Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
Barrington, Illinois
“pre cruise stay”
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Very professional front desk staff. Loved the free shuttle to/from airport and port. Nice rooms- close to airport and cruise port. Liked the shopping plaza right next door (restaurants, grocery store, Dollar Store, etc). Would recommend

5 Thank Kimberly0
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Hi there! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment out of your busy day to write a nice review about my hotel. We truly appreciate hearing from our wonderful guests! I am pleased that you found my front desk staff to be very professional and helpful. I agree, the shopping plaza next door makes it awfully handy to pick up any last minute items you may need ( groceries, alcohol, suitcases, or sundry items to take on the ship!) Also having 3 sit down restaurants and 3 fast food and take outs right next door makes it very easy for guests without cars. I do appreciate your business and I would love to welcome you back to my hotel.
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
connecticut
Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband & I along with 2 other couples chose this hotel to stay at the night prior to our 1st cruise. Free shuttle picked us up at the airport and brought us to a great hotel. The people were absolutely wonderful. The shuttle brought us to a wonderful restaurant, The Rendezvous Bar & Grill which is located right at a marina. The morning brought a nice breakfast buffet and then they shuttled us to the pier. I can't say enough about the staff and manager David. It was a wonderful start to our 10 day cruise.

3 Thank seets
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 6, 2012
Greetings! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor! We love hearing from our guests! I am very happy that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet, the Rendezvous restaurant, and the shuttle. I am also very proud that my staff made a favorable impression on you! I want to personally welcome you back to my hotel.

Shawnee
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Stayed here the night before a cruise. Lovely Hampton with an old Florida vibe. The room was great, comfy bed. Only problem was that it was so crowded at breakfast it was a madhouse! No place to sit. We ended up going to a Perkins instead. We like to stay at Hamptons because they are consistently good. Wished we could have enjoyed breakfast there because they are usually quite good.

• Stayed January 2012
4 Thank Wordrioter
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 2, 2012
Hello there Worldrioter! I wanted to thank you for taking a moment to write a nice review about my hotel on Trip Advisor. We truly value our guests feedback. I am thrilled that you enjoyed
the British Colonial theme of our hotel- it is certainly unique. Also, our beds seem to be a guest favorite as well. And yes, I know how crazy it gets on the busy cruise weekends to find a spot to sit and eat- It seems like everyone wants to come down all at the same time....usually between 9:30am and 10am. (come down around 8am and you can hear the crickets!!) I am sorry that you had trouble finding a seat to eat....Some folks even use the pool area to enjoy their breakfast.....next time please come find me and i will personally find a spot for you to enjoy our fabulous breakfast! I would love to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!
The South
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have to respectfully break away from the herd and state that while the bedding and beds are nice, attention to environmental detail was lacking during our stay. The outer door of our room was dirty and scuffed and the furniture showed tracks in the dust where a cloth had been swiped thru it. We had plastic debris in the floor which I asked twice to have vacuumed ( the desk clerk and the manager both promised to have the room gone over again) and it remained untouched. On the upside, the coordination of folks to the cruise pier is top notch. You are within walking distance of a grocery store, Big Lots and Dollar Tree if you need any last minute items.
First impressions are the only ones you get and you could have had a raving fan if only you had followed thru.

9 Thank PharmacyRx
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 30, 2012
Dear Pharmacyrx,
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. We truly value our guests feedback and I personally read every one of them! I am happy that you were pleased with the beds, the stores next door and our coordination of our busy shuttle service. I am however, very sorry that we did not have the attention to detail that you had hoped for. My sincere apologies for my Guest Service Rep and one of my Managers not following up on your request to have the area vacuumed again. It does sound like we had a real opportunity to WOW you and unfortunately, we let it slip! I welcome you to contact me directly so that i can have an opportunity to make it right for you. We want you to be a happy guest. I also want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida.....and I will personally have a pitcher of drinkable Kool Aid for you to enjoy!....:)
Thanks for letting me know.
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Travelling with a group and we received great service. Convenient shuttle service to and from airport, to and from dinner and to and from the cruise port. David, the manager personally helped deliver our luggage to our room. Great rate and room. Enjoyed our stay and looking forward to our next visit!

6 Thank Amy C
Hello! I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. We truly value our guest feedback! I am very happy that you enjoyed our shuttle service to and from the airport and to the Port Everglades cruise port and the fact that we even take you within a mile of the hotel to area restaurants. Also , It was my pleasure to help you with your luggage, we appreciate your business! I want to welcome you back to my hotel on your next visit to Sunny Florida!
Gibsonville, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Large cruise tour...this hampton accomodated multiple trips to the airport to pickup our group, shuttled us for dinner, that night, and 4 shuttles to the cruise port the next morning...great experience, clean hotel, attentive staff!!

4 Thank Rhonda A
Hello there! I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a nice review on Trip Advisor about my hotel. I am pleased that you were happy with our Shuttle service, my staff and thought my hotel was clean. I want to welcome you back to the hotel real soon!
Wauconda, Illinois
Reviewed January 26, 2012

We have stayed at this Hampton Inn 3 times in the last 5 years before departing on cruises from Port Everglades. We keep going back for a reason - it has been consistently a great place to stay! Our group averages 30-40 people and 10-15 rooms. Elaine in the groups department has been more than helpful with arrangements and the changes that sometimes happen when traveling. The complementary shuttle service is excellent and efficient from the airport to the hotel and the hotel to the port. Most importantly, Dave, his front desk staff and his drivers are all friendly, helpful & courteous. They always makes us feel like we are at "home" in Fort Lauderdale. We will definitely be back!

3 Thank fishlakegirl
DavidBlevins, General Manager at Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Greetings.... and thank you so much for taking the time to write a nice review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. We love hearing from our guests! I am very happy that you and your group felt very well taken care of. We take pride in being able to handle big groups like yours! I want to personally thank you for choosing my hotel year after year-we know you have a lot of choices.
We look forward to seeing you and your wonderful group next year again! Safe Travels.