Stayed at the hotel for one night only prior to heading out on vacation through Ft Lauderdale. Hotel is located right by the cruise pier so location is very good. That is pretty much where the good news stops for this hotel.
Check in was pretty bad. Everyone was checking in for a cruise. The check in person just assumed so was I so she just stated "Princess Cruise check in"....then I said no and she just turned away. I had to wait for someone else. Booking was messed up so that was not good either. Finally got our room. It was small but pleasant.
Bed was not comfortable and pillows were horrible. Bring your own to this hotel if you are staying more than one night!
Bar service was not good. When we went to the bar, there was no bartender in sight however people were having drinks so I knew they were open. We waited awhile and finally a rather harried bartender came and took our order. Right after that another bartender showed up but then there must have been some function so that the bar was packed to capacity and going nuts with drink orders. We were going to just eat in the bar but decided to go to the restaurant instead. This hotel also seems to have functions so it was really crazy that evening with noise and people everywhere.
Bar and restaurant are very small for this busy of a hotel. Restaurant had very good service, especially since there was only one other couple eating here. Pricing was pretty expensive but we were tired and didn't want to go anywhere else at this point.
Hotel is just ok for a pre cruise hotel but as for vacation.....not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port hotel near Port Everglades is perfectly situated in the heart of Fort Lauderdale’s vibrant 17th Street cruise district. We are located at the entrance to Port Everglades and the Broward County Convention Center, 5 minutes from Fort Lauderdale Beach, downtown Fort Lauderdale and Las Olas Blvd. Hop on the Water Taxi, we’re steps from the stop. If arriving by plane, we’re only 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale International Airport and while renting a car is easy, the Sun Trolley is a unique way to get around. Our renovated lobby, restaurants, and guest rooms provide a contemporary coastal feel. Relax under swaying palm trees, catch a nap in a pool-side cabana, or sip cocktails under the Fort Lauderdale sun. Whether starting or ending the day, our culinary team will awaken your senses. Sip locally roasted coffee at Calusa Coffee Bar, treat yourself to a locally-inspired meal at Bistro 17, or enjoy craft cocktails and local beers at R Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Renaissance Fort Lauderdale
- Fort Lauderdale Renaissance