“Good pre-cruise hotel”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The free shuttle that picks you up from the airport & takes you to the port makes this a great pre-cruise choice. The room was standard. The bathroom could use some updating. It is located near a run-down shopping center with stores & restaurants. We were worried about food choices since we are vegetarians & most places near are fast food. Luckily, we tried Slackers Bar & Grill. It looks seedy from the outside but inside it is new & clean. We had great veggie sandwiches & the best french fries! My only complaint was breakfast. Hard-boiled eggs! I sure don't want them for breakfast. I also would like to see hotels offer yogurt that isn't "light". Coffee was good. The ladies working the desk were polite & helpful.

2  Thank jojol
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Greetings HWilliams96!! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel!! Thanks also for coming back to see us! I am thrilled that you thought the friendliness of the staff was fantastic! I am happy that your whole group found the accomodations to be very nice. Slackers is a good place to have lunch or dinner...(Great Onion Rings and burgers!!) I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The shuttle comes regularly. The staff are friendly. There's a bunch of stores just across the street in case you forgot something. The staff are helpful. On our first leg of our jaunt they neglected to tell us there's an inexpensive bus service. At the end of our holiday the clerk (a different one) mentioned that. So you can take a trip to the central part of the city. It's conveniently located and we walked EVERYWHERE the first part. Good breakfast. Some fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, toast eggs and of course Belgian waffles. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Eileen L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Greetings EileenL!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you found the staff to be very friendly, the shuttle to be of great value and the strip mall next door to have all the items you would need for a Vacation! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Great hotel with services. Breakfast available items were great. Would stay there again. Very close to FLL Fort Lauderdale Airport. They also offer free van service to Airport and Ship Docks. The parking area is also convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Hello there William P! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to let our future guests know that you had a nice stay with us! I am very happy that you felt the hotel was great and that we offered many services! You mentioned breakfast was good and you had a good experience with our shuttle service. The biggest compliment was that you said you would be happy to return! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel had a shuttle to and from the fll airport. That is why I choose it. It was clean. There was a fast food restaurant in walking distance across the parking lot. There was a strip mall also walking distance. Some people, depending on your background, may find the area unsafe LOOKING but it was very safe for two single women walking to the strip mall. We felt very safe in the hotel itself of course. The room was nice and clean. It was quiet. No noise even though we were in a room near the elevator. I would definitely stay here again for a one or two night stay or for a business stay. I wouldn't use it for a week long vacation because of the location. There is nothing but the strip mall in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank tdatiger
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2013

Hello there Tdatiger! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you found the hotel room to be clean and very quiet! Thanks also for your comments about the area, I agree....there is nothing wrong with the area....it is a typical airport/cruiseport area...more industrial than high end....but absolutely NOTHING unsafe about it! I am glad that as two single ladys traveling by yourselves....you felt safe in the area! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Bad amnesties and bad Room maintenance. Very bad breakfast quality.Not comfortable at all. Very bad Pool maintenance. Not comfortable bed to sleep.Very darky rooms, no ventilation, bad air quality in room. Very bad lighting. Not even close to Hilton standards.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank shreenivasb2015
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Hello and thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback on your most recent stay. My apologies that you were not happy with your stay with us. We do strive to offer the best value and service in the area. I certainly wish we had been given an opportunity to fix any of the issues that you had during your stay- I was here during your stay and I was never contacted. Again, that is what the GM is for....you let me know the issues...I get them solved for you!
Thanks for your business and we hope to see you again

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was looking for a hotel to stay in for one night that was a reasonable price, would take care of airport and cruise port transfers, and had a free breakfast. This hotel met all those requirements. My stay with my wife was short, only one night, and we got in late, but it met our needs, and we had no problems. The lobby and rooms were all nice and clean. The hotel staff was friendly, even recommending a place that would deliver food at 2am when we were hungry and tired after a long trip. The lobby gets a little crowded in the morning when everyone is getting ready for the shuttle to cruise ships, but the hotel manages this well. It's not in the best area of town, but if it's only for overnight from plane to ship, then it's a great deal!

1  Thank Joshua K

Hello there Joshua K! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our happy guests! I am thrilled that you found the lobby and the rooms to be very clean and that you thought the staff was very friendly and accomodating! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed June 13, 2013

We stayed here overnight after our cruise, really nice hotel, comfortable bed and room really clean and nice. Had a good size bathroom. The hot breakfast buffet was good also, with a lot of choices to choose from. The only thing I was disappointed about was the fact that there is really no restaurants close by, other than McDonald's (which is really small inside and crowded) and Wendy's.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MinnieMc57
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Greetings A Trip Advisor Member! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you found the room clean, the bed comfy and you also seemed to enjoy the breakfast! You mentioned area restaurants....I just wanted to remind you that right next door in the plaza, there is a Thai restaurant, a Sports Bar and a German Restaurant- so there is definately places to go if you are hungry! Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!