Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
$259
$223
Marriott Hotels
  • Beachfront
Sonesta Fort Lauderdale Beach(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Pool
Pier Sixty-Six Hotel & Marina(Fort Lauderdale)(Great Value!)
$114
$98
Official Site
$203
Orbitz.com
$201
$139
2,023 results
All reviewscruise portstrip mallpink flamingosdavid blevinsbig lotsfront deskshuttle servicedollar storefree shuttlenext morningwinn dixielast minute itemsfree breakfastlauderdale airportthe breakfast areagreat place to stayacross the street
Reviewed December 4, 2012

Booked for a pre and post cruise stay, front desk was very accommodating considering how many people go through this place as a stepping stone to a cruise. We arrived around noon, and didn't have a room available due to max capacity of rooms booked, and check in wasn't till 3, front desk offered to store our luggage in the office till at least one of our 3 rooms was ready. By the time we booked our shuttle to go to Sawgrass Mills Mall, they had one room ready. Michael (a Cdn living in Ft. Lauderdale)the shuttle guy was great-on the way to the hotel he reminded us to pre book our shuttle to the terminal the next day so we won't have to wait. Only complaint is that booking a shuttle to the airport, told the lady that we wanted 9:30am, didn't find out till the next morning at 9:35 wondering where the shuttle was, the front desk woman told me that it was booked for 9:00 and we missed it. Instead of saying "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" she stood there insisting that it was me who booked the wrong time. But other than that experience, considering the amount of people front desk has to deal with on a daily basis, it was a positive experience.

1  Thank familyfun2005
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Greetings Familyfun2005! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice trip advisor about my hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I am thrilled that you had a great experience while in the hotel. I am happy you enjoyed Micheal- he is a good employee! I do apologize for the misunderstanding about the airport shuttle and you are correct, we should have apologized for the inconvenience and just figured out how to get you on the next shuttle! I will coach for better service. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed December 1, 2012

My car was broken into during my stay here in full view of the front desk. My elderly mother and I also had a horrible experience with the shuttle.We waited for an hour at the cruise terminal while multiple shuttles from the hotel drove by and the drivers sent us running from one end of the site to the other for a pick up. I finally had to stand in the road to make the driver stop before my mother passed out. When we got in, the driver had obviously been bad mouthing us to the other passengers. Totally rude and unprofessional. And dangerous.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Crime central.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Kim,
I am perplexed by your Trip Advisor Review. Perhaps it is for another property? We have not had a car break in on our property reported to me in the last few months. I doubt that anyone would have their car broken into and not report it to our insurance company! (any experience that a guest has like this should have the police called immediately and file an insurance claim to protect yourself- none of us want these kinds of things to happen....but the "bad guy" IS out there and bad things happen to good people every day) I am sorry about your experience and I welcome you to contact me directly if you want to verify that this is the case or would like to speak with me directly. I am also sorry to hear about your bad experience having to wait for a shuttle- it it pretty standard wait time to take somewhere between 30 minutes to an hour to get folks picked up out at the cruise port. Dont forget that Port Everglades is the 2nd busiest port and can be unusually busy on the weekends. We truly do our best to get everyone picked up as quickly as possible, but keep in mind....there are hundreds of folks that may have gotten off the ship before you and called for a pick up- they would have priority over you and need to be picked up first. Again, I am sorry to hear about your experience and please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to speak with me.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port prior to an 11/11 cruise departure and had a great experience. We walked across the street to Slackers to watch the college football games. Being a Packers fan, finding out that we were in a Packers bar was an added bonus! The rooms were great for the price and the service level and the breakfast was excellent. Other reviewers comments are right on... the staff make this hotel the great place that it is. The one hiccup would be that our flight arrived at FLL during the hotel shuttle's busy port pick-up/drop-off time which would have meant waiting for an hour+ to be picked up at the airport at no cost. Instead, we decided to pay the $15-$20 for a cab ride. The next day, as we were being taken to the port, another guest told us they had the same experience, but were reimbursed for the cab expense. We weren't told we could do that so missed on on that small savings, but it's nice to know the hotel is that considerate!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank sc34247
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Greetings SC34247! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We sincerely love hearing feedback from our fantastic guests! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and even made it to Slackers right next door. (They have the best Onion Rings!) I really appreciate you mentioning that the staff made the hotel "Great" for your. I have been blessed to have a wonderful staff that tries really hard to make everyones stay the best it can be! I do apologize about the wait for the shuttle....it looks like you might have come during our busiest cruise day of the year and we had everyone arriving at the same time! It hardly ever happens like that, but that day kept us running! (Although we tend NOT to pay for cabs due to offering a free shuttle, on occasion if the wait time is unusually high, we may offer that to guests that have special needs and have to get to the hotel quicker). Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Busiest cruise day of year-- yet the hotel was very organized to get us there. They kept us updated on schedule as there was a lot of construction near port.
Rooms were clean & comfortable. Breakfast service was very nice,-- friendly service

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DHgardener

Hi there Diane h! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write us a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am very happy that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thanks for your kind words about us being organized during the busiest cruise day of the year! ( I am sure it sometimes appears to be organized Chaos- but we do our very best to get everyone to the port on time!). Being a SENIOR CONTRIBUTOR, I really appreciate your feedback and do thank you for your business! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the reviews and the shuttle to the cruise port.The shuttle was fast and on time; other than that, we were not impressed with hotel, especially at $199/ night. We would stay at another hotel near the beach and pay for a taxi next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Trvlgrl78, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your last stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our previous guests. I am happy to hear that the shuttle was fast and on time. I am however sorry to hear that you would rate your stay as "just ok"! Unfortunately your review didnt give me any additional feedback or reasons why other than the price fo $199 (which implies to me that you booked late and booked on a busy cruise weekend! - the best way to get the best prices are to book early) In the future please just ask for me and feel free to share any way that I can help you have a better stay, we want all of our guests to have a happy stay! Also feel free to contact me and share any additional feedback that you have. Thanks for letting us know.