“Excellent PreCruise Stay for our Family”

Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel
Ranked #32 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado
“Excellent PreCruise Stay for our Family”
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Our family occupied five rooms here for one night pre-cruise, while we enjoyed a two night stay. After several stays at other hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, we've now found the perfect hotel. The entire staff could not have been nicer. Keri and Debra provided us friendly, helpful service at the desk; we felt they really wanted to ensure that we had a good stay. The doorman, Kayon, was so pleasant and willing to take the time to deal with our transportation needs.
Rooms were large, very clean and comfortable. We all had the room and breakfast buffet combo. The small restaurant was very crowded on our cruise morning, with a line waiting for seats. The buffet breakfast selection was limited, and the set-up was crowded and not very inviting.
The hotel is in an excellent location with a drugstore across the street, two nice restaurants adjacent, and within walking distance to the water taxi stop. During our extra day, we took full advantage of the great sightseeing experience offered by the water taxi. The hotel also offers shuttle service, with a charge, to the port a very short distance away.
We highly recommend the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel hotel, and look forward to ur next stay.

Room Tip: High floor, view room. You'll love it.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 30, 2011

I had the pleasure of staying at the hotel while I attended a church convention, visited a friend, and took a vacation in a great city. The staff was very welcoming, helpful, and friendly from the moment that I drove to the front to drop off my bags and check in. The valet chief helped me with everything even though I told her that I would be using the cheaper self-parking option. She helped me anyway with a smile.

The hotel offered the usual ammenties that the nicer hotels do. I did not have my laptop and was pleasantly surprised that computers with fast Internet access were available for free in the lobby! I also appreciated the large lock box in the room for my valuables. The only negative was the absence of a small fridge.

The hotel was in walking distance from the convention center and directly across the street from a nice 24-hour Walgreens. A Publix grocery store and nice affordable restaurants were less than a 4-minute drive away. And, best of all, the airport and the wonderful beach were close also!

I really enjoyed Ft. Lauderdale and my hotel stay. The hotel has a relaxing, but upscale vibe. I enjoyed watching all the yachts and cruise ships come in. I definitely recommend choosing this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Lovestogo2
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed June 28, 2011

I don’t mind paying for service and quality, and are loyal Marriott members. This property falls well short of what one would expect from a Renaissance property. We did check in late 11:00pm, however there was no bell captain, our room was not ready with a roll away as requested and confirmed, waited 30 minutes to get a rollaway and then had the pleasure to make it up ourselves. Our suite had the stale smell of smoke, but was clean. No one really seemed to care about service at this property. I spoke with the housekeeping manager (?) who offered to place and machine in our room to clean the air, and offered us Marriott points at his option for the inconvenience of the rollaway and smelly room. Never happened, lip service with a smile. That was the overall culture of this hotel. Look for other options

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 19, 2011

I was here for a week. Staff was excellent, great location, and a wonderful bed. It is a 5 min ride to the beach, airport, interstate; 5 min walk to the convention center and water taxi. My corner room was large by any standard, with a beautiful view of downtown and surrounding waterways. The pool and work room, though small, are well maintained, with good workout equipment. Only downside was that there were only 2 elevators, so the ride to the 8th floor became a process when the hotel filled. Overall, I would be happy to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room with a view.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 18, 2011

so i was using the hotel computer and my mom called to say my sister cut her leg and to go get a band aid! so i went to the front desk leaving my Prada sunglasses at the computer by accident (which where 400 bucks!) I went up stairs and watched TV and to get ready for lunch and i realized I forgot them and so i called the front desk and they said no they are not there.. when we came down i checked the room and yes they where right they were gone... after lunch i came back and checked the room one more time..There was a man in there and he said he saw them laying there. so i went to the front desk and asked for them to check the camera and they said they could not check til Monday and that even if they could they would not show me the person who took them nor track them down..They were rude! I said i would just call the police and they said go right ahead... i went out side and 10 min later they called my cell phone saying they found them. There was a 5 hr time span and so if they would have found them in the morning everyone at the front desk would have known.. not until i said police they "found them" I strongly agree that someone from the hotel desk took them and they got freaked out when the police would have reviewed it...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
FTLRenaissanceGM, General Manager at Renaissance Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your most recent stay.

After following up with our team, I found that you had the opportunity to speak with a few members of the hotel staff and that your glasses were found within 10 minutes. Perhaps this review was written prior to you linking up with them.

Never the less, please accept my sincere apologies for not immediately having your glasses that you misplaced. Our team encounters a large amount of lost and found items and we take each case very seriously.

Speaking from experience, there is nothing more frustrating than not being able to find something you have misplaced.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Fort Lauderdale
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed June 14, 2011

We were treated like royalty from the manager to the porter...Everyone was fantastic.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Me and my four girlsfriends had at great stay at this hotel prior going on a Carribbean cruise. This hotel was wonderful; it was not noisy much to my surprise, the staff were nice despite the amount of guests, and we felt very safe. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The hotel about a $12-15 taxi ride from the Fort Lauderdale airport. For the price - use your AAA discount! - the hotel is very reasonable. You'll save money because the hotel is so close to the port. For us 4 girls, we paid $5 for a taxi ride to the port! ~$1 per person! They also hold luggage (very helpful if you arrive too early or if you check out but it's not time to meet at the port yet).

Although the hotel isn't RIGHT ON the beach, it is still pretty close. If you have 2-3 hours to spare, I suggest you hike the 2 miles to the beach. The walk is not strenuous at all (just need to cross the humongous bridge) and you can peak at the beautiful houses in the neighborhood along the way. There's also a Walgreens and Bank of America on the way so you can get $$ from the ATM and do some last minute shopping before the cruise.

We would definitely stay here again on our next cruise from Ft Lauderdale

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends