“I always enjoy my stay here.”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Charlotte, North Carolina
“I always enjoy my stay here.”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great hotel. Staff is very nice. They always go out of their way to get me a refrigerator no matter what time I check in. The hotel rooms are big and bright and very clean. Great gym and pool. The hotel restaurant and bar are good and there are numerous dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank JetBlueDriver

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Delaware
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel pre-cruise on October 13, 2012. It is a very nice hotel – a nice mix that would appeal to both the business and/or pleasure customer. We had requested a room on a higher floor with a view of the cruise port. Our friends who arrived a day ahead did the same and had a great view in room 1102. We were in 1008, and from just a few doors down the view wasn’t as nice, but since the hotel isn’t really known for the cruise port views, no problem. We enjoyed the bar in the lobby, and ordered lunch while waiting for our room. Prices were high though typical for a nice hotel, and our food, drinks, and service were all excellent.

Room was clean and well appointed, pool and hot tub were very nice, and service was friendly. I’d stay here again.

The only gripe I had was that some of the amenities I’ve enjoyed during previous stays at other Fort Lauderdale hotels – Internet, Parking, Breakfast Buffet and shuttle to/from Airport or Cruise Port are no longer free. However, this seems to be the trend for many Fort Lauderdale hotels now, so we dealt with it.

Within walking distance we found the Bimini Boatyard, Walgreens, the Water Taxi, and the overlook on the 17th Street Causeway to watch the cruise ships sail away on Saturday afternoon. They sub-contract out a shuttle to the cruise port, and it was very reasonable ($6pp), fast and efficient.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank delacruzzer
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel was nice. What you expect from marriott. The value was good for the great location in the heart of Ft. Lauderdale. Staff were all very friendly and accomodating. The rooms and beds were comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for waterview
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank jasonf1975
san jose, ca
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for a pre-cruise trip to Eastern Caribbean. The location is perfect for being closed to the cruiseport. It took about less than 10 minutes to get to the cruise port. The room is small comparing to other Renaissance Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank paradise93
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My girlfriend and I booked this hotel through Priceline bidding for $75 a night for one night in mid October. It's very close to the Cruise Port and fairly close to the airport, although we couldn't hear any noise from the outside. All in all, it was a good value for the price. The hotel is a little old and will need to be remodeled soon. There was road construction outside of the hotel which made it a little hard to access the parking garage. Self parking normally costs $25 a night but the gate was up and we were not asked to pay when we left, which was nice.
The room itself is fairly nice and spacious. The king-size bed we asked for was comfy and the shower was great. I have no complaints about the room except for the loud AC which kicked in every now and again, although we got used to it. The pool area looked really nice, as well, even though it's right next to a major road.
The staff was very friendly. We asked to check in late and for a room on an upper level and both requests were granted. Even though the bill said checkout was at 11AM, I called the front desk and they assured me checkout it at noon.
I would recommend this hotel to travelers passing through the area like we did, or for those waiting to disembark on a cruise. I

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nadav K
Parkland, Florida
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I agree with previous posters that the non-water location is disappointing.
Rooms are typical Marriot, clean, in good shape and fairly nondescript.
Lobby was nice, and we had a very pleasant lunch in the lobby bar . The front desk staff were very friendly.
We were there for a family wedding, I would not choose it for a vacation when there are so many other better located hotels within a very short distance, although it is very well located for pre and post cruises, as the port is practically next door.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank _eiffeltrav
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The location is just a little disappointing when there are so many similar or best hotels on the water in the immediate area.

When one drives up they find it's $15 a day to part in the parking garage or $30 for valet. Again, nothing special hotel why could they not just offer parking.

They did ot have a king sized bed. The room iwas very average and smelled of a sweet air freshener which makes me wonder, small bathroom, granite counter but again, little better than average.

Te restaurant has a buffet and full service but looks like its not used much. My Latte tasted like they needed a water filter.

I think I would look at one of the other hotels prior to trying this one again, unless the rate is significantly lower at this hotel.

Felt clean...smelled fruity...

The bed was comfortable....

Again, little better than average...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business