“Outside on the river bank - Trains & Yachts!”

The Pirate Republic Bar, Seafood & Grill
Ranked #76 of 1,330 Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Outside on the river bank - Trains & Yachts!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

This is a great destination. Drive here and park behind the restuarant where there is plenty of "Free" parking. Once there jump on the water taxi ($20/full day) and take it to any of the 13 stops along the water. You can pay when you board the taxi and it leaves every 30 minutes from the Pirate in the winter months, every 45 minutes in the summer. Once the day is done, hop the taxi back to the Pirate and say hello to the two live Parrots that great you. Get a table by the river and enjoy fabulous seafood while watching mega-yachts get towed up the river with tugs. Then the train bridge sounds, 3 times, and you have a front row to watch the Florida East Coast Railroad haul stone northbound or automobiles southbound. This is a great restuarant, and the coconut shrimp is fantastic, but the view and the day on the water in Fort Lauderdale is even better! If your kids are getting antsy, be sure to go to car and get their swim suits because the Pirate has a pool!

Visited August 2013

Naperville
“Best meal of our entire vacation.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I read about Pirate Republic on trip advisor, so my husband and I knew it was a place we wanted to hit up while on our vacation. Sooo glad we did!!!
The water taxi dropped us off right in front of the place. We showed up at an off time (after lunch but before dinner), so it wasnt really busy, but there were still people having a good time. The mixed drinks were great! Awesome selection of rum, including my husbands fav, 10 cane. The whole pirate themed part is great! Life size pirates guzzling rum and awesome murals everywhere. They even had two parrots you could chat with. The place looks like it would be a blast on a weekend night. We were so sad we weren't able to experience that. Next visit for sure!
The best part about this place was the food. We were expecting bar food kinda stuff, but instead got the best meal of our entire trip! I had shrimp in this amazing cheese sauce. I think it was called ooba tuba shrimp. A must have if you go here. The cerviche was also amazing. Everything was fresh and delicious. If you get a chance you MUST check this place out. You will not be disappointed!

• Visited July 2013
Middle Island
“Holy seafood”
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Upon finding this place on accident in August of 2012 with a friend, we were astonished. If you like seafood, I highly recommend this place. Located right on the intra coastal in downtown ft.lauderdale. It's a little pricey but a lot of food. My friend and I actually shared an appetizer and a dinner and we could not finish it. I had to go back in October of that same year with another friend. It's hidden down a side street on Andrews ave off of las olas blvd. the best seafood I have ever eaten!!!!!!

• Visited October 2012
Florida
“Cute Place, Great Food, Excellent Service”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two children (ages 9 and 11) stopped here for lunch during our ride on the Water Taxi. The decor of the restaurant is very cool, lots of pirate stuff everywhere. It's located on the Intracoastal Waterway, with a great view of the city. The food is gourmet and delicious, and our drinks were refreshing. My children and I are vegetarians, and found plenty of meatless selections on the menu. Our waitress, Jessica, was very friendly, knowledgeable and attentive. We will definitely be returning to The Pirate Republic on our next visit to Fort Lauderdale.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Rachelle B
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Worth trying - great food and view!”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Being a native from Portugal have been used to all my life to good fish. Well this is definitely the place to go if you are in downtown Fort Lauderdale. Food is very good and so is the view. Just ask for a table outside by the waterfront!!!

• Visited June 2013