“pre cruise stay...”

Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Goodyear, Arizona
“pre cruise stay...”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a Sunday night before traveling to the port of Miami the next morning for a cruise. Arrived at the FLL airport late..11pm. Called the hotel from baggage claim and got instructions on where to meet the shuttle van driver. Within 15 minutes we were boarding the shuttle to the hotel. (on a side note..shuttle driver was quite unfriendly...barely said a word..not even a hi, how are you...if it wasn't for the flamingos and signage on the van, and me asking..I would not have known if we were on the right van or not) Arrived at the hotel..checked in quickly..front desk customer service was average..hotel was nice, clean, breakfast was very good. Had pastries, bagels, eng. muffins, toast, waffle maker, sausages, cheese omelettes , coffee, juices.
They had a small are to buy snacks, drinks..kind of a tiny convenience store, that was available 24 hours.
Just across the street is a strip mall. a few shops, liquor store, Wendy's and a Winn Dixie supermarket. Winn Dixie opened at 7am and we were able to stop in and get drinks, wine to take on the ship. They have a full alcohol section! (which we were happy to see!)
Would we stay here again...yes! (but I would hope for a happier shuttle driver!!)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Azziekid
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
Greetings Azziekid! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests! I am happy that you found the hotel to be nice, clean and appreciated our breakfast. It also appears that you found our location handy since we were right next door to a grocery store and liquor store. I do however, want to personally apologize about your experience with one of my drivers. "average service" is not what my hotel is known for. This will be addressed IMMEDIATELY! Thanks so much for letting me know. I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA and I promise you .....we will get it right!

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Montreal
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Flying in the day before going on a cruise, I was looking for a place that included free shuttle service to/from the airport/pier, and free wifi. Learning about the Hampton Inn from other cruise reviews, it appeared to be the best choice...and it was!

We called the hotel from the airport and was told to call back as soon as we got our luggage. This is a good policy since our luggage actually came out last! When I called back I was told the shuttle would be there in 15 minutes...."look for the flamingos". The shuttle arrived in about 10 minutes and the flamingos on the roof of the van were very easy to spot. We were the only passengers, and the driver Arkem was extremely friendly. Chatting with me the entire drive, he told me that if we wanted to go out to eat or anywhere else in the area, he would be happy to take us.....nice way to start our trip. On arrival the front desk staff were also very friendly and we were quickly in our room. The room was clean and quite large. We had a king bed, a futon, a desk, two side tables, lcd tv, bar counter with a fridge and microwave. The bathroom was also large and had a modem shower which you were able to sit in.

On top of the free shuttle and wifi, breakfast was also included. There were eggs, cereal, yogurt, sausage, a waffle press and coffee.

This hotel is PERFECT for a one night stay before a cruise and as a frequent cruiser, I cannot see myself staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lor74
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hello there Lorno74, Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of my hotel! I am very happy that you found the room to be clean and large and that Arkim had taken great care of you on the shuttle. Arkim does a fabulous job of taking care of our guests! I also appreciate you saying "I cannot see myself staying anywhere else"!! Huge compliment! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Our group of 7 arrived 2 days prior to our cruise and we only wish we could have stayed longer! We flew in from Montreal and upon arrival we called the hotel for our shuttle. The shuttle arrived within 10 minutes (pink flamingoes on the roof) and the hotel is about 5 minutes away. The staff is friendly, courteous and extremely helpful! We are forever grateful to Dianne who took care of our tranportation issues. We were able to explore Ft. Lauderdale at our leisure knowing our driver was just a phone call away. The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is amazing! The hotel provides shuttle service (which is also complimentary) to the pier. Our last night there we wanted pizza delivered so we could eat around the pool. Dianne provided us with a menu and highly recommended the restaurant. I was on "hold" for a good 5 minutes when Dianne dialed the restaurant number on another phone and told them that a guest was waiting to place an order on the other line! My call was answered immediately and the order placed. I cannot tell you how impressed we were with the service! We will definitely stay there again when we visit Ft. Lauderdale.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank mommapedia
Greetings Canadian Friends! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your last stay with us. We truly appreciate your business and love hearing from you! I am thrilled that you were impressed with the service and commented on how clean the hotel was. I am happy that Dianne took great care of you-she is a superstar! I hope to see your group with us next year and want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Sunland
Reviewed May 28, 2012

We chose this place after reading such great reviews. I also noticed that the manager was paying attention to the reviews, which led me to believe that the hotel probably had great customer service because he is paying attention.

We flew in to Orlando from Los Angeles and spent a few days in Orlando prior to our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale. We took the Amtrak train down from Orlando and when we arrived in Fort Lauderdale station we called the hotel to see if their shuttle could pick us up from the train station. The girl at the front desk was a little hard to understand at first but she asked me which train station I was at. Since I'd never been to Fort Lauderdale before, I told her the Amtrak station. She said the shuttle only picked up from one of the stations... she said something else, but I couldn't quite understand what she said. Finally, she said the shuttle would be at the station in 20-25 minutes. We waited for 30 minutes and then called again - I was worried that perhaps we were at the station where the shuttle would not pick us up. We got a different person on the phone - but this time we heard loudly and clearly - the shuttle driver knew we were waiting and was en route from dropping people at the airport and we'd see the shuttle in about 5-10 minutes. Less than 10 minutes later - we saw the famous shuttle with the flamingoes. We were very tired, but very happy to see it!!!! Much better than paying for a cab!

The hotel is not super fancy - but it is very comfortable and very convenient. It has a nice lobby area and a pool (which we did not use). They have free coffee/tea service in the lobby and the area felt very safe to me. There were lots of other cruise passengers in the lobby chatting and laughing. Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the lobby. I was worried at first that the noise from the lobby would be disturbing but once we closed the (very heavy) door, the room was quiet. You gotta love hotels that know how to insulate!

The room was very clean and the shower was large. The bed had nice pillows and the mattress was just right.

We walked across the street to the strip mall shopping area - we had some last minute cruise items to pick up at the grocery store (Winn Dixie). On our way walking to the store, we first smelled and then saw a restaurant (84 Thai). We were planning on just grabbing a quick fast food dinner somewhere, but the Thai food smelled too enticing so we went there first. Boy what a find - we liked it so much we went back there for lunch the next day.

The hotel has a wide variety of complimentary breakfast items I think anyone would be happy with.

After we checked out we stowed our luggage with the hotel and went back to 84 Thai for lunch, since our shuttle reservation wasn't until 1:30. There had been a cancellation for a shuttle reservation for 11:30 which David Blevins the manager of the hotel offered to us, but we had our hearts set on eating at 84 Thai again, so we opted for 1:30 reservation. He gave us his recommendations for dishes he liked. (Thanks David!!!)

We'd definitely stay here again if we are ever in Fort Lauderdale. If you're looking for a straightforward, clean room before or after a cruise - we highly recommend this place. The convenience (free shuttles!), location to 84 Thai, and the great staff make it the place to stay in Fort Lauderdale!!! This was just a great value.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank leighla319
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Hello there Leighla319. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel. And YES....I do "pay attention" to all my reviews! (Any GM that does not....is FOOLISH!)
I am very happy that you enjoyed the service, thought the room was clean and large and that the bed was comfy! ( I love those beds so much I ordered one for myself!!) I am glad you enjoyed the Thai restaurant- the Chicken Pad Thai is to die for! My apologies for the wait at the train station- we do pick up from there, but it is the opposite direction from the airport and cruise port- so sometimes it does take us a little while to get there if we are busy with shuttle runs. It makes me very happy that you said you would come back- that is the biggest compliment you can give us! I would love to personally welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had 2 rooms from 5/20-5/21 at this location and I must say that I was very pleased with the service and hotel. I called the shuttle as soon as I got my luggage and it was there within 15 minutes (as promised). The rooms were nice and very well kept. The hotel sits right next door to a strip mall that has a grocery store (Winn Dixie), Big Lots, Dollar Store, and several little food shops, all within walking distance. The breakfast in the morning was GREAT (waffles, omelets, bacon/sausage, oatmeal, cold cereal, and juice). The only downside was that were did have a 'visitor' in our room (in the form of a Floridian cockroach) BUT.....it was raining very hard and, after all, it is Florida (I've seen these same 'visitors' at Universal Studios and Disney). Overall I was VERY pleased with my stay and would ABSOLUTELY stay there again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings EnagmaticWoman! I truly appreciate you taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our wonderful guests! I am thrilled that you were happy with the service from the hotel and the shuttle service that we offered. It also sounds like your really enjoyed the breakfast! ( Those waffles are YUMMIE!). I also sincerely
apologize about the "visitor" you had! We usually have NO issues of that sort in my hotel....but that being said, it is Florida and the rainy season. I do appreciate you saying that you would absolutely come back! I do welcome you to contact me directly so that I can try and make it right with you. I would also love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed here one night before a cruise in April, 2012. Free shuttle from/to airport and free shuttle from/to cruise terminal is a BIG PLUS! The staff were excellent and the room was clean and tidy. The breakfast was plentiful and very neatly done. another plus is the shopping mall directly across the street..for any forgotten last minute things! The shuttle driver was terrific at moving an very crowded van with a lot of baggage. Kudos to this Hampton Inn for their great service!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jabbers
Howdy there my Texas friends! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. I am ecstatic that you found the service to be "excellent" and enjoyed our breakfast and the shuttle offering as well. I have a great staff and they try very hard to make sure ALL of our guests have a fantastic stay! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to SUNNY FLORIDA!

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed May 22, 2012

We received excellent service from the moment we stepped into the free shuttle from the airport to our free shuttle to the cruise ship the next morning. The check in was excellent and very efficient. It was nice to have coffee/tea available during the day. Breakfast was good and re-stocked. We liked our stay so much that I have already booked us in for January 2013! Sorry this is a bit late. Thanks David and staff.

Room Tip: Good mall across the street for any forgotten items plus wine for the cruise.