIGHLY recommend to other staying in the area!

2  Thank Lyle H

Hello there Lyle H! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful and the shuttle was easy for you! THANKS for saying that you would highly recommend my hotel!! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this Hampton Inn the night before our cruise departed. We arrived at the airport around midnight and we called for the hotel shuttle. It arrived quickly in about 10 minutes. The check-in was fast and easy, the room was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast was good. The shuttle to the cruise port was very convenient. I would definitely stay here again if I went on another cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

5  Thank Lisa P

Greetings Lisa P! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests. I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and comfortable and it sounds like you had a good experience with our shuttle. I do appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Clean, great shuttle service, free breakfast and friendly staff. We will stay here when going on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and recommend it! Shuttle to and from the airport and to and from the cruise port. Reservations for the shuttle can be made at the front desk which helps with the # of travelers needing the shuttle.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank lena11cc
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Howdy Lena11cc! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! WOW! what a super review! I am thrilled that you thought the hotel was clean, the shuttle service was great, and that the hotel staff was very friendly! I truly appreciate your business and would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!