“What a dump”

La Quinta Inn Ft. Lauderdale Northeast
Ranked #70 of 128 Hotels in Fort Lauderdale
“What a dump”
Reviewed January 17, 2006

As a frequent business traveler, I thought this place was just disgusting. I arrived on a Sunday evening, and the minute I pulled up, I thought to myself "There's no way I am staying here!" The room had a sickening sweet smell- a sure sign of bed bugs. There was a mysterious "funk" on the desk chair. I was afraid to take my shoes off. 2 of the 3 nights I had to stay there (because there were no other vacant hotels for miles) I couldn't sleep because of the constant traffic outside of my room (people, not cars). I was told by some locals that this was the place that rents rooms by the hour- and I believe it!! I would definitely not stay here again or recommend it to any traveler.

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
N.Ireland
Reviewed August 11, 2005

Having stayed in Fairdield Inn's before this once is definately below average. Because of changes in out travel arrangements we had stayed in the Best Western down the road the night before, and you couldn't compare the two. Whilst the Best Western was quiet and peaceful, this hotel was swarming with young people. We can only assume there was a convention going on or something because they took over the whole place. There was hardly a spare seat in the pool.
Breakfast was a disaster. Breakfast was only available to 9o'clock, not great when you are on vacation, and the breakfast attendant ensured no-one was allowed any more food after 9o'clock. So if you slept in til 9.05 you've no chance of getting food! Although on a positive note, the breakfast was well maintained and kept stocked up.
The room was small, and we had a tiny lizard in our room on the wall just before we went to bed. However, when we called reception, they were very quick to respond, and sent someone straight away.
On the whole but, I wouldn't recommend this hotel, and would stay at the Best Western Oakland instead.

• Stayed August 2005
4 Thank AJM48
Reviewed January 9, 2005

Stayed here five nights. Rooms were very clean and the staff was cheerful. While the hotel is located on the very busy Federal Highway, it was still pretty quiet at night.

The pool/hot tub was just secluded enough to make it a pleasant place to spend an afternoon or two. The hotel was located just a couple of minutes from Lauderdale by the Sea, so it was an easy trip to the beach.

My only complaint was that houskeeping couldn't seem to leave enough clean towels each night.

• Stayed January 2005
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woking
Reviewed January 6, 2005

What a very pleasant little hotel, with a lovely swimming pool, and nice rooms. We stayed there two nights prior to a cruise and one night on our return. The staff are very friendly. The only down side for us, as we didn't have a car until after our cruise, was the distance from the main town. We spent a lot of money in taxis to get anywhere. I would still recommend this lovely little hotel to anybody for a quick stay, absolutley ideal.

• Stayed December 2004
4 Thank Triptrav
Reviewed September 27, 2004

Me and my boyfriend stayed one night at this hotel on September 21, 2004. It was CLEAN and very nice. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was good. They responded quickly to a maintence issue we had. I would definely stay at this hotel again.

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member