“Go Hungry!”
Review of Texas de Brazil

Texas de Brazil
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #74 of 1,374 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: American, Brazilian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Texas de Brazil is carving out a whole new experience in fine dining. The restaurant is an authentic Brazilian-American "Churrascaria" or steakhouse that combines the cuisines of Southern Brazil with the generous spirit of Texas.Treat yourself to our 50-60 item seasonal salad area including appetizers, gourmet vegetables, soups, and salads. Turn your place card to green and prepare to be swarmed by a troop of carvers generously serving various cuts of seasoned beef, lamb, pork, chicken and Brazilian sausage, all accompanied by traditional side items and house-baked Brazilian cheese bread. As you dine endlessly on Brazilian fare, let one of our in-house wine connoisseurs select the perfect pairing from our extensive, award-winning wine lists, or sip on a freshly-made signature cocktail-the Caipirinha. Complete your dining experience with one of our many decadent dessert selections, and then relax with an after-dinner drink, steaming espresso and enjoy the ambiance and service perfection that is uniquely Texas de Brazil.
Reviewed February 21, 2014

We decided to try out this restaurant while on vacation in Fort Lauderdale last week. I have never been to one but we knew what the basic concept of a Brazilian steak house was. The atmosphere is very nice and it seems like it would be a great place to go with a group. The drinks are very strong and very good. The salad bar is wonderful and very fresh and I really enjoyed the Lobster Bisque soup as well. I think we may have loaded up on too many sides not realizing just how much meat was coming. Then it was time for the meat parade to begin. It’s a lot of food and lot of meat so make sure you go hungry. I enjoyed trying the different meats and most were very good. I really like that they could cook it to whatever doneness you preferred. Everything was excellent and we would definitely go back but this is not the kind of meal I can handle that often. Great place for a birthday or special occasion.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

This restaurant is unique. The salad bar had a wide variety of selections, many that I hadn't seen in a salad bar before. Gauchos bring you a variety of meats (lamb, pork, beef, chicken, etc.) prepared in different ways (leg of lamb, lamb chops, pork tenderloin, chicken sausage, flank steak, etc.). You can select as many as you want. Wait staff was very good. Good ambiance. Expensive but very good.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is nice for a treat or special occasion. The service is amazing, the salad bar has an excellent assortment of unique items and the main course (meat) - is supplied as you wish.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

I have reviewed this restaurant several times and I feel I must say it again. We dine there regularly and it is consistently my very favorite. Tell Juan you want a dozen baby lamb chops - no salt - cooked medium. I repeat what I have said before -- COME HUNGRY AND EAT SMART! Don't fill up on the bread and potatoes. Stick to the top quality meats - all you can eat. I rate this the NUMBER ONE restaurant in all of Fort Lauderdale.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Great food. The service was a little slow which was great since we had time to digest all the food we were eating. Pass on the sausages and wait for the good meat to arrive. Tell the waiter/waitress which meat you want and how you want it cooked. They are very accommodating in meeting all your requests.