“Great place to stay before your cruise!”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great place to stay before your cruise!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on Friday night before our cruise. Typical Hampton experience. Clean rooms, awesome beds, and a great breakfast. Hotel was full but they made sure the extra bed was in our room. The breakfast area was jam packed but the staff kept up with it and it was well stocked. Transportation to the port was quick and painless. Friendly staff and driver too. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Mark M
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Greetings Mark M! Thanks so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the rooms to be clean, the breakfast to be great and the service to be friendly and attentive! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Ontario
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed at this Hampton recently as it offered free shuttle service. Service was great however owners need to invest in some renovations and give this busy hotel a makeover. Business center is poor as access to most sites is restricted especially when you are a cruise port and can't check in for your cruise! Breakfast should be skipped as it needs an overhaul. Night auditor was great - very friendly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Harried_Traveler! Thanks for taking the time to give us a review on Trip Advisor! We do appreciate your business. I am so happy that you found the service to be outstanding! WE do our very best to offer superior customer service! I am sorry that you had issues with our business center. Please in the future just tell the front desk and we will be happy to let you use one of ours in the back if you are having trouble printing things. (being that the busiess center is a public place....we do have to restrict some sites). Thanks for mentioning that our night auditor was very friendly! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
Oklahoma
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice. Once before departing for a cruise, and again as a final stop before flying home. It is clean, comfortable, great internet, friendly staff, and complimentary airport shuttle.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

4 Thank gottogook
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Greetings Gottogook!! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you chose to stay with us AGAIN after being with us last year! THANKS! I am happy that you still found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and that our staff was very friendly! I would love to welcome you back for your THIRD stay on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!...:)

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel is great for travelers who need to transfer from the airport to the cruiseport and not have to rent a car. It is not a great option for the casual tourist in town to visit Ft. Lauderdale and the surrounding area. The hotel itself was somewhat pleasing and as expected for a Hampton Inn. However, what was not expected was the rudeness of the breakfast staff and front desk staff.

The front desk staff did not really seem to care that we were there and that we were HHonors members. It seemed that because we did not book our hotel through Hilton.com, she did not think that she had to treat us in the same fashion. In fact, she literally said: "You only get HHonors benefits if you book through Hilton.com". This blew my mind, especially being the first interaction with the staff and first impression of this hotel. I enjoy Hilton hotels, but this left a sour taste in my mouth.

The breakfast staff was very rude and never mentioned a kind word to either ask us to get out of their way, or respond with a simple thank you for moving out of their way. And one could chalk this up to a person having a bad day. Unfortunately for us, we stayed and ate breakfast 2 mornings and both morning, both staff members we interacted with were the same on both days. Not sure that these staff members know that they are in the "Hospitality Industry"!

I will never stay at this hotel again, nor will I suggest it to anyone. I would rather spend an extra $10 per night somewhere else and feel welcomed and wanted.

3 Thank Pgk1978
Hello PKG 1978! Thanks for giving us your feedback on your last stay with us. We do appreciate your business! My apologies that you seemed to not be happy with your most recent stay with us. I do however want to clarify one point that I am not sure you understand. It is NOT the hotel that says you cannot get your points by booking on a 3rd party site. It is 3rd party's agreement with Hilton that says you get either the low rate (by booking on the 3rd party sight or you get the points by booking with Hilton- unfortunately you cannot have both!). But again...it is not the individual hotels that are making this policy. We at the hotel are merely passing along the policy to the guest so that you are not suprised when you dont get your Hilton Honors points because you booked on these 3rd party sites. Next time, take my business card and call me directly- a lot of times we can match the rates and give you the same rate AND you can get your points if you book with the hotel or if you book on the Hilton.com website! My apologies if this was not explained to you better. We DO appreciate your business...and quite frankly, WE appreciate it whether it is booked on dot coms or booked with Hilton!!! Also my apologies for the poor service in breakfast, I will solve this issue quickly! In the future....PLEASE just ask for a manager....get your problem solved while you are in the hotel......then we will BOTH BE HAPPY!!
Thanks for letting me know and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This hotel has it all! great front desk customer service, HOT breakfast and clean room! WOW! i am a customer for LIFE!!!!! nothing but perfection here. what is not to like about this hotel. I cant believe the service i received and the price i paid. I have nothing bad to say as this is perfect everything!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear ATripAdvisorMember!! WOW!! What a super review! I want to personally thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your last visit to my hotel! I am thrilled that felt the hotel was "Amazing from start to finish"! Thanks for saying that my hotel has GREAT customer service! That is what we strive for each and every day! Huge compliment saying you are a customer for life.....and I would LOVE to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Woodbury, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Leave your worries behind! book here and let them do the rest!! Transportation from airport to hotel, best complimentary breakfast you will find! The rooms are clean and comfortable and the entire staff bends over backwards for you! Conveniently located next to a plaza--where you can walk to the dollar store and pick up last minute what nots before your cruise!There is a sports bar there with great food!!My wife and I loved it!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Pernell G
Dear Pernell G! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean and the "bend over back service" we try to provide! Our breakfast usually gets a lot of positive feedback as well. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Loved the shuttle service to and from the hotel and cruise port. Very organized in getting people to and from in a timely fashion. Breakfast was nice and the employees were friendly. Pool was very clean and quiet. Bedding was white and spotless.

1 Thank Nora W
Dear Nora W! I wanted to THANK you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am so happy that you found the hotel to be clean and quiet as well as a very friendly staff! Sounds like you also had a good experience with the shuttle service! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!