“Nothing but good to report here”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Forestburg
“Nothing but good to report here”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We checked in on Christmas day, late in the evening, the staff was ready for us, the room, clean, large and comfortable. The breakfast area was always busy at this time of year but there was always a full stock of things to choose. The last day we actually went out and sat around the pool. The free shuttle to the airport was a real plus. Slackers bar in the strip mall has great food and cheap drinks for happy hour. We stayed 3 nights before our ship sailed. We would definitely stay here again, thank you

1 Thank karen075
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello there Karen075! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you enjoyed our large, clean and comfortable room! Also happy to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast and had a nice experience at Slackers (the sports bar next door)- they have some GREAT onion rings!! One of the biggest compliments you gave us was saying that you would definately come back to my hotel. I would love to welcome you back on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
cleveland, OH, USA
Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here prior to a cruise in early Dec. We were so delighted to find a convenient property with a free shuttle from the airport AND to the cruise port. Pick up at the airport was easy--can't miss those pink flamingos on top of the shuttle! Our driver, Michael, was very nice and informative.
The room was quiet & comfortable.
We walked to the mall across the side street, 30 yards from the hotel, and picked up wine & soda for the cruise. We also ate dinner at the best little Thai restaurant.
Cruise day was hectic, as to be expected, but the shuttle system ran beautifully.
We love cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale, and we'll be back............This hotel makes it sooooo easy!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Hello Blakescakes! Thanks so much for giving my hotel a nice review on Trip Advisor! I am so happy that you found the room to be quiet and comfortable and it sounds like you enjoyed the Thai restaurant! ( I love that place!!) I am also glad that Michael took good care of you and was very informative. He does a nice job for us. The biggest compliment was the statement that we are your official "go to hotel for cruises"!! I truly appreciate your business and want to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

David Blevind
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Clean rooms, affordable, and free shuttle. They have a very distinctive shuttle that literally has plastic pink flamingos on top of it. Very easy to spot at the airport. Had to wait a bit at the airport for the shuttle to arrive but we weren't in a hurry. Check in went fine and I asked to be put on the shuttle schedule to take us to the marina the next day. Only complaint there is that we had to wait 40 minutes after our designated time for the shuttle to arrive. No complaints once it did arrive. The shuttle to the marina was not the same hotel shuttle, but looked to be from another private company as they offered to pick up when we returned from our cruise. We didn't find too many places available to eat but there was a great little restaurant located in the strip mall just across the street from the hotel. The area isn't the greatest and I don't think I would walk too far at night as I saw quite of few homeless people near the strip mall. But, it was a great hotel, great price, and I would definitely stay there again!

2 Thank nipigongirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Hello Nipigongirl! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us a nice review on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business and love hearing from our wonderful guests. I am very happy that you found the rooms to be clean, the price to be affordable, and had a good experience with our complimentary shuttle. Just so you know, there are many places to eat next door in our plaza....a Thai restaurant, German, and even a sports bar(not to mention, Subway, Chinese and Wendys). Also we have had no issue with any homeless folks or any guests being harassed, but I do realize in this economy.....unfortunately, there will be homeless individuals just about anywhere that you go. Again, I truly appreciate your business and want to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights before a Christmas/New Years cruise. It was a very reasonable price and they allowed me to park my car while on the cruise. I also took advantage of their free shuttle to the cruise terminal at Port Everglades.The Hotel was very busy due to the holiday season, however, the service was polite, efficient and friendly. The only negative was the note found on my car window after my cruise, from the local Police department advising me not to leave any valuables in view although my car was totally empty. This note made me wonder if they have a theft problem in this location.

The Room was spotless and the beds were comfortable. Internet access was free. The free hot breakfast was more than adequate, (with both hot and cold choices), although it was very crowded due to the time of year. The shuttle to the cruise port was fast, friendly and efficient. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

4 Thank MemberToronto_Canada
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Greetings MemberToronto_C! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from all our Canadian Friends! I am thrilled that you had a good stay with us and you thought the room was spotless, breakfast was good, and the shuttle met your needs. The note on your car is merely a proactive stance by the Fort Lauderdale Police to remind all cruise guests that the "Bad Guy" wont break in....if you dont give him a reason to (GPS sitting on the dash....computer in the back seat, ect...). They put reminders on all cruise port hotels just to help out (not to mention the fact that we appreciate their presence in our area to prevent any michief!). Thanks for the review and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Sutton, Canada
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Nice hotel that was not badly priced at all in the popular cruise port location. Great room, great sleep, clean and comfy. Breakfast was great, lots of choice and LOTS of room. Busy hotel. Recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank ThePiratesPaw
AYE MATEY!! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am so happy that you thought the room was great, that the hotel was clean and that breakfast was good! Thank you for saying that you would recommend my hotel. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

dunblane scotland
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Stayed here before our cruise in Nov. Very good stay, excellent price for us. The 2 girls on the reception desk were more than helpful. They arranged for us to be dropped of at a restaurant they said we should try then picked us up again. The trip to & from the cruise port on their shuttle bus with the flamingos on the roof made sure we spotted it when it came to pick us up on our return. Quick mention for the driver, Patrick great guy - very chatty. Would definitely stay again no problem

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank johndunblane
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Greetings my Scottish friends! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business! I am very happy that you thought the value was outstanding at my hotel and that you found my 2 "girls" at the front desk to be very helpful! It also sounds like Patrick made a positive impression on you as well! ( Patrick is a 2 time winner of our Employee of the year....he does a FANTASTIC JOB for us!). Thanks for your business and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn for 3 nights in early December following a transatlantic cruise and prior to flying home, we had a wonderful stay.
There was a mix up in our pick-up arrangements from the cruise terminal (our fault) but one phone call to the hotel sorted it out and we were picked up very shortly afterwards. This was handled excellently by the duty staff and we found their attitude and professionalism throughout our stay to a very high standard. Well done!
We were allocated a first floor room, located on the balcony overlooking the main reception and above the breakfast area. There was an element of noise from people checking in, having coffee etc, but nothing bad enough to prevent us sleeping. However, the room was very comfortable with excellent facilities.
Breakfast was very good with a decent selction of food available. Again, the staff working this area were excellent. Coffee was available all day in this area which was a good touch. There was free internet access along the corridor from the reception which was also very handy.
We had hired a car for the duration of our stay so getting around for us wasn't a problem, although I would imagine travel to downtown areas, shopping malls etc would be difficult for people without their own transport. There were no problems parking at the hotel, with plenty of well illuminated parking spaces available.
The only minor problem we had was with the room access cards which ceased to work any time we left the room for the day. However, they were replaced by the staff immediately we reported the problem.
We would most definitely stay there on any future trip to Fort Lauderdale, we had an excellent stay at an excellent hotel with excellent staff. What more could you ask for?

Room Tip: Some noise in first floor rooms located on the balcony overlooking the main reception area.