“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Brisbane, Australia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Well where do I start... Great staff..treated like a king...great breakfast choices..excellent Internet and the mini buses that transported us to restaurants etc etc .. Good job guys, when I'm in Fort Lauderdale I know where I will be staying again..

7 Thank vlandren
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Greetings Vlandren! Thank you so much for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly love hearing from our wonderful guests! (especially our friends from "Down Under"!) I am thrilled that you felt you were treated like a King- WOW...now THATS....great service! You also mentioned the breakfast and the internet was good and you enjoyed the transportation to area restaurants. Thanks again for your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Dickson, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed here before driving to Miami for a cruise. They offered park and cruise service but we had made previous plans. Spacious rooms, clean, friendly staff, good breakfast. The only draw back was road construction near and made navigating a challenge. We would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mcclurkans
Hello there Mcclurkans! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We always love hearing from our previous guests! I am happy that you found our rooms to be clean and spacious, our staff to be friendly, and sounds like you had a hearty breakfast! We truly appreciate your business and I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

booked hotel oct 6-8 post cruise. Diane.Yasmir and ALL were fantastic. I had a great time at night with diane and we had great laughs. this hotel is beautiful and me and the twin girls and her friend really enjoyed the help they gave guiding us where to go.beautiful clean hotel with superb breakfast and really organized shuttle service. they even kept our luggages (all 6 of them) we were 4 people.the mall was very convenient to walk to and eat or shop and evething is at a taxi service away. Howard our personal driver was funny and we got a real kick out of him. great great hotel for pre-post and even weekly stays. we are VERY VERY VERY glad we chose this hotel. NOT one regret. now the whole family wants to go back to fll just to stay at this hotel for the very friendly and family like atmosphere and very warm welcoming. thank u for making our end of our vacation a extremely pleasant stay and it made our return to reality less painful. P.S next time the chips are on u but ill buy supper for the gang. hows that. thanks guys.

Room Tip: we had room 221 and it was just fine. who wants to spend time in a room when u have great staff to h...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank dora155032
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Hello Dora155032, Greetings my Canadian friends! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel! We truly appreciate your business. I am so happy that Diane and Yazmir made such a positive impression on you and glad they took care of you and gave you great advice on what to do in Beautiful Fort Lauderdale! They are both great employees that always go the extra mile. Sounds like you also had a good experience with our shuttle service as well. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed here for one night before a cruise on Oasis of the Seas. The shuttle from the airport was quick. As in any Hampton Inn I've ever stayed in the rooms are nice, and the beds are some of the best in this category hotel! When on trips I usually aim for the Hampton Inn's just because I know the mattress will be like heaven.

The little breakfast is just what you are expecting from a Hampton, ok but not awesome. Hey, its a free breakfast come on! Plus, since we were going on a cruise, all we had was some OJ and a light snack anyway.

The shuttle to the cruise terminal is PHENOMENAL! All you do is sign up at the front desk, they run the shuttle basically all day, and they let you sign up for specific times. This really alleviates crowding and people trying to force their way into the vans. When we stayed they had two vans running, and they just came into the lobby and would say "10 am shuttle" and check people off the list as they got in line. The driver we had was funny, and knew a ton about the cruise ships and the port.

There is not much around this hotel to see during the daytime, so if you get in early the day before the cruise, I would suggest taking a cab or shuttle company to downtown or one of the beautiful beaches. Not very expensive to do, and walking along the canal downtown with all the yachts moored is pretty cool.

We would definitely stay here again if we take another cruise from FLL.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank nhcruising
Hi there nhcruising! I wanted to thank you for writing such a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our fabulous guests that have enjoyed our hotel. I am thrilled that you found our hotel to be "the perfect pre cruise hotel"!! WOW...now thats an endorsement! It sounds like you enjoyed our beds....they are comfy aren't they? Thanks also for the nice comments about the shuttle and the short distance to the beach or the intercoastal. One of the biggest compliments we get is when guests state that they would stay with us again! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very clean hotel and yes they have transportation, but nothing in the area to do. So if you get in early you can not enjoy walking area, or beach activities. Next time we are enjoying the beach for a day. They took us to a restaurant that was terrible to eat also!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Geethree018
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Greetings Geetthree 018! I wanted to thank you for your feedback on your most recent stay with us. We always appreciate hearing from our guests after they stay. I am very happy that you found the hotel and the room to be VERY CLEAN! You also mentioned that you had a good experience with our shuttle that will take you within a mile of the hotel for free. I am however disappointed that you were not happy with the area. Like most Airport / Cruise Port hotels, we are in an industrial area that is incredibly close to the airport and cruise port (2 miles). We are however only 3 miles from the Los Olas restaurant and shopping district, 4 miles from the Fort Lauderdale Beach, and just a few miles from major malls- not to mention that right next door within walking distance, there is a plaza that has 3 restaurants, a grocery store, Big Lots, and a Bealls outlet. We have heard positive feedback from most of our guest that find our location to be close to everything without having to pay $300 a night to be on the beach. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!
Wasaga Beach, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton Inn Ft Lauderdale Airport North on Sept. 15th/ 2012 before boarding The Allure Of The Seas, and believe us when we say "There's No Better Way To Start A Cruise!"

Front desk couldn't do enough for us - THANKS Alejandra & Yazmir!
The shuttle driver, Michael was outstanding & over the top! - Thanks Michael!
Even the manager is approachable!

The cruise ship terminal is mere minutes away, so it's perfect!

Give yourself a break travellers, save time, & book this efficient, clean, & friendly hotel at once!

Rete & Pete

Room Tip: Any one of their rooms is great, because if you're not happy with it, they'll fix it!
3 Thank Rete P
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Hello there Rete P! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review about my hotel! We always love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am thrilled that 3 members of my staff made such a great impression on you as to mention them! Alejandra, Yazmir and Michael all do a great job for the hotel! I am also thankful that you found the GM "approachable"!! I am always here to help or to offer anything that you may need, just ask for me! I also would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2012

We originally booked 2 days stay in this hotel pre-cruise. Unfortunately, I caught a stomach flu from drinking the ice water at Sawgrass Mills Mall and was denied boarding to the cruise. David, the manager, helped us a lot for our extended 7 nights stay at the hotel. Staff Yazmir and driver Patrick were friendly and helpful. The driver was able to send me to the Broward emergency and pharmacy nearby. Thank you to all Hampton staff!
I do not recommend the thai food restaurant across the hotel. Their prices are high but the quantity was minimal. They modified the visa bill to add $6 extra tips without our permission!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank O L
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Hello there O L! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to let everyone know that you had a great stay at my hotel. We truly appreciate your business! I was so sorry to hear that they would not let you on the cruise, we felt so bad that you and your family paid all that money and were unable to go! We were thrilled however, to have you stay with us for the week and I am happy that you began to feel better so quickly. I am glad that Patrick and Yazmir made a positive impression on you- they are great employees! I am however disappointed with your experience with the restaurant. They usually get rave reviews....I will speak with them. I would love to welcome you and your family back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!