Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Little Egg Harbor
“great stay!”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

My wife and I flew in to Ft. Lauderdale a day before our cruise and experienced a great stay at this hotel. Dianne, Yazmir and Sarah helped us make this overnight stay a very memorable and pleasant experience. We were treated as valued customers and were treated in a highly professional, friendly, and courteous manner. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. We were picked up at the airport and brought to the hotel, were given a good continental breaskfast, and brought to the cruise port the following morning. We definitely will stay here again!!!

Dan & Karen K

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dlk4vr
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Hello Dan and Karen K! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our happy guests! I am VERY HAPPY that Diane, Yazmir and Sarah helped make your stay with us memorable! They are all great employees and do their very best to help our guests have the best stay possible. Thanks again for your business and thanks for your review. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Following TAs' reviews and finding a good promotion on a hotels site, we decided for this hotel. Another important reason to us, was, that the hotel provides a computer near the lobby, where I could check the internet.
We were initially looking in the Plantation area, but the prices seemed quite expensive. As I know the area and we had a car, I had no problems on booking here, knowing that I was just a few miles away of shopping areas (Sawgrass, Plantation and Ft. Lauderdale). Near the hotel we can easily get either I-95 and/or I-595 and the surrounding area seemed OK.
We were happy with the room, the breakfast, the cleaning of the room and common areas. The reception staff was very polite (as expected), but nevertheless it is worth to mention.
We never saw the usual confusion in the lobby area, which is so common in the Plantations' hotels, so here was even better.
I can not comment on things that I didn't use, like the internet (wifi), fitness center, the shuttle and the pool.
On the last day, the receptionist gave us some extra time after the check-out time, which made a huge (positive) difference for our subsequent travel arrangements.
I hope to stay at this hotel again, on a future visit to Florida.

Room Tip: Before booking I called the hotel in advance and found out that the King rooms had a microwave and a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Icha
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Hi there ICHA! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I always love hearing from our fabulous guests! I am thrilled that you were very happy with the cleanliness of the room, the common areas and had a great experience with my staff. I am also glad that you found our location to be easy to navigate to the malls (being within a half mile of I-95, you can get anywere in Fort Lauderdale very easy from my hotel!) I would love to have you stay at my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

LARGO
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel the night before our cruise. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Our special thanks to Sarah who was very helpful. And thanks again to the shuttle driver who took us to the port and picked us up at the end of our cruise. We chose this hotel because we could leave our car there for the duration of our cruise at a nominal cost and because we like the Hampton Inns. We would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James C
Hello there Lynn C! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We always love hearing from our wonderful guests after a stay with us! I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay and seemed to be happy with the value of being able to park your car here for a small fee while you were on your cruise. I am Extremely happy that Sarah made enough of an impression on you to have you mention her- she is our new Assistant GM and doing a GREAT JOB!! Thank again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Monticello, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Staff was friendly and very proactive ! Facilities were clean and well maintained, decor was attractive and simple, breakfast offerings were good quality and presented well. Highly commend Sarah at front desk for being friendly, helpful and appropriately assertive in getting lots of cruisers loaded onto shuttles for the cruiseport. Artim was another great staffer with a exceptional "can do" attitude. Also they not only recommended good restaurant (Rendevous) but provided transportation to the place. Was nice to have a shopping area close to pick up last minute toiletries, etc. If you're headed out to cruise choose this place...It's.GREAT!! S. Kirst

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sally K
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Greetings Sally K! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business and love hearing from our guests. I am thrilled that you found the hotel to be clean and well maintained! I am also VERY happy that both Sarah and Arkim made a great impression on you during your stay- they are both Fantastic employees and I am proud you came across many "Can Do" attitudes! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I stay at this location whenever I am in Fort Lauderdale. It is much better than the other places I have stayed there. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is clean. The location is great being so close to the airport, quick bites to eat, and the cruise ports.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Jennifer N
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Hello there Jennifer N! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly appreciate your business and love hearing from our guests! I am very happy that you found the hotel to be clean and thought our staff was very friendly. I also enjoy your fine city and come every now and then for Mardi Gras! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Again, Hilton properties have created a standard to meet. Tough to be exceptional if it meets that. Maybe I'm too harsh in rating places, but if they meet expectations do they deserve a very good rating? Probably should be 3.5 or average plus, but the little things make me give it 4. Staff was great, very friendly and moved us through check in quickly. Room was just as expected, though opening the doors became a short adventure as you have to lift up instead of down to open. Breakfast, again just as our expect, though no juice machine, but in south Florida you get guava as an option, nice choice! Will complain that they ran out of fresh cookies last night, pretty bummed out there! Would consider staying again when in the area, as its very convenient to restaurants and the airport.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank David L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Greetings DavidL! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We truly appreciate your business. I am thrilled that you said our staff made the difference in your rating of my hotel- that means a lot to us! I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our Guava offering at breakfast! We find it to be a yummy alternative to the standard flavors of juice that you get at most places. I am however sorry to hear that we did not get you any cookies! They do go quickly when we put them out....but PLEASE....ask us for more if you miss out!! We definately do not have any trouble making more to handle that craving....when ya just gotta have a cookie! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Well where do I start... Great staff..treated like a king...great breakfast choices..excellent Internet and the mini buses that transported us to restaurants etc etc .. Good job guys, when I'm in Fort Lauderdale I know where I will be staying again..

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank vlandren
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Greetings Vlandren! Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly love hearing from our wonderful guests! (especially our friends from "Down Under"!) I am thrilled that you felt you were treated like a King- WOW...now THATS....great service! You also mentioned the breakfast and the internet was good and you enjoyed the transportation to area restaurants. Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!