“Consistent Quality and Friendly Staff”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Sacramento, California
“Consistent Quality and Friendly Staff”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

When my wife and I cruise out of Fort Lauderdale, we stay at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port for its proximity to the cruise ship terminals.  Plus, in addition to the free breakfast, the management provides complimentary transportation to/from the airport, as well as transportation from the hotel to the Fort Lauderdale cruise ship terminal.  It is a good travel value for the money.

The Hampton Inn General Manager, Mr. David Blevins, is very responsive to any concerns expressed by his guests.  He genuinely listens to any issues and strives to make things right for the benefit and comfort of his guests.  During our recent visit on 06October2013, my wife and I have witnessed Mr. Blevins "cool and courteous demeanor" while under pressure trying to organize a systematic and fair way to get fifty excitable guests that were restless to get on a shuttle and board their respective cruise ships at the terminal.  After individually answering each question and reassuring his guests that they will have plenty of time to get to their cruise ship, Mr. Blevins indeed got everyone on their way in a timely manner.

Mr. Blevins and his staff have consistently worked hard to provide their guests a comfortable lodging experience, and have safely and successfully transported them to their respective cruise ships.  Of course things will go wrong now and then (any reasonable traveler expects this), but at least we are assured Mr. Blevins will make a reasonable effort to make it right for his guests.  During our travels in and out of the United States, I cannot say that I have had this type of customer service and assurance in other hotels that we have stayed in the past.

It is for the reasons stated above that my wife and I, as well as our family and friends, have chosen to stay at the Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port when visiting, or cruising out of, Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank DancerCommander
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Greetings DanceCommander! WOW!! What a super nice review of my hotel! I truly appreciate your business and you taking the time to give your feedback on your most recent stay with us! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our breakfast, the complimentary shuttles and a special thank you for taking the time to give the ole GM some Kudos! I have been blessed with a Great staff and that makes my job a whole lot easier! Thanks again for your kind words and I would personally like to invite you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Uniontown, Ohio
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Just returned from a 2 day stay at the Hampton inn. We enjoy they quality you get at a Hampton inn. The beds are comfy - breakfast is such a bonus and the staff is always smiling and helpful. We did not use this as a cruise stop over but as a perfect
location for exploring the area after enjoying a football game on Sunday. Would highly recommend coconuts waterfront rest. And shulas' on the beach. Both were pricey but worth a splurge for a special occasion. Would love to come back! The sports bar across the street was fun and reasonable.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank beachlover4551065
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
HI there Beachlover4551065! Thank you very much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We appreciate your business. I am thrilled that you thought the staff was always smiling and helpful as well as our wonderful beds comfortable!! And yes...we are more than just a cruiseport hotel....being only 4 miles from the beach and 3 miles from Los Olas Riverfront....we are perfect for just a weekend getaway!! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Langley
Reviewed October 22, 2013

This hotel exceeded my expectations. The room was comfortable and clean.There were ample well placed lights. I loved the lounge. The airconditioner was quiet and I was able to stay asleep when it came on. The bed was comfortable The bathroom was well laid out and the shower had everything a good shower needs: ample hot water with sufficient pressure, soft water, lots of room and soft big towels. The light switch and fan in the bathroom were independent.There was a clothes closet with iron and ironing board and a large 3 drawer dresser. Since we stayed 3 nites it was good to be able to unpack without space problems. The TV was a 42" HDTV. The desk space was well organized with ample outlets and light. The room was spacious enough to be comfortable for 2 people. Even the room coffee wasn't too bad. The room also had a microwave and frig. The only negative thing I have to say was that I was unable to get the printer in the lobby to work because of the elaborate protection system the computer was equiped with and I could not use my computer to print. A vey satisfactory stay. If I am ever in Ft Lauderdale again I know exactly where I will be staying!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

4 Thank Patricia M
Greetings Patricia M! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. WOW....what a great review! I am ecstatic that you considered your stay to be "Exceptional" and that we exceeded your expectations! You mentioned that the room was clean, air conditioner was quiet and the bed was comfy! I truly appreciate your business and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night before a cruise in 2011 and are looking forward to going back in January 2014. The pink flamingo van picked us up at the airport with very little wait and took us to the hotel. We were early, so the staff let us drop our luggage while we went to look for a bite to eat. There was a shopping center and a couple fast food places within easy walking distance. That night the complimentary shuttle took us to dinner at a nice place right on the water. The room was comfortable and clean. The complimentary shuttle to the cruise port was very much appreciated also. Looking forward to our next stay in January

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Patti T
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Howdy Patti T! I want to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing back from our happy guests! I am so happy that you enjoyed the hotel and had a great experience with our FLAMINGO VANS and our complimentary shuttles! The biggest compliment you gave was saying that you are coming back in 2014!! Thanks for your business....and I guess i dont have to welcome you back...You're already coming back! Whooo Hooo! See you soon!

Nassau, Bahamas
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I stayed in this hotel on the way to Madrid and on the return from there to the Bahamas with my dog. I had an almost perfect experience there due to the staff's friendliness and helpfulness - during a stressful time of traveling with a dog for the first time. I went to the wrong airport and the front desk immediately allowed me to call the Bahamas (I had lost my cell phone) and arranged directions immediately to the new airport which allowed me to get home that day

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Greetings GregNassau_Bah!! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled to hear that your experience was almost perfect due to my staffs friendliness and helpfulness! I am happy that we were able to go the extra mile for you during your stressful timeframe. Thanks so much for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Florence, Alabama
Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had a very pleasant experience with this hotel. We were picked up at the airport and everybody that was in the shuttle was there for a cruise. The driver was very friendly and helpful and even talked to everybody in the shuttle. Check in was quite easy and the room was quite nice. Beds were awesome. Only suggestion I would make was having ice machines on each floor and bacon for breakfast. Otherwise we were very happy with everything else and would come back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello there Amethyst4110 Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am happy that our driver made a positive impression on you and that you thought the beds were awesome! ( I am seeing a trend here!) Thanks for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

St. Thomas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed here 2 days before my cruise and 3 days after my cruise. My first stayed I was on the 2nd floor (212) and my last stay I was on the 3rd floor (322) both rooms was great. I like this hotel the rooms are nice and big jus like the photos its close to many fast food restaurants and a plaza is right across the street. The breakfast was good something to get your morning started. The bed was one of the best I ever slept on it was so comfortable and the front desk staff was very nice and friendly. I would definitely be back when I'm in the area again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SELUECIA D
Hi there Seluecia D! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you thought the front desk was very nice and friendly and that our bed was one of the best beds you have ever slept on! (I love them too!) I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!