“great location for pre-cruise stay”

Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We stayed at this Hampton prior to leaving on a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. The price included a shuttle from the airport, breakfast and a shuttle to the cruise termainal. We arrived after midnight but easily called the hotel from the directory and the shuttle was there within 15 minutes. The shuttle to the cruise terminal ran a bit slow due to traffic but was very efficient. The hotel itself is a basic Hampton. Clean, comfortable beds, nothing fancy but a very good value, especially with the included shuttles.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Cynthia S
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Hello there CindyC26! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I truly appreciate the great review! I am thrilled that you found the room clean and comfy and had a great experience with our shuttle service! You also mentioned our hotel was a great value. I agree, once you add in all the shuttle service, the breakfast, the free internet.....its a GREAT DEAL! ( of course I might be a tad biased!....:). I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel was clean and up to date. However, when we got off the plane to be picked up by the shuttle service we couldn't locate where the shuttle driver was. My husband and I eventually found the location and the shuttle driving by with the pink flamingos. We waved at him to let him know it was us he was looking for and he pulled right over. As we were getting in to the shuttle a TSA rep started talking to the driver and asking him why he continuously parks where he is not allowed. He said he wouldn't do it anymore but the TSA rep said she has warned him to many times and wrote the shuttle driver a ticket. When we all got situated (there were others in the van also) the shuttle driver turned around to us and said it was our fault he got a ticket. When we got back to the hotel he let the customer relations manager know this as we were checking in. It made us feel awful even though this was out of our control. We never asked him to pull over in tha location but some how it was our fault and was made to feel uncomfortable. I felt the manager should have asked the driver to at least not talk about this while we were right there. I would not stay here again and I know the people in the shuttle were also shocked by the way he spoke to us because they made mention of this. When you pay to go on vacation you expect good customer service which at this hotel we didn't recieve.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paige R
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Greetings Paige R, I wanted to thank you for giving us your feedback on your most recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I am happy that you found the hotel to be clean and up to date. I am however disapointed that you were not happy with the service our van drivers provided to you. There is only one specific place that the Fort Lauderdale airport will allow our drivers to pick up passengers in each terminal- at the "Hotel Off Aiport Parking" area. There is a blue sign in each terminal letting guests know where they go to be picked up by hotel shuttles. Our driver obviously made the decision to stop in an undesignated area to pick you up and that was HIS fault, not yours! If you were in the wrong place to be picked up, he should have directed you to the right place and waited for you to get there. My sincere apologies that he made you feel bad. I will make sure that this does not happen again. Thanks for letting us know. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

I have been coming the Hampton Inn cruise port for years on business travel. The hotel staff and mangement David and Diane will always greet me with a warm welcome and provide world class service. The hotel is practically my 2nd home and continue to return. If you want a hotel stay with excellent service, affordable rates and a great location the Hampton Inn cruise port is your place.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bid_you_Godspeed

Howdy Bid_you_Godspeed! Thank so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! I truly appreciate hearing from our Corporate Guests that stay with us the most. Thank also for mentioning myself and Diane, my Guest Service Manager- she does a great job for us! We really appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to this coast!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

A 1 day stay before the cruise and a 3 day stay after, unfortunately Issac had passed through while we were cruising.No pool for 3 days was a real disappointment but we understood these things happen.We had a room wth the air conditioner on the bum and they quickly had us leave our things in our room and sleep in another until it was fixed the next day.Way to take care of things. THANKS TO YOU ALL

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank cynt8819
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Hello there Cynt8819! Thanks for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. We love hearing from our Canadian Friends! I am very happy that you had a good stay with us and enjoyed the hotel! So sorry you came during a hurricane and that we had to shut the pool down! I do apologize that your air conditioner had some issues, but I am thrilled that you liked our solution to the problem. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA ( and hopefully better weather!)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn several times. As usual another great stay. We appreciate the good service we get with the Airport Shuttle. The rooms are always nice clean and quiet.
What a good breakfast they offer. I certainly stay here again when passing through Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Susan F
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2012

Greetings SusanF! WOW! what a great review of my hotel! There are no bigger compliments to me and my staff than when our guests keep coming back year after year to our hotel! I am so happy that you found the rooms to be clean and quiet and that we always take care of you from a service perspective. Thanks so much for taking the time to let our future guests know that this is the place to stay! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

This hotel is very quaint. It's close to the Royal Carribbean cruise port and has a free shuttle service to the airport and the ports. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is pretty good, and the service was outstanding. They even drove us to a cool restaurant bar on the pier and picked us up! The manager found out it was our honeymoon and left us snacks drinks and a congratulations note while we were out. A+! Not to mention its the most affordable hotel for what you are getting.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Stefanie G
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Hello there Stefanie G!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice Trip Advisor review about my hotel. What a cute couple you both were! Congrats again by the way! I am thrilled that you found the rooms to be clean, the breakfast to be good and thought our service was outstanding! (I am very happy you enjoyed the note and the snacks, I just wanted to help start your honeymoon out the right way!) I would love to welcome you back to my hotel (for your first aniversary!!) on your next trip to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel 1 week before our cruise in FLL.
Nothing to complain about, excellent service and courteous staff... Good breakfast in the morning, good selection. everything was clean and comfortable. Rate was excellent. It was near airport and cruise port.

What else can anyone ask for? There's even a pool (a small one)...

I especially want to acknowledge Alajandra (front desk staff). She was wonderful and very helpful in everything, and always greeted us by name when we come in or out.

The hotel is right next to a strip mall, a MacDonalds and Wendy's so you won't go hungry in a pinch.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank solaris_pete
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Greetings Solaris_Pete!! Thank you for taking the time to write us a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We especially LOVE hearing from you "Top Contributors"!! I am thrilled that you found the room clean and comfortable and thought we were a great value! Thanks for mentioning Alejandra- she is a great employee for me and always goes above and beyond for our guests! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!