“Great place to stay pre/post cruise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #14 of 135 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Muncie, Indiana
“Great place to stay pre/post cruise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friend and I stayed at the Hampton Inn North Cruise Port prior to an 11/11 cruise departure and had a great experience. We walked across the street to Slackers to watch the college football games. Being a Packers fan, finding out that we were in a Packers bar was an added bonus! The rooms were great for the price and the service level and the breakfast was excellent. Other reviewers comments are right on... the staff make this hotel the great place that it is. The one hiccup would be that our flight arrived at FLL during the hotel shuttle's busy port pick-up/drop-off time which would have meant waiting for an hour+ to be picked up at the airport at no cost. Instead, we decided to pay the $15-$20 for a cab ride. The next day, as we were being taken to the port, another guest told us they had the same experience, but were reimbursed for the cab expense. We weren't told we could do that so missed on on that small savings, but it's nice to know the hotel is that considerate!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank sc34247
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Greetings SC34247! Thanks so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We sincerely love hearing feedback from our fantastic guests! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay and even made it to Slackers right next door. (They have the best Onion Rings!) I really appreciate you mentioning that the staff made the hotel "Great" for your. I have been blessed to have a wonderful staff that tries really hard to make everyones stay the best it can be! I do apologize about the wait for the shuttle....it looks like you might have come during our busiest cruise day of the year and we had everyone arriving at the same time! It hardly ever happens like that, but that day kept us running! (Although we tend NOT to pay for cabs due to offering a free shuttle, on occasion if the wait time is unusually high, we may offer that to guests that have special needs and have to get to the hotel quicker). Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Farmington Hills, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Busiest cruise day of year-- yet the hotel was very organized to get us there. They kept us updated on schedule as there was a lot of construction near port.
Rooms were clean & comfortable. Breakfast service was very nice,-- friendly service

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane H
Hi there Diane h! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write us a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am very happy that you found the rooms to be clean and comfortable. Thanks for your kind words about us being organized during the busiest cruise day of the year! ( I am sure it sometimes appears to be organized Chaos- but we do our very best to get everyone to the port on time!). Being a SENIOR CONTRIBUTOR, I really appreciate your feedback and do thank you for your business! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Bethany, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We chose this hotel because of the reviews and the shuttle to the cruise port.The shuttle was fast and on time; other than that, we were not impressed with hotel, especially at $199/ night. We would stay at another hotel near the beach and pay for a taxi next time.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Trvlgrl78, I wanted to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on your last stay with us. We do appreciate hearing from our previous guests. I am happy to hear that the shuttle was fast and on time. I am however sorry to hear that you would rate your stay as "just ok"! Unfortunately your review didnt give me any additional feedback or reasons why other than the price fo $199 (which implies to me that you booked late and booked on a busy cruise weekend! - the best way to get the best prices are to book early) In the future please just ask for me and feel free to share any way that I can help you have a better stay, we want all of our guests to have a happy stay! Also feel free to contact me and share any additional feedback that you have. Thanks for letting us know.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed at this Hampton Inn pre-cruise on 11/3 and post cruise on 11/11. Both were great! Staff is really fantastic including shuttle drivers. They have a lot of people that stay here before/after cruises and with the volume of people they handle it is great! On our return I had gotten ill on the boat the evening before and Diane at the desk remembered us from pre-cruise and took immediate care of us and got me settled in a room so I could rest. She didn't have to but that just shows the level of service they would offer to anyone and everyone. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel and commend the staff (including the shuttle drivers) for having great attitudes! The fact they will shuttle you between the airport & cruise port both before and after your cruise is a great amenity. They also will gladly shuttle you to restaurants within a 2 or 3 mile radius which we took advantage of and is a great amenity as well!
I think this property is a great value for location and amenities. Thanks again to the entire staff for making our stay a great one, especially Diane for looking out for me on my return!
Kev & Ray

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank Kevin L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Howdy Kev and Ray! I wanted to personally thank you for your FANTASTIC review of my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate our guests and love hearing feedback after you stay with us. I am thrilled that Diane took such great care of you and made such a nice impression on you! She is a fantastic employee and she works very hard to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay. I am also very proud that you found all my employees to have a "Great Attitude" and found them to be helpful. I am very blessed to have a great staff and happy to have them! Thanks again for your kind comments and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

McDonough, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Only stayed one night in order to catch an early flight; but the room was nice and bed was comfortable. The staff was attentive. It was dark when we arrived and dark when we left; but the neighborhood seemed a little sketchy. I never felt unsafe around the hotel; but I would not have walked down the street at night either.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Allaboutthedetails
Greetings Allaboutthedetails- I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate our guest feedback. It sounds like you found the room to be clean and nice and that you enjoyed our beds! (we get more positive compliments about our beds than just about anything!) I am also happy that our staff was very attentive and took care of your needs. We also have lots of our guests that walk next door to our plaza for dinner or for some shopping and have never had any issues. (also keep in mind that our shuttle will take you within a mile of the hotel as well if you prefer not to walk a night).
Thanks again for your review and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Sherwood Park, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 pre-cruise night. The location is good with a free shuttle to/from airport and cruise port. The rooms are clean and the free breakfast is decent with a waffle maker. There is a charge for wifi but there is free wifi at the McDonald's a short walk away. There is a strip mall next door with supermarket, Wendy's, liquor store, clothing and dollar store. There is no restaurant on the premises but they will shuttle you to one nearby.

The service here from the reception staff is awesome. My dad's bag was lost by united airlines and the staff were great at directing us to stores that we could replace some stuff prior to getting in the ship. The shuttle driver took us to a Walgreens in the morning a mile away. I noticed the driver in the store while we were shopping so I asked him if he had some shopping too. He told us he was just hanging out and waiting until we were done so he could drive us back. This was highly unexpected as we were planning in walking back.

The hotel is just the same as any other Hampton Inn but the staff there elevate it to a whole other level. I would love to return there just to see the genuinely friendly people we met who work there. We were never prompted for tips like many other tourist services in Florida, so we happily tipped them all well. Other hotels should send their staff their to take notes.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Yysguy
How ya's doin Yysguy? ....:) I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am very pleased that you were happy with the cleanliness of the room and enjoyed the breakfast. I am THRILLED that my staff made such a good impression upon you and am smiling at your statement "other hotels should send their staffs to take notes"! WOW...now thats high praise! Thank you for your kind words, I will print this one out for my staff to see! It was our sincere pleasure to take care of you and i would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Leetonia, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We stayed here on 11/11 after a cruise. The hotel when we got there was packed with people waiting on shuttles to take them to cruise port. We arrived at about 11-1130. We waited until 2pm for a room. Could not drop off luggage and go, no more room. So we waited. Got room around 2pm. Room was clean, but could use some updating. Ask for a room away from elevators, could here it running at times. Went to one of the recommended restaurant in the area, Slackers, was very pleased with food. Sports bar and since it was Sunday, my husband was thrilled to find football on every TV. Went back to hotel and set by pool for our last night of good weather for a while (came home to 35degrees), however had to go inside because of people smoking around pool, would prefer a non-smoking hotel. We would stay here again, but if the lobby on Sunday was any indication of how long their shuttle service takes, I would probably take a taxi to cruise port. People were still waiting at 2pm for shuttle. Staff very friendly. Nice that coffee is left out at all times, we are all coffee drinkers and were able to enjoy in evening while playing cards.

Room Tip: stay away from elevators, a little noisy and can be heard in room if you are next to them. AC was qu...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
DavidBlevins, Assistant General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Jodi R,

Thank you for your review of our hotel! We appreciate all of the comments you submitted! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here. Our weekends are definitely very busy, but we strive to serve all of our guests in a timely and friendly manner. We are glad that despite the crowds you had a fantastic time! Our staff here is phenomenal, and willing to help you with anything that you need, and I am happy you found that to be the case. We hope to see you again soon on your next trip to Florida! Have a wonderful day!

Sarah Kach